Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-07-2008, 10:34 PM   #11
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post
?What? I thought the news said that the band before him ran super long then they had to switch stages or something and thats what took a small delay but the fans freaked! Man I cant believe how the local news can twist shit around so much.

It sounded like a fuck of a good time and only a little up the road to me. Was it? Other than delays and what not what was the water/bathroom situation like out there?

Plenty of things to smoke I imagine out that way...
Nah he was supposed to go on at 9:30 on Saturday night but he decided last minute he didn't want any other acts to be playing and Jack Johnson's set overlapped his by like a half-hour. Then apparently he decided he wanted to wait until it was completely dark for his light show to look cool so he delayed again...then again...then again...he ended up going on at 4:45 am, said nothing to the crowd, no apology or hype just went right into his set and then ended almost 40 minutes earlier than his set was supposed to go. People went APESHIT...well for bonnaroo anyway, they threw glowsticks and water bottles at him as he was leaving and broke some of his lighting equipment. The catchphrase for the rest of the concert was "fuck kanye".

It was the greatest time I've ever had in my entire life, 80,000 music loving, friendly people, naked body painted women, drugs EVERYWHERE - they're sold from tent to tent so you just hang out and they come to you, 150 bands, plenty of bathrooms and vendors. It was epic.
I saw- Willie Nelson, The Raconteurs, Metallica, Pearl Jam, MIA, Battles, BB King,Lez Zeppelin, Jack Johnson, Ben Folds, Sigur Rose, Broken Social Scene, Allison Krauss with Robert Plant, MGMT, Teagan and Sara, My Morning Jacket and several dozen more Im forgetting or didn't get the name of.

Everyone should do Bonnaroo before they die. Just bring all the food and water you'll need, a tent, a pop up picnic tent to go over your tent, handi-wipes, deoderant and a grill.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #12
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
Nah he was supposed to go on at 9:30 on Saturday night but he decided last minute he didn't want any other acts to be playing and Jack Johnson's set overlapped his by like a half-hour. Then apparently he decided he wanted to wait until it was completely dark for his light show to look cool so he delayed again...then again...then again...he ended up going on at 4:45 am, said nothing to the crowd, no apology or hype just went right into his set and then ended almost 40 minutes earlier than his set was supposed to go. People went APESHIT...well for bonnaroo anyway, they threw glowsticks and water bottles at him as he was leaving and broke some of his lighting equipment. The catchphrase for the rest of the concert was "fuck kanye".

It was the greatest time I've ever had in my entire life, 80,000 music loving, friendly people, naked body painted women, drugs EVERYWHERE - they're sold from tent to tent so you just hang out and they come to you, 150 bands, plenty of bathrooms and vendors. It was epic.
I saw- Willie Nelson, The Raconteurs, Metallica, Pearl Jam, MIA, Battles, BB King,Lez Zeppelin, Jack Johnson, Ben Folds, Sigur Rose, Broken Social Scene, Allison Krauss with Robert Plant, MGMT, Teagan and Sara, My Morning Jacket and several dozen more Im forgetting or didn't get the name of.

Everyone should do Bonnaroo before they die. Just bring all the food and water you'll need, a tent, a pop up picnic tent to go over your tent, handi-wipes, deoderant and a grill.
when is this? sounds like a fucking awesome concert...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #13
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

hes always been a little crybaby bitch
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:45 PM   #14
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
when is this? sounds like a fucking awesome concert...
Late July in Manchester Tenn. I'll be going next year and every year I'm physically able. They release the band list a couple months before the show and tickets go on sale only about a month before the festival. I'll post a thread when they go on sale, NTS might be going with me next year, the more the merrier. Thursday through Sunday on a 700 acre farm, 8 music stages/tents, tons of smaller venues, a comedy tent, a film tent, an inflatable trance tent, cops worried about nothing but violence (I witnessed countless drug transactions taking place directly in front of police), gorgeous, horny hippie chicks.
You need to go bro.

Last edited by PiZdETS; 10-07-2008 at 11:48 PM..
PiZdETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:06 AM   #15
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I'd LOVE to go... but can't guarentee it... with me being new at the job, with already planning on going to the Rally in June, the Track day in April or May, Indy in Aug... just don't know if I can get someone to cover me like that as when I leave it doubles other peoples work. cause my new job will be daily work... no carry over to the next day.

but if I can be there... I will... good excuse to ride... like I need an excuse
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #16
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

i live oh, 20 miles from there.... might make it, might not...

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:08 PM   #17
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

I was thinking it sounded like my kinda place when I heard about it but my co-workers all told stories of doom and gloom so I passed. After your recap I must go!

Given I am the youngest person here my oh about 20 years It doesnt surprize me the old farts would hate on such a good time.

I take it you must stay and camp out or its just not the same/you will miss tons of shit. Traffic must be a beast also but who cares if your only going in and out once.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:44 PM   #18
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Moto: 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 07 GSXR 750, 07 Harley Davidson Night Train

I love festival concerts. They are always a blast. No matter who is playing.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #19
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Here's a video of Les Claypool at bonnaroo, I'm somewhere off to the right but too far back to see. You can see it's an environment of musical experimentation and oddness. Electric cello solo at 3:25 ftw!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBVxFjrtujg

Last edited by PiZdETS; 10-13-2008 at 02:08 PM..
PiZdETS is offline   Reply With Quote