Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-20-2008, 05:26 PM   #11
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

You can't put a wheel on a racetrack without case covers.

The woodcrafts don't wear through. The stock ones do.

About the suspension, yeah, I'm sure it's great... but you're not faster than stock suspension... and that shit is mad $$.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #12
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
You can't put a wheel on a racetrack without case covers.

The woodcrafts don't wear through. The stock ones do.
I'm not racing, why do I care? I am about cost effective riding, it doesn't make sense for me to buy something that costs more to replace instead of using the money to something more important to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:18 PM   #13
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:56 AM   #14
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Whoever told you that doesn't have enough money for suspension. The right suspension is a thing of wonder. Plus I have done adjusted the best I could to the stock shit and it is still not right for me.
Quote:

About the suspension, yeah, I'm sure it's great... but you're not faster than stock suspension... and that shit is mad $$.
i notice suspension keeps coming up lately-are u guys talkin about having racetech redo the guts of your forks, and revalve/re spring the rear....or are u talking about going all out with ohlins forks and shocks, doin that? big price difference...

cuz it would seem having the susp setup perfectly for u would make the bike easier to ride, and therefore make u faster, and it seems for some ppl, that perfect setup is outside the realm of the factory supplied equipment.

also seems like it could be one of those upgrades that u cant appreciate until u have it.... kinda like an extended swingarm if you're drag racing

Old 08-24-2008, 10:45 PM   #15
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
i notice suspension keeps coming up lately-are u guys talkin about having racetech redo the guts of your forks, and revalve/re spring the rear....or are u talking about going all out with ohlins forks and shocks, doin that? big price difference...

cuz it would seem having the susp setup perfectly for u would make the bike easier to ride, and therefore make u faster, and it seems for some ppl, that perfect setup is outside the realm of the factory supplied equipment.

also seems like it could be one of those upgrades that u cant appreciate until u have it.... kinda like an extended swingarm if you're drag racing

In general the rear shock is replaced, not rebuilt. This can run anywhere from 800 to 1500 dollars.

The stock forks are usually pretty good and can get by with a rebuild. You get new springs and valving. Springs and valves aren't that expensive especially if you can do it yourself, it's like 400 bucks I think. Paying someone to rebuild them adds a couple hundred.

You can go with a full cartridge replacement on the forks as a step above.

The top top step is to get new gas charged forks if you're a baller. This ranges from around 2grand to rebuild your that way to up to 10 grand for the top ohlins full replacement shit.

No one on this board needs the top forks... Usually people drop about 2gs and up on suspension work. Ohlins rear shock and revalve/respring the forks. When I eventually do it that's what I'll do.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #16
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
In general the rear shock is replaced, not rebuilt. This can run anywhere from 800 to 1500 dollars.

The stock forks are usually pretty good and can get by with a rebuild. You get new springs and valving. Springs and valves aren't that expensive especially if you can do it yourself, it's like 400 bucks I think. Paying someone to rebuild them adds a couple hundred.

You can go with a full cartridge replacement on the forks as a step above.

The top top step is to get new gas charged forks if you're a baller. This ranges from around 2grand to rebuild your that way to up to 10 grand for the top ohlins full replacement shit.

No one on this board needs the top forks... Usually people drop about 2gs and up on suspension work. Ohlins rear shock and revalve/respring the forks. When I eventually do it that's what I'll do.
No one needs a lot of shit, but they do it anyway. Does anyone not racing pro really need an exhaust and a pc3? Fuck no, but people do that as the first mod anyway. Suspension is considered a much better use of money anyway. You can get a great penske and respring thicker oil your forks for the same price. Especially for some members of the board where you aren't a 155 lbs person. If you are over like 190, the stock suspension is not good for you on a 600 if you can even get it close to in range, you are lucky.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 10:58 PM   #17
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Quote:
No one needs a lot of shit, but they do it anyway. Does anyone not racing pro really need an exhaust and a pc3? Fuck no, but people do that as the first mod anyway. Suspension is considered a much better use of money anyway. You can get a great penske and respring thicker oil your forks for the same price. Especially for some members of the board where you aren't a 155 lbs person. If you are over like 190, the stock suspension is not good for you on a 600 if you can even get it close to in range, you are lucky.
I am not saying people shouldn't do suspension... I will do it eventually for sure.

I was just saying the 10k ohlins superbike forks are insane.

I want to pick up used stuff eventually and just freshen it up with oil and seals... should save lots of money.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:36 PM   #18
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

and for most bikes, A pcIII will help driveablilty. Did for mine at the on/off throttle snatch.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post
and for most bikes, A pcIII will help driveablilty. Did for mine at the on/off throttle snatch.
1000s are a different animal all together from 600s. PCIII doesn't really do much for a 600 unless you get a full and your map totally doesnt match and really bogs your bike down.
Quote:
Old 08-26-2008, 09:56 AM   #20
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Quote:
1000s are a different animal all together from 600s. PCIII doesn't really do much for a 600 unless you get a full and your map totally doesnt match and really bogs your bike down.

You are probably right, I couldn't see a 600 really having that abrupt grab coming back on the gas that mine had. Well still has but not nearly as bad.

I just would think a guy with any new fuel injected bike would stand to gain over the stock EPA friendly factory settings but I would have no clue as to a 600. I have only rode 3 in my life and not for very long. Never owned one... Bored the shit out of me. Now I would like to try one on the tight shit. It would be a lot easier to ride fast I think. But I Would still like to own a 250 2-stroke for just that.
But as you know the benifit of a 4 strokes maintenance scheduel is a lot more user friendly...