Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #11
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I know where you're coming from but the fact that she can't do something like this without getting killd just tells me that the human animal is just a sick group of fucks.
Not to mention that if you really thought about how safe you were ANYWHERE, you'd never leave the house, and that's no way to live.

JC
Old 02-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #12
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
going off by herself on every little podunkus island they stop at and going well out of the accepted tourist locations and you dont think she carries some responsibility?
She has every right to go in all public places. Yes she could have had someone with her but that doesn't mean its her fault.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #13
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
PR is a little more civilized then some small deserted island, at least one would hope. Not sure about the area she was jogging in but I cant see her being responsible for any of this. that can just as easily happen in the US and whats worse is that skell can easily have just come to the mainland.

Tom
it said she did it on all the islands they stopped at, i wasnt specifically referring to pr as podunkus there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
No. I think the responsibility lies with the sick fucker that killed her.

In my experience, the farther you get from "accepted tourist locations" the better off you are.

Jamaica was a good example. Everybody and their brother was trying to hussle and/or kidnap me in Negril, but when I took a scooter to the backcountry, nobody fucked with me.

JC
he has the majority of it yes, but i maintain that she carries some as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
seriously??

I know where you're coming from but the fact that she can't do something like this without getting killd just tells me that the human animal is just a sick group of fucks.
good morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Being a bit of a devils advocate here, I know where Dave is coming from. Not saying she is responsible for her death, but witnesses did point out her penchant for veering away from the "known" path and going into less than savvy areas.

Being a woman, I know that if I am dumb enough to visit say "the ghetto", and something happens to me, well, um Im responsible for putting myself there, and even if someone does harm me, they are responsible for what they did to me, but I was in the wrong for putting myself there.
much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Not to mention that if you really thought about how safe you were ANYWHERE, you'd never leave the house, and that's no way to live.

JC
or you'd go find a peice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
She has every right to go in all public places. Yes she could have had someone with her but that doesn't mean its her fault.

James
and you have every right to walk through a tiger cage but try not to get mad at him when he eats you
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #14
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
it said she did it on all the islands they stopped at, i wasnt specifically referring to pr as podunkus there.

he has the majority of it yes, but i maintain that she carries some as well

good morning!

much appreciated

or you'd go find a peice

and you have every right to walk through a tiger cage but try not to get mad at him when he eats you

A tiger cage and a town/village or when ever are very different. If I step in a tiger cage I know I can end up lunch. If I travel I expect to end up with pictures to post online, not have my ass tossed into a trunk and killed.

I do know people are fucked up and I try to watch out for things no matter where I am.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 02-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #15
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
A tiger cage and a town/village or when ever are very different. If I step in a tiger cage I know I can end up lunch. If I travel I expect to end up with pictures to post online, not have my ass tossed into a trunk and killed.

I do know people are fucked up and I try to watch out for things no matter where I am.

James
i spent three years in iraq so maybe my perceptions are a bit skewed there.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #16
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:

James
Maybe people should start expecting to be kidnapped? At least then people will start being more conscious of these things.

Both the tiger cage and the village are a matter of your attitude.

To go into a tigers cage and know you could end up being lunch is you being honest with yourself but you could end up with cool pictures to show everyone.

Jogging through a bad part of town as a nice looking female in a place you are not familiar with is just like running through a cage but it is human instinct to think that all will be just fine.

I am sure she expected a find and dandy trip but if she had looked at her adventures as a risky experience she may have altered choices and still be alive.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #17
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Being a bit of a devils advocate here, I know where Dave is coming from. Not saying she is responsible for her death, but witnesses did point out her penchant for veering away from the "known" path and going into less than savvy areas.

Being a woman, I know that if I am dumb enough to visit say "the ghetto", and something happens to me, well, um Im responsible for putting myself there, and even if someone does harm me, they are responsible for what they did to me, but I was in the wrong for putting myself there.
From the Wiki entry for Fajardo (where the woman was killed):

Tourism

Fajardo is popular among tourists, especially local tourists, because of its seafood, hotels, closeness to the small islands of Palomino, Icaco and Palominito, and the many daily trips that were are available to Vieques and Culebra, both by boat and by the four airlines that served Fajardo Airport recently closed: Air Culebra, Air St. Thomas, Isla Nena Air and Vieques Air Link.

Fajardo's perfect beaches are bounded by calm, clear water ideal for snorkeling, Seven Seas Beach, offers plentiful water sports facilities, offshore points for sailing, snorkeling and plenty of scuba diving.

Not exactly the "ghetto"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fajardo_street.jpg

JC
Old 02-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #18
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

This wouldn't be the first time a nice tourist spot didn't want to make it's crime problems public.

Still not suggesting she is to blame, but in this day in age you just can be careful enough.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #19
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Maybe people should start expecting to be kidnapped? At least then people will start being more conscious of these things.

Both the tiger cage and the village are a matter of your attitude.

To go into a tigers cage and know you could end up being lunch is you being honest with yourself but you could end up with cool pictures to show everyone.

Jogging through a bad part of town as a nice looking female in a place you are not familiar with is just like running through a cage but it is human instinct to think that all will be just fine.

I am sure she expected a find and dandy trip but if she had looked at her adventures as a risky experience she may have altered choices and still be alive.
Your wrong in thinking everything is fine. I don't like to leave my house with my sneakers untied because it could cause a problem if I had to fight to protect myself.

You have to know things can happen and there are many people out there that are fucked in the head. But at the same time you need to live your life.

A lot o people think that riding a motorcycle is like walking in that tiger cage. If your hit by a car while on the bike and are hurt or killed, does it make it your fault because you right a motorcycle?

James
Old 02-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #20
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
i spent three years in iraq so maybe my perceptions are a bit skewed there.
That could do it.

James