Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #11
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Everyone should spend one day on a wing before they decide they are just for old people
If you are ever in New Hampshire look me up I will let you take either mine or my wifes GL1800 out you will be amazed
Just because their nice to ride doesn't mean their not for old people. All the uncomfortable to ride bikes are for young people for good reason.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I have no doubts... it's a Honda, it's torque monster, and it's a Honda.

That'd be my guess... I wouldn't mind finding a basket case Goldwing and hacking it down to something similar, but this thing has a lot of custom work done to it... I would hope that the guy has a shop or easy access to one because that shit looks expensive.
When I was shopping for my rat bike, I saw a ton of goldwings on CL that would make good projects.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #13
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Just because their nice to ride doesn't mean their not for old people. All the uncomfortable to ride bikes are for young people for good reason.
I ride a couple of the uncomfortable ones as well. The GL1800 will outhandle most all of the heavy Cruisers and has a stock Drive train that has the flattest torque curve of any motorcycle you have ever ridden Want to Launch in 5th NP want to crush the guy on the HD beside you NP want to carve up the corners no problem. The appearance fools people they are not Cruisers as the picture shows it is a Sport Standard on Steriods. The Geee Jaws and do dads are nice ,, My wife and I have all of them.. but all of the gadgets are eclipsed by just how good a motorcycle it is. Not How good an LT it is but how good a motorcycle it is.
Try a day on one.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #14
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
I ride a couple of the uncomfortable ones as well. The GL1800 will outhandle most all of the heavy Cruisers and has a stock Drive train that has the flattest torque curve of any motorcycle you have ever ridden Want to Launch in 5th NP want to crush the guy on the HD beside you NP want to carve up the corners no problem. The appearance fools people they are not Cruisers as the picture shows it is a Sport Standard on Steriods. The Geee Jaws and do dads are nice ,, My wife and I have all of them.. but all of the gadgets are eclipsed by just how good a motorcycle it is. Not How good an LT it is but how good a motorcycle it is.
Try a day on one.
I've rode one before. As a younger rider I wouldn't be caught dead on that grandpa couch.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #15
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
I've rode one before. As a younger rider I wouldn't be caught dead on that grandpa couch.
How old are you?

I know most of us original TWFers are aging rapidly and not part of the younger rider crowd any longer. I definitely don't consider myself a younger rider at all. Younger riders are stupid and don't know what a good motorcycle is, they just want the best curb squirrel getting device that can be found.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #16
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
How old are you?

I know most of us original TWFers are aging rapidly and not part of the younger rider crowd any longer. I definitely don't consider myself a younger rider at all. Younger riders are stupid and don't know what a good motorcycle is, they just want the best curb squirrel getting device that can be found.
27, I not over the ledge yet. So when you replacing that sportbike banner at the top with on of these?

Old 01-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #17
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
27, I not over the ledge yet. So when you replacing that sportbike banner at the top with on of these?

Fuck trikes, I hate them. Including reverse trikes like the spyder. I like Goldwings, would rather one of them over a spyder. If I am ever not capable of riding a two wheeled motorcycle, I am buying a convertible instead of dumbass trike. I have a hard time even accepting people who are missing legs that want to ride a trike. I really absolutely loathe the women that ride trikes that are fully capable of riding a real motorcycle.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #18
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Fuck trikes, I hate them. Including reverse trikes like the spyder. I like Goldwings, would rather one of them over a spyder. If I am ever not capable of riding a two wheeled motorcycle, I am buying a convertible instead of dumbass trike. I have a hard time even accepting people who are missing legs that want to ride a trike. I really absolutely loathe the women that ride trikes that are fully capable of riding a real motorcycle.
I'm completely down if you change the theme of the site to a sport/adventure style. GS800 is going to be my next purchase.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #19
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:

We're about the same age...id try one for a laugh but if I was looking for something like that it'd be a connie
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #20
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

I will probably age to a sport touring beemer. Not doing the trike thing. I'll switch to a Jeep, first.