Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagMan View Post
Wow. I thought I was detail oriented. Just thinking about building that chain makes my head hurt. Beautiful work.

Hunter
no kidding, someone at work was building one and I told him about this and he didn't really believe it when he saw it. Pretty much dashed his hopes of doing something really detailed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #12
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

It's not really that hard to build the stuff like that, it's an aftermarket kit to add on to the bike kit, it just gets really monotonous doing something like that chain.

This tank destroyer I built for a contest I spent about 40 hrs alone on weathering it and making it look worn. It's a good winter hobby :P

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #13
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
no kidding, someone at work was building one and I told him about this and he didn't really believe it when he saw it. Pretty much dashed his hopes of doing something really detailed.
I have a model of a Bianchi Freccia Celeste 350, that I bought in Germany about 10 years ago. It has a bag of tiny metal spokes in it, that are about the size of anorexic pins.

Every time I open the box, I look at my thumbs and think, "Maybe next year".

JC
Old 03-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

eric that's awesome, I don't have the patience or a steady hand to even begin to try to do something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #15
ericr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
eric that's awesome, I don't have the patience or a steady hand to even begin to try to do something like that.
Thanks man, yeah, most of that time was "painting" all the scratches on the base paint job. I'd work for 2 or 3 hrs on it and I'd have to quit for a day or two to let my eyes rest. I enjoy building real detailed stuff like that but I can't do it all the time. I've got a 1/16 Tiger 1 kit I started 5 yrs ago that has working hinges and clasps on the tool clamps, hatches, fenders etc. It's all soldered photoetch parts and I couldn't guess the hours I've put into that one over time but I've not touched it in a couple years now. I needed a break.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #16
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
Thanks man, yeah, most of that time was "painting" all the scratches on the base paint job. I'd work for 2 or 3 hrs on it and I'd have to quit for a day or two to let my eyes rest. I enjoy building real detailed stuff like that but I can't do it all the time. I've got a 1/16 Tiger 1 kit I started 5 yrs ago that has working hinges and clasps on the tool clamps, hatches, fenders etc. It's all soldered photoetch parts and I couldn't guess the hours I've put into that one over time but I've not touched it in a couple years now. I needed a break.
The scratch work on the deck plating and seat are really well done, very realistic. Nice job.

JC
Old 03-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post

Yea wow bro! I used to put Testors models together when I was like 10 or so but this shit is way past my patience levels!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #18
ericr

THanks Tig and AMJ. I started early too and got into trying to do realistic work in high school but didn't really get into it until about 15 yrs ago. I enjoy it but I don't like sitting still that long now, I'm too lazy as it is :P I need to get into a good workout routine again first and then spend a little time sitting and working on the models some.

Quote:
Old 03-06-2009, 12:23 AM   #19
ericr

This is the big Tiger I started on a long time ago

Quote:
Old 03-06-2009, 01:38 AM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Man if I started doing those models I'd have to either stop watching Smallville or stop masturbating...perhaps BOTH!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote