Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #11
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Firemen would have probably cooked her new nuggets, paid her back and unlocked her car door for her.

Use the non-emergency number.

Get them out of the station on a Sunday afternoon.

They love that shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
While the woman should be on the ground going the 10 kilovolt shuffle for calling 911 over this, why the fuck does a fast food restaurant refuse to give you your money back when they can't fill your order and let it get to that point?
Seriously.

She paid for chicken, you don't have chicken, give her money back.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #12
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Why the fuck didn't just give her the damn money back?

The only reason she should have been calling 911 is to say that someone refused to refund money and they are now laying on the floor with a large lump on their forehead. I think they slipped on a greasy floor.

The 911 caller needs a boot in her ass.

I was thinking that she should be calling Jenny Craig while she is making phone calls but she can't be big. I think a big woman would have put some hurt on them for not having what she wanted then refusing to give a hungry woman her money back.

And what the fuck is a Mac Double?

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #13
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

if i was th 911 operator, i would have laughed and hung up on her.

Now a couple of weeks ago, there was some guy screaming and banging on the door/wall for an hour straight around the corner from my apt. I thought he was either a crazy stalker or a violent ex/current flame of the tenant, so i called 911 to report it just in case the girl get the crap kicked out of her or he goes bonkers and starts shooting everywhere.

Operator said that there already had been several complaints and the police are on their way. They never came

If they won't come for that, why would they come out for a McNugget debacle?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #14
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Dinner?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #15
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
if i was th 911 operator, i would have laughed and hung up on her.

Now a couple of weeks ago, there was some guy screaming and banging on the door/wall for an hour straight around the corner from my apt. I thought he was either a crazy stalker or a violent ex/current flame of the tenant, so i called 911 to report it just in case the girl get the crap kicked out of her or he goes bonkers and starts shooting everywhere.

Operator said that there already had been several complaints and the police are on their way. They never came

911 operators (call takers/dispatchers) aren't typically the smartest in the world (I know...I've dealt with them...had one ask me how to spell "the" ) and they make mistakes. Back last year there was a real 911 call that came in the operator thought was a joke, so she didn't send a responding unit. (I can't remember where it happened...I'll have to research it). A woman ended up dead. Since then alot of communications offices have been more strict.

I've been involved in more than one call where a unit didn't respond and they weren't false alarms. I've called back to see what was taking so long and the call taker told me the call had been closed, nothing found. At this point it's hard to say if they're only going by what they're seeing on their screen or if they're lying. One time I called them because someone's alarm had gone off when a perp broke their window. The old couple stayed locked in their bedroom. Twenty minutes later they called back asking me why it was taking so long. About that time, they saw a squad car so they let me go. No more than 3 minutes had passed and they called again. They told me the cops never stopped....just drove by. So I again called the 911 op back and they told me it was just closed, nothing found. I asked her how could nothing be found when I had the residents on the phone just tell me the cops didn't stop? I sent them right back out there and stayed on the phone with the woman until they knocked on her door.

I've also had other calls where they just didn't respond. Actual break ins to businesses. Cops never showed up (I notice these happen more in the north...mainly New York...Bronx, Brooklyn, etc). The business owner or manager would call himself when he got to the place and they never responded. I've stayed on the phone with them while they walked through their businesses, making notes of damages and anything that was stolen.

The 9-1-1 system isn't as effective as it can be when someone drops the ball and doesn't do their job.

However, I've seen much more positives through the system than negatives. Extremely quick response times that are just unbelievable. I've helped catch many perps. Seen them cuffed and stuffed on cameras, chases...good stuff.

Ooops...kinda got off subject. This lady should not have called. If the cops went out there to give her a citation for misuse of the system, then props. If they did more of that, there'd be less bullshit to sift through, wasting time, manpower, and money when it could be used for REAL emergencies. I don't see why they can't. Alot of places do it for false alarms.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #16
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Rogue, i think you just convinced me to buy a gun
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #17
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Rogue, i think you just convinced me to buy a gun
I have one

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I have one
ONE! By this forum's standards you are woefully under-armed. Hell, even this Canadian has three. Time for you to go shopping.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote