Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-30-2008, 11:39 AM   #11
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Moto: 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 07 GSXR 750, 07 Harley Davidson Night Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARputer View Post
I've been stopped 2 times for having the tag vertical ....see pic. No ticket yet but I have no plans to move it.
Improper display?
Old 11-02-2008, 10:56 AM   #12
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

The cops are writing these tickets in hopes that you just send the check in. Then they get their money and no one is the wiser.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
The cops are writing these tickets in hopes that you just send the check in. Then they get their money and no one is the wiser.

I wish that was it but in NC you have to appear in court for this type of ticket.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:44 PM   #14
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I wish that was it but in NC you have to appear in court for this type of ticket.
Well if thats the case, and they are indeed throwing them out, then it's puzzling as to why the asshole cops continue to write tickets. They are, at the very least, wasting paper and your and their time.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:42 PM   #15
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

Their just mad they can't steal anymore donuts. lol
Old 11-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
Their just mad they can't steal anymore donuts. lol
Good one!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #17
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Well if thats the case, and they are indeed throwing them out, then it's puzzling as to why the asshole cops continue to write tickets. They are, at the very least, wasting paper and your and their time.
Because as it stands, the law is still on the books and still allows them to pull someone over, even if the ticket will get thrown out. Once they have you pulled over, they can check you out, make sure the bike isn't stolen, make sure you have your paperwork, make sure you aren't wanted, etc. I'm sure there are some cops who are just hoping you will run from them. Fact is, you can be going the speed limit and doing everything right, but this law currently gives them the right to pull you over and then check for other things afterward. Sure, writing the ticket is stupid because you have to go to court for it just so it can get thrown out, but that's not really the point of the stop.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #18
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Moto: 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 07 GSXR 750, 07 Harley Davidson Night Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Its been a few years but I didnt. Just some photos and a trip to the Magistrates office was all I needed. Charges dropped.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:24 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps84 View Post
Its been a few years but I didnt. Just some photos and a trip to the Magistrates office was all I needed. Charges dropped.
Sorry,I wasn't specific but there isn't a fine per se',you have to go to court either on your date or you can go in before your date like I did. Either way you had to go in somewhere and you couldn't just mail in a check like someone else thought you could...
Old 11-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #20
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Because as it stands, the law is still on the books and still allows them to pull someone over, even if the ticket will get thrown out. Once they have you pulled over, they can check you out, make sure the bike isn't stolen, make sure you have your paperwork, make sure you aren't wanted, etc. I'm sure there are some cops who are just hoping you will run from them. Fact is, you can be going the speed limit and doing everything right, but this law currently gives them the right to pull you over and then check for other things afterward. Sure, writing the ticket is stupid because you have to go to court for it just so it can get thrown out, but that's not really the point of the stop.
Good point. But plenty of assholes have given them a reason to be suspicious.

Quote: