Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-14-2009, 09:00 PM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
www.gunbroker.com to look for deals on used and new guns. Also travel to gun shops and see if they have any deals. That handgun right there is garbage. Post up again if you have any questions. Remember if you going to take this step in self defense for yourself you want to make damn sure its going to fire every single time.

Yeah,I haven't shot anyone in my house since I was 16....or otherwise for over 15 years... Hey I found this deal on that site....it's only $1800... seriously,thanks for the info,for the price,I don't think I can go wrong. Heck,the dealer even does repairs and handles any warranty issues himself so I don't even have to deal with Hi point myself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pix2768655125.jpg (14.5 KB, 79 views)
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #12
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

id place that pistol all the way up there with lorcin. look around for a used fn fortynine. i got mine for $225 carried but never fired
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
Exactly. Since you know it "might" have a dependability issue at some point, it's still better than a rock in a bad situation. If it jams...you've already got a rock in your hand and don't have to look for one

Shit just the sight of that big ugly thing would probably scare off most home invaders...I know a lot of people will put these guns down but everything I've read from people that have used them seems positive. I mean Corey posted an article where the tester popped off 200 rounds without an issue,I'll probably never fire that many rounds.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #14
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yeah,I haven't shot anyone in my house since I was 16....or otherwise for over 15 years... Hey I found this deal on that site....it's only $1800... seriously,thanks for the info,for the price,I don't think I can go wrong. Heck,the dealer even does repairs and handles any warranty issues himself so I don't even have to deal with Hi point myself.
Haha
Old 01-14-2009, 09:12 PM   #15
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

The Hi Point is a blowback design. What that means instead of a spring to absorb the recoil of the fired cartridge, it uses a heavy slide. It's going to behave differently when fired.

Pros- inexpensive to manufacture

Cons- very top heavy ( you may have a hard time quickly getting on target)

Another option in that price range would be a good used revolver.

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #16
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

or a makarov, cant go wrong with a mak
TWF Post whore #6
Old 01-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
or a makarov, cant go wrong with a mak

Okay where can I get a Makarov in Greenville,NC? A gun is one thing that I don't want to buy online...I might wait for the gun show in a few weeks...I really don't want to spend over $200,so....
Old 01-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #18
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Okay where can I get a Makarov in Greenville,NC? A gun is one thing that I don't want to buy online...I might wait for the gun show in a few weeks...I really don't want to spend over $200,so....
Another one for ya.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #19
Dova80
Canyon Carver

Moto: MV Agusta

Quote:
I would check with the pawn shops that have military shit and carry guns. The mak when first started being imported was cheap, seemed like a POS but was actually a very solid fire arm.

Also know the mack does not shoot 9mm it shoots 9x18 makarov which is different than 9mm luger (just an fyi if you didnt know, this is not meant to be insulting just informative)

Oh and I am not a fan of high point... they make "fun" guns but not something I would place in as home defense I would rather have the mak for that.

We can make assumptions all day, and you know what they say about assuming. It means you're a fucking moron.
Dova80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:21 PM   #20
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
gunbroker isint bad at all, but yeah you can sometimes find them in pawn shops and the like
TWF Post whore #6