Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #11
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
See priorities! You go out and buy a phone with a 3" screen to surf the web but you won't buy a phone for it's camera...cool! That's what choice is all about baby! I only use my phone to talk,text,take pics,play games and listen to music.
yeah but if you want decent pics, you can get a decent small P&S camera and a phone that will do the rest for the same price.

It's like if you really want an iphone and don't want AT&T, you can get a verizon phone with good service and an ipod touch to have both.

Speaking of which I know a bunch of phones can be used as modems, I wonder if anyone has tried to use the phone and come up with some way to connect the ipod touch to the net through the phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #12
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

So you are going to go into a bar with both your phone and a P&S?.......Most people would rather only have one device. And anyways, the vast majority of P&S cameras are no better than the best cellphone cameras.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
So you are going to go into a bar with both your phone and a P&S?.......Most people would rather only have one device. And anyways, the vast majority of P&S cameras are no better than the best cellphone cameras.
That's why you get a decent P&S, they can be much better than a any cell camera. Then the question remains, why are you bringing a camera into a bar in the first place? Are you wanting to be that douche?
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #14
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Because maybe you want to take pics of friends? And if other people don't like the flash, fuck them.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #15
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Because maybe you want to take pics of friends? And if other people don't like the flash, fuck them.
I'm with you on the picture in the club. The last two times I was out there was 3-5 cameras going in the group that I knew.

But I do take my P&S because it takes better picture then my Treo did. I just toss my camera in my back pocket. for that reason I would like to have a thinner camera.

If my next phone takes good enough pictures I might leave my P&S at home. Or maybe not. I let others take pictures every now and then. I would rather not hand my phone around to everyone.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #16
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Totally off topic (nothing new, right? ) but sometimes a (comparitavely to an SLR) shitty point and shoot is just right for the job. Thus why I'm investing in one before I deploy... mainly because I'd rather trash a $100 P&S than my $500 DSLR.

Not to mention a P&S I can stick in my pocket and take with me everywhere for those spur of the moment inspired shots (of which most of my best pics from my last deployment came from), as upposed to lugging around my XT.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:43 PM   #17
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
If my next phone takes good enough pictures I might leave my P&S at home. Or maybe not. I let others take pictures every now and then. I would rather not hand my phone around to everyone.
That's a good point right there too, a decent p&s is going to be cheap in comparative to this phone which if you don't get the warranty can run up the bill to replace in comparison to basically a disposable cost on the decent p&s. I much rather get a $100 P&S and have that trashed than trash my camera phone which I am stuck with for another year and a half til my contract runs up or be forced to get a crappy phone to make due instead of spending the outrageous costs for buying an unlocked decent phone.
Quote:
Old 02-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #18
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That's a good point right there too, a decent p&s is going to be cheap in comparative to this phone which if you don't get the warranty can run up the bill to replace in comparison to basically a disposable cost on the decent p&s. I much rather get a $100 P&S and have that trashed than trash my camera phone which I am stuck with for another year and a half til my contract runs up or be forced to get a crappy phone to make due instead of spending the outrageous costs for buying an unlocked decent phone.
Yeah I can lose a camera and do with out for a bit but if I lose my phone it screws things up like you just said. Cost of the new phone, time without phone and so on. But i really like having a camera on my phone as well. I like having a camera at my side at all times. I have my phone and I like to take my P&S with me in my truck as well.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
Totally off topic (nothing new, right? ) but sometimes a (comparitavely to an SLR) shitty point and shoot is just right for the job. Thus why I'm investing in one before I deploy... mainly because I'd rather trash a $100 P&S than my $500 DSLR.

Not to mention a P&S I can stick in my pocket and take with me everywhere for those spur of the moment inspired shots (of which most of my best pics from my last deployment came from), as upposed to lugging around my XT.
That's where I'm at! Sure I admit that my 8 meg phone won't be as good as your DSLR but I'm not trying to take pics to hang in a museum for god's sake! If I'm riding and I see something interesting,bang 8 meg decent pic! Plus,it has a huge internal memory and room for a 8 or 16 gig card! Shit I have a 4 gig in my phone now and I'm not even half full. Someday soon,the phone will put all other portable devices out of business imho.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #20
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Someday soon,the phone will put all other portable devices out of business imho.
It's pretty much stopped being a phone since the iphone came out. It will replace the laptop before long.
Quote: