Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #11
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
Back in the day we had what you called WestPac widows. The day a ship got underway-you'd find the whore of a wife in the club.

Once you reach a certain rank you need to be held accountable for your actions-He stepped over the line and got bitch slapped. I have no problem with it.
If it was across the board and up and down the chain, I would have no problem with it either. But while it was a poor moral decision, you can't tell me he should have reasonably expected to go to jail for it. Not when genuine adultry is as rampant as everyone seems to know it is in the military.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #12
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
How the fuck is it adultery? The husband was dead, meaning there was no more marriage. Did the guy use poor judgment? Of course, but he didn't do anything against the law. So every person in the world that has sex with a widow/widower is an adulterer? Bullshit!!
I agree 100 %

Sure he may have been wrong for doing it BUT we weren't there so if he didn't forcidly rape the woman who says what she did or said to give him the impression she was able and willing ?

To me...if the husband was alive and away on active duty and his recruiter did this... then it would be worse and he should be punished and maybe even kicked out of the Marines.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #13
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I think they were using him as an example because he wasn't just another guy in the barracks - he was the person that recruited her husband. And, probably someone she would go to for questions, details, concerns, etc. Authority figure, if you will...

Yes, he should have known better...
This is true and is probably what the military based their decisions on.

I just think it's BS that he served time in jail if he didn't rape the woman.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #14
Hondahugger
Better Off

The charge of Adultery is because Kuehler was married. However, the widow's plea of "oh I was drunk, bla, bla, bla" is bullshit! Claiming she did it because she was drunk from tequila and anti-depressants? WTF-ever, you don't mix the two and if you do, don't be surprised when you wake up the next morning to find your clothes missing, your car in the neighbors pool and every house on your block toilet papered except your own.

Maybe this will shed a little more light on the case.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stori.../?zIndex=36693

SAN DIEGO — A married gunnery sergeant pleaded guilty Tuesday to adultery after having sex with the widow of a fellow Marine who had died in Afghanistan three weeks before.

A panel of two officers and six enlisted Marines sentenced Stephen Kuehler, 30, a recruiter in suburban St. Louis, to 90 days in prison during a court-martial at Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego. The trial was held at the base because it is the regional headquarters for St. Louis-based recruiters.

Kuehler had recruited Pfc. Michael Patton when the teenager was still in high school. Patton joined the Marine Corps shortly after graduating in spring 2007 and married his high school sweetheart, Amy, after finishing boot camp in San Diego that summer.

Patton deployed with his unit to Afghanistan last April. He and three other Marines were killed June 14 when a roadside bomb blew up their Humvee.

On Tuesday, Amy Patton testified that even though she had met Kuehler only once, she promptly called him because her husband had respected the recruiter so much.

Kuehler attended Michael Patton's funeral. In the next few weeks, Amy Patton said, Kuehler took her to work out in the gym of the church they both attended and to the movies along with other Marines.

“He was very helpful,” she testified. “I considered him kind of a big-brother type.”

On July 4th, Amy Patton's mother invited Kuehler to join her family for a barbecue because his wife and children were out of town. Afterward, Kuehler took Amy to see a fireworks display in nearby Festus.

She said she didn't want to go home, so Kuehler invited her over to his house. She drank half a beer, a few sips of wine and some tequila while they watched television.

The alcohol made her drunk, she said, because of a prescription antidepressant she was taking. Kuehler invited her into the bedroom, where he had lighted two candles, and they had sex. Then he took her home.

In August, Amy Patton said, she told her mother about the encounter and reported it to the Marine Corps. About the same time, Kuehler confessed his indiscretion to his wife and chain of command. He has continued to work for the recruiting district, though not directly with potential recruits, said his supervisor, Sgt. Maj. Anthony Banks.

Kuehler's lawyer, David Ahn, said his client was grieving over Patton's death. “He tried to comfort the wife and the family. They got a little bit too close,” Ahn said. “He made a mistake.”

But the prosecutor, Capt. Tyler Hart, said Kuehler's conduct was more than an accidental error.

“He betrayed Amy Patton, her trust, the trust of her family,” Hart said. “Most of all, he betrayed the trust of a fellow Marine.”

