http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qMbhSpMTQU

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #13
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
=I mean really,she's got what,3 top 40 hits in a 50+ year "career"? Gee,I'm not sure but I think that Beyonce has a few more than that.
Beyonce has the benefit of American Celebrity Idol worship. Beyonce can take a dump on a microphone and people would make it a #1 hit just because she did it.

Hard to compare today's artists and their success to artists of the past. If Beyonce was ugly she wouldn't have 1 single hit out there. Not even close.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #14
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy View Post
Live Performance by Etta James:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDigK8LwyE
One of the best renditions of the same song I have ever heard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qMbhSpMTQU

Damn... that last vid was fuck'n awesome... and that Etta James version sucked IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Beyonce has the benefit of American Celebrity Idol worship. Beyonce can take a dump on a microphone and people would make it a #1 hit just because she did it.

Hard to compare today's artists and their success to artists of the past. If Beyonce was ugly she wouldn't have 1 single hit out there. Not even close.
I agree... I'm not a big fan of Etta James... I didn't think her version of At Last was all that great to begin with... great song... she did it... ok.

Beyonce... well I'm not a fan of her either... she's like Britney Spears... not all that talented of a singer... but sells records because of her looks and pop appeal.

Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #15
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Fuck both Etta and Beyonce. A white man using a puppet sings that song better than either of them.

Etta needs to stfu. She doesn't have any room to talk, IMO.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #16
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I love Beyonce. The way she sings and the way that she moves her body.

My daughter loves Single Ladies and Diva. She dances to it.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

You know sometimes people can say some stupid shit. Is it really anyone's contention that "popular appeal" wasn't a factor in the past. Are you saying that Elvis was an incredible song writer and entertainer and that his "gyrations" had nothing to do with his popularity? That at least some of the Beatles' popularity wasn't do to "marketing". Shirley Temple had dozens of albums and movies...oh yea,no other little girl could have managed those "inspired" performances! Fuck,I bet even Mozart had to thank looks and stage presence for at least some of his success. It always kills me when people act as if hype never had a place in the world until now.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #18
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You know sometimes people can say some stupid shit. Is it really anyone's contention that "popular appeal" wasn't a factor in the past. Are you saying that Elvis was an incredible song writer and entertainer and that his "gyrations" had nothing to do with his popularity? That at least some of the Beatles' popularity wasn't do to "marketing". Shirley Temple had dozens of albums and movies...oh yea,no other little girl could have managed those "inspired" performances! Fuck,I bet even Mozart had to thank looks and stage presence for at least some of his success. It always kills me when people act as if hype never had a place in the world until now.
I understand but it is different now than it was then. If Janis Joplin started singing now, do you thinks she'd have a hit? Hell no, she'd be lucky to make it into a hole in the wall and probably told she can't perform until everyone is hammered drunk. Many of our rock stars of yesterday probably wouldn't have made it big if people saw them more than they heard their music. Rolling Stones, Dylan, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Zeppelin, etc where some ugly ass motherfuckers. But because their music had more play than their image they were able to make it big.

What are Beyounce's biggest hits? I have no clue but every single one of them became big AFTER she made a music video. And with internet and TV channels decicated to nothing but celebrity gossip. Looking good is the only way to make it today.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #19
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I love Beyonce. The way she sings and the way that she moves her body.

My daughter loves Single Ladies and Diva. She dances to it.

James
I personally hate a lot of beyonces songs, but do love the way she moves since shes hot.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #20
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I understand but it is different now than it was then. If Janis Joplin started singing now, do you thinks she'd have a hit? Hell no, she'd be lucky to make it into a hole in the wall and probably told she can't perform until everyone is hammered drunk. Many of our rock stars of yesterday probably wouldn't have made it big if people saw them more than they heard their music. Rolling Stones, Dylan, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Zeppelin, etc where some ugly ass motherfuckers. But because their music had more play than their image they were able to make it big.

What are Beyounce's biggest hits? I have no clue but every single one of them became big AFTER she made a music video. And with internet and TV channels decicated to nothing but celebrity gossip. Looking good is the only way to make it today.
You think her songs are only big because of her videos? I would have to disagree. For one a lot of tv video shows got canceled last year.

And do you have facts to back up your statement that each song only went up the charts after the video was launched? If so do you have stats for someone who jumps to the top of the charts before hand?

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote