Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #11
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Got any good recommendations for covers? I need one for the screen before it gets too scratched up.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #12
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Got any good recommendations for covers? I need one for the screen before it gets too scratched up.
Are you just looking for the plastic film type thing to stick on the screen?

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #13
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Are you just looking for the plastic film type thing to stick on the screen?
Or maybe a real case. I have some stretchy crap that Verizon was selling but it doesn't really protect the damn thing and if anything it makes the phone hard as hell to get out of my pocket.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
One more thing: where do you keep your phone during the day? Do you have a case or a holster or something like that? I had a problem about two weeks into owning the phone where my battery would die during a 12 hour shift at work. I wasn't using the phone at all, just checking the time every now and then, and I noticed the battery would be drained by about the 8 hour mark. At the time I just threw the phone in my pocket, no case or cover or anything. from sitting down, the pants would push the screen into my leg and keep clicking the screen through the night. So I bought a generic case that was marketed for iPhones and Blackberrys. The phone fit in nice and snug, but the problem got worse because it would hold the screen button down for extended periods of time. So the battery would be completely fucking dead in about 6 or 7 hours. I ended up buying a Storm specific holster that protects the screen and puts the phone into holster mode. Battery's back up to decent levels. Nowhere near the complete powerhouse of the Curve battery, but acceptable.
My power management is fine when its locked, I can leave it locked and it last for days easy. It's when I am using that just kills the thing. Just a few hours and its gone.

Slacker works for the BB already, it's not storm specific, but it works.

Quote:
Or maybe a real case. I have some stretchy crap that Verizon was selling but it doesn't really protect the damn thing and if anything it makes the phone hard as hell to get out of my pocket.
I got the stretchy thing and like it, I also use their screen protectors. I would like to get a unique skin though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #15
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
For every blackberry I have had - I get the leather sleeve that it fits into FROM Blackberry. That way, it makes it go to sleep, and protects it when not in use.

The plastic screen covers are alright - but the phone condoms suck ass.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #16
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I use something very similar to this for my Storm. The screen faces in, so it's protected from random scratches and dings. When it's clipped in, the phone is automatically switched to holster mode, which is also nice. I'm not using a skin currently, but it's more because I can't find any decent skins that fit the phone right and look decent at the same time. The clip holster has been perfect for keeping the scratches off the screen and keeping the phone protected though.

Edited to add: if you're looking for a new screen protector film, look for the ones used to protect the PSP screen. They're generally larger, so you'll have to cut them down, but you can find them on buy.com and other places for 2 bucks, rather than the 9 or 10 bucks they want for the same film cut down for the Storm screen.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 01-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #17
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I post all the time with the iPhone and twf works well on it.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #18
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Quote:
I use something very similar to this for my Storm. The screen faces in, so it's protected from random scratches and dings. When it's clipped in, the phone is automatically switched to holster mode, which is also nice. I'm not using a skin currently, but it's more because I can't find any decent skins that fit the phone right and look decent at the same time. The clip holster has been perfect for keeping the scratches off the screen and keeping the phone protected though.

Edited to add: if you're looking for a new screen protector film, look for the ones used to protect the PSP screen. They're generally larger, so you'll have to cut them down, but you can find them on buy.com and other places for 2 bucks, rather than the 9 or 10 bucks they want for the same film cut down for the Storm screen.

Thanks, I thought the phone had a protective film on it but I was obviously wrong. Any tips for trying to buff out any of the minor scratches I have on there now?

Old 01-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Thanks, I thought the phone had a protective film on it but I was obviously wrong. Any tips for trying to buff out any of the minor scratches I have on there now?
it came with one piece of film on it, did you or your verizon person take it off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #20
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Can't help there. Yours didn't come with a film on it? Mine did, and it's been a godsend. I'm god awful about scratching the shit outta phone screens. My Curve and Pearl look like I dragged them through gravel.