Last edited by Hondahugger; 01-21-2009 at 10:40 AM..
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #15
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

what a scum

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #16
Rider
Moto GP Star

OK HE was married, that makes more sense then.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #17
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondahugger View Post
The charge of Adultery is because Kuehler was married. However, the widow's plea of "oh I was drunk, bla, bla, bla" is bullshit! Claiming she did it because she was drunk from tequila and anti-depressants? WTF-ever, you don't mix the two and if you do, don't be surprised when you wake up the next morning to find your clothes missing, your car in the neighbors pool and every house on your block toilet papered except your own.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stori.../?zIndex=36693

SAN DIEGO — A married gunnery sergeant pleaded guilty Tuesday to adultery after having sex with the widow of a fellow Marine who had died in Afghanistan three weeks before.

A panel of two officers and six enlisted Marines sentenced Stephen Kuehler, 30, a recruiter in suburban St. Louis, to 90 days in prison during a court-martial at Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego. The trial was held at the base because it is the regional headquarters for St. Louis-based recruiters.

Kuehler had recruited Pfc. Michael Patton when the teenager was still in high school. Patton joined the Marine Corps shortly after graduating in spring 2007 and married his high school sweetheart, Amy, after finishing boot camp in San Diego that summer.

Patton deployed with his unit to Afghanistan last April. He and three other Marines were killed June 14 when a roadside bomb blew up their Humvee.

On Tuesday, Amy Patton testified that even though she had met Kuehler only once, she promptly called him because her husband had respected the recruiter so much.

Kuehler attended Michael Patton's funeral. In the next few weeks, Amy Patton said, Kuehler took her to work out in the gym of the church they both attended and to the movies along with other Marines.

“He was very helpful,” she testified. “I considered him kind of a big-brother type.”

On July 4th, Amy Patton's mother invited Kuehler to join her family for a barbecue because his wife and children were out of town. Afterward, Kuehler took Amy to see a fireworks display in nearby Festus.

She said she didn't want to go home, so Kuehler invited her over to his house. She drank half a beer, a few sips of wine and some tequila while they watched television.

The alcohol made her drunk, she said, because of a prescription antidepressant she was taking. Kuehler invited her into the bedroom, where he had lighted two candles, and they had sex. Then he took her home.

In August, Amy Patton said, she told her mother about the encounter and reported it to the Marine Corps. About the same time, Kuehler confessed his indiscretion to his wife and chain of command. He has continued to work for the recruiting district, though not directly with potential recruits, said his supervisor, Sgt. Maj. Anthony Banks.

Kuehler's lawyer, David Ahn, said his client was grieving over Patton's death. “He tried to comfort the wife and the family. They got a little bit too close,” Ahn said. “He made a mistake.”

But the prosecutor, Capt. Tyler Hart, said Kuehler's conduct was more than an accidental error.

“He betrayed Amy Patton, her trust, the trust of her family,” Hart said. “Most of all, he betrayed the trust of a fellow Marine.”

Thanks for posting. This sheds more light on the subject.

Humm...Well now I actually do feel different about it and retract my above statements. I didn't realilze or think about him being married. Although based on "civilian life" I think it's BS that he got jail time...it's different in the military and as a recruiter he knew the rules and decided to break them so even though harsh...that's what he gets.

I still have issues with her...she shouldn't have gone to his house with his wife away and consumed alcohol...again...he didn't rape her.

He's a Marine and a recruiter and he should have used better judgement.

Man what a f*cked up situation.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #18
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

It still doesn't make any sense to me, outdated morality laws FTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #19
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondahugger View Post
You're absolutely right, that changes the story completely. First and foremost, it makes him technically guilty of adultery, a crime still punishable under the UCMJ.

It also makes me wish his sentence was longer.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:56 AM   #20
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Hondahugger's version add's a LOT more to it. The fact that he was married makes it quite a bit different. However, the line that he "betrayed a fellow Marine" is complete bullshit. Having sex with a widow does not betray the husband. The marriage ended at his death. Why else do wedding vows say, "till death do us part"?

The fact that she was drunk is of no consequence. If it was, then there would be a LOT of rape cases.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote