Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-19-2008, 11:19 AM   #11
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

it's just a machismo thing, the bigger=more deadly bullshit. where i come from, dead is dead and if i do it with a cheap 9mm it's the same as if i do it with an expensive .50
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:33 PM   #12
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

let me call him and see what i can do for you. they've been having a huge rush lately so i'll be lucky to have a beer with him tonight
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #13
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
what the hell is wrong with the 92? i've fired the living shit out of mine and have never had a problem and it's easier to field strip than my amd-65
The ones in our armory are peices of shit. Yes, I understand that this is different than a civilian owned weapon but it still gives me a bad impression. Also, what is the point of a decock lever I have to mod with a paperclip to get it to do what I want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
I don't understand the bigger is better mentality behind self-defense firearms. On the battlefield, sure. The average home intruder or mugger, however, isn't likely to be wearing body armor. If I put even a .22lr round in your eye, you're going to stop, and if by some miracle you don't, I can always put 7 or 8 more in your face to ensure you finally do.

9mm rounds are for pussies? Have you ever been shot with one?
The mentality makes sense when you consider that a 9mm doesn't have enough expansion or enough impact trauma to do what I want, which is give me an instant stop. It's not the size of the round at all, I shoot .357, .38, and even 40 short and weak nowadays. Plus, the 9mm has overpenetration issues that give me concern I just don't have with a .45. I need a round that will hit someone, knock them down, and put a huge and traumatic wound in them so they are out of the fight RIGHT NOW, not a round that will poke a small hole and keep going.

And as for getting shot, I'll take the 9mm over any of the other rounds given a choice. Tell you what, you can shoot me in the arm with a 9mm and I'll shoot your arm with my .45, and we'll see. I'll need medical attention for bleeding and tissue damage. You'll never use your arm again.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #14
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Tell you what, you can shoot me in the arm with a 9mm and I'll shoot your arm with my .45, and we'll see. I'll need medical attention for bleeding and tissue damage. You'll never use your arm again.
fine, which arm do you traditionally shoot with?

the civillian models i own and the ones my friends and acquaintances own have never jammed, the decocking lever has always done what it is told and the only problem reported is that the slide will sometimes not lock back tight enough

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #15
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

yeah but the price is bumped up 100 bucks... i talked to him yesterday

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #16
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

nope, he's kind of being a dick nowadays, he's not even holding extra ak mags for me

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-30-2008, 06:49 AM   #17
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
it's just a machismo thing, the bigger=more deadly bullshit. where i come from, dead is dead and if i do it with a cheap 9mm it's the same as if i do it with an expensive .50
My day to day CC is a XD SC in 9 but there are several incidents in Law Enforcement and military the prove that if you are going to make a hole make it as large as you can. Got to love a wedged hollow point!
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #18
Amorok
Issukangitok

Look, if you don't want to go as big as a .45 I understand, my wife doesn't like a round that big either. But you could always compromise with a .40 short and weak like all the Federal pussies. Seriously, the .40 is a better round ballistically than a 9mm and if you can't shoot that you shouldn't bother.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #19
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

i agree the .40 is a formidible round, i dont think anyone can argue that. but that 9mm bas become one of the most popular rounds in the world for a reason..

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-31-2008, 01:05 PM   #20
Amorok
Issukangitok

That reason is twofold - It's cheap and while it's small enough that weak shooters and ones without talent can still fire it accurately, it's bigger than a .22. Not good reasons to go with a defensive round. As with engines or steak, smaller is not better, especially when the ballistics are so poor. I'd rather see a .38 or derivitave thereof come back (38 super!) than the proliferation of 9mm platforms. I don't care if it's so cheap, so is the .38 and it's better too. I suppose a 9mm is better than having nothing, but if you're going to that why not go to a 22 magnum? You get good ballistics out of it and you can stuff 50 of them under a Beretta? Unless you don't want to go to small, which IMO a 9mm already is.