Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-27-2008, 08:47 PM   #11
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
I've heard the Road 2s are a different animal from the Road 1s. Vastly improved in every way.

I'm still loving my Rossos. Had them out in the wet and rain today. Only one minor slip leaving an intersection. Uphill, leaning over to the left, and trying not to get hit. Had a pickup in front of me pull out slow, and a car coming the other direction too fast, and an impatient pickup behind me. Slipped on some road paint halfway through the intersection. The rear slipped and then reconnected and all I got was a bit of pucker and the bike's rear end wiggled.
I've heard they don't last as long... they're dual compound but not as hard in the center

I was all set to give the Road 2's a try next... but after the way my Strada's held up... I think for road trips... that's my tire... VERY little flat spotting... after what... 3k of superslab?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
No problem. I'll hit a few twisty roads around my area to wear the tire in but next week I might make a run in the mountains and push it. Not so sure because I have a family reunion next Saturday and my family from South Georgia comes up who do nothing but eat boiled peanuts, watch UGA football, and drink a keg a peice. So I'll probably be dead.

But I've heard nothing but good about them.
Alright sounds like some sweet dating opportunities are coming up in your future!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:11 PM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I'll tell you what,and I'd expect that no worries will agree,today's tires,regardless of brand,are the shit!!! In the past 10 years or so,I've tried pretty much every major brand's sport tire and for the most part,they all perform exceptionally well. Sure,if you nit pick,you can find a small flaw here or there with any tire but for the majority of riders ANY premium tire will outperform their ability to ride. Hell,try riding fast on the set of skins that came on my '88 V-Max and you'll beg to be given any modern tire!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #14
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'll tell you what,and I'd expect that no worries will agree,today's tires,regardless of brand,are the shit!!! In the past 10 years or so,I've tried pretty much every major brand's sport tire and for the most part,they all perform exceptionally well. Sure,if you nit pick,you can find a small flaw here or there with any tire but for the majority of riders ANY premium tire will outperform their ability to ride. Hell,try riding fast on the set of skins that came on my '88 V-Max and you'll beg to be given any modern tire!
well I've only had the 208's (dunslop) and my strada's... but the 208 inspire fear... I absolutly HATED them... they slipped and slid everywhere... and were just down right dangerous in the wet...

fuck them. PERIOD
Old 09-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #15
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
well I've only had the 208's (dunslop) and my strada's... but the 208 inspire fear... I absolutly HATED them... they slipped and slid everywhere... and were just down right dangerous in the wet...

fuck them. PERIOD
That's how I feel about the Pilot Roads. Motherfucking front tire tried to fall out from under me.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:02 PM   #16
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:

fuck them. PERIOD
I agree. Those are THE shittyest tires on the PLANET.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:06 AM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I agree. Those are THE shittyest tires on the PLANET.

Yea unless you've used the 204s...I'm just saying.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:49 AM   #18
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
yeah I can imagine if the 208's made the 204's obsolete... dear god... what were they made of... stone?
Old 09-28-2008, 04:59 AM   #19
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
yeah I can imagine if the 208's made the 204's obsolete... dear god... what were they made of... stone?
Ancient mosaic clay.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #20
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Never did thank god. I put 208 on my GSXR when I first got it. I'm glad I'm stil alive after that.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote