Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #11
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
2 years later with my MacBook and it works perfectly.

Apple = winz
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #12
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amblyopic View Post
It's a problem w/ something w/ the operating system, not HP.

But HP's "ok" I don't like thier customer support.... but everyone is outsourced now so *shrugs* ya take what you can get when you have no other choice.
I didn't mind the customer support overall. I tried the online support so I didn't have to sit on the phone. Well I had to do something about 10 minutes later for a sec and missed the support help. So I went into it again and also called to see who I would get first. I received help minutes before the online help. He spoke English, went through steps that I have done myself many many times. After a few minutes of that I he said it needs to to be sent in for repairs.

A box arrived the next day to send it out in. I sent it out and had it back in about 4 or 5 days.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Much better story than we've been through w/ the home help support (granted, when talking about enterprise support w/ the servers, it's been stellar, much better than the support for Dell enterprise products).

We've had several problems w/ the wife's old laptop, coming from hardware failures and what-not. One of the issues w/ hardware (was a memory issue) they said was attributed to me removing Mcafee (or was it Symantec?) from the system and putting AVG on it..... They were trying to do anything they could not to accept the system because I changed the anti-virus. Fought w/ them for two? three days before they'd finally transfer me to someone I could actually talk to that would handle the situation. We've vowed not to buy another HP product (computer) since. We've had no problems w/ our Multi-Function laser printer.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #14
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Much better story than we've been through w/ the home help support (granted, when talking about enterprise support w/ the servers, it's been stellar, much better than the support for Dell enterprise products).

We've had several problems w/ the wife's old laptop, coming from hardware failures and what-not. One of the issues w/ hardware (was a memory issue) they said was attributed to me removing Mcafee (or was it Symantec?) from the system and putting AVG on it..... They were trying to do anything they could not to accept the system because I changed the anti-virus. Fought w/ them for two? three days before they'd finally transfer me to someone I could actually talk to that would handle the situation. We've vowed not to buy another HP product (computer) since. We've had no problems w/ our Multi-Function laser printer.
Bad customer support can turn you off a product real fast. Things break. Shit happens but if a company won't back a product its a problem.

When I worked at Costco I worked in electronics for a while. One week a customer came in and said they hated brand x because they were a bad product or bad support. But they liked brand y because they worked for a doctor that had three of these computers. They all had problems but the company was real quick to fix it.

Two days later another woman came in who loved brand X but hated brand Y.

Everybody has a opinion. I never was a fan of Compaq. I own a HP now and they are owned by the same company now. Even knowing that I still don't want a Conpaq.

Way back in the day I had a IBM. I had a modem go on it. I called in to customer support and they had someone come to my house a day or two later and repair it right in my living room. Now that is service. I had another small problem and called in but I was just passed my warranty period. She asked for my extended warranty number. I said I didn't buy it. She let me go.

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
2 years later with my MacBook and it works perfectly.

Apple = winz
I would rather put my dick in a blender then to buy a Macbook.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 02-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
You know the funny thing is, I notice more "we're superior" comments from PC fans, than I do from Mac fans.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #16
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I would rather put my dick in a blender then to buy a Macbook.

James

But in all seriously I've been thinking of getting a mac for graphical/video work. Beyond that I don't have much use for it and I can get most of what i need done graphical/video wise on a Microsoft based operating system.

So many say "Fuck Microsoft" well ya know what, develop something better that will do everything these Microsoft products will do. I know Microsoft is far from flawless and sometimes their packages are far from perfect, but all in all they're not that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
You know the funny thing is, I notice more "we're superior" comments from PC fans, than I do from Mac fans.
Oh? Opposite on my end, particularly working with the Mac people that I've supported.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #17
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:

Oh? Opposite on my end, particularly working with the Mac people that I've supported.
It's like every time Macs come up in a thread, PC fanboyz start bragging about how skilled they are at building & fixing their own PC, and that Mac owners are either too lazy to build their own, or just bought it because it was trendy.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #18
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I hear the opposite.

James
Old 02-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #19
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
It's like every time Macs come up in a thread, PC fanboyz start bragging about how skilled they are at building & fixing their own PC, and that Mac owners are either too lazy to build their own, or just bought it because it was trendy.
And when someone has a problem with a pc someone comes in with how great Macs are.

James
Old 02-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #20
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Quote:
Oh? then what about the Apple=Winz comment? Double standard, clearly.

I think a lot of it is due to trends..... I don't know about ya'll but when I was going thru school all I used were Mac's until high school... Mac's have really gotten a lot of support in home computers w/ the emergence of the iPod and then later the iPhone, it increased their market share and public visibility.

I wouldn't say people buy Mac's because they're too lazy to build their own. I build my own because I know what *I* want to put in it and it's cheaper than buying a prebundled higher-end package from say Dell or HP. I also personally enjoy it.

Sides, most people now-a-days just use their PC's to connect to the net and browse the web. If you find a graphics or video person, they will tend to have a Mac (they process the information faster, simply put). Gamers and more "power users" you'll find on PC's because they are just more well known, there's more software applications available in general.

So what would you say I am? a "PC Fan Boy" because I posted the Penny Arcade strip? Nah, I'd say I'm more of a realist, everything has it's own application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
And when someone has a problem with a pc someone comes in with how great Macs are.

James
Precisely.