Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #11
Razor
Token

Moto: '07 Kawasaki Mean Streak Special Edition

Randolph Air Force Base in San Antonio, Undegraduate Navigator Training, sitting in a preflight briefing for a flight that was scheduled to head up to Pennsylvania area and back. A Major stuck his head in the room and told us all to stand by as there had just been an airline accident and a plane had hit one of the WTC buildings. Several minutes passed and then he came back and told us another plane had hit the other tower and it was believed to be a terrorist attack. We were released and I made it off base about 15 minutes before they locked the base down. My roommate wasnt as fortunate and ended up being stuck in the student lounge for the next 36 hours. Went home and watched all the horror on the tube and talked to family and friends, some of which I hadnt made the time to do for awhile, just seemed like the right time to do so...
Old 09-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #12
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

sitting in a classroom at UF. A girl walked in and asked if anyone had heard what had happened at the WTC. We all looked puzzled when she said a plane hit it. Another girl grabbed her cell and called her mom and she told us that another plane hit the second tower and that one just crashed into the pentagon. Remember it like it was yesterday...so sad

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #13
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

I was already thinking...what did the government go and do now. lol

At work watching it on TV...

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 09-11-2010 at 05:44 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #14
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

All of you saying you were in school and college are making me feel old.

I was at work, in the cafeteria finishing breakfast with some guys at JMFE. Someone came in and told us what happened and then we went to the TV that was playing the news and we watched the second plane as it crashed into the other tower. I was a bit freaked since I thought my brother might be working at a customer site in one of the towers. Couple of hours later I learned he was OK. I remember how odd it felt driving home that afternoon. Not a single car horn. Everyone driving slow. No music playing. Just allot of sad faces and heads hung low. Sometimes I would notice someone crying listening to the news on their radio. Those were long and difficult days following that Tues morning.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #15
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
All of you saying you were in school and college are making me feel old.
Tell me about it.

I was living in a crappy little house on a hill, in the woods outside Eugene, OR

The crappy little house was on 65 acres, and overlooked BLM land for miles and miles. I was watching some Elk in the pasture below, drinking my coffee, when I decided to flip on CNN. The first plane hit about ten minutes later.

I didn't understand until the second plane hit. Not that it makes anymore sense now, than it did then, but I knew that this was going to change things for the worse. To paraphrase Hunter S. Thompson, "shit had gone from weird to bad, and bad has gone pro."

I called my partner down at the shop. He's ex Viet-Nam, PTSD, anger management issues, and heavily armed. He had already heard, and by the sound of his voice, he wasn't taking it well. In reality, nobody was.

I got on my bike, and hauled ass to the shop. The speed didn't help like it usually does. All the fun was gone.

We were scheduled to be in Ruidoso, NM., as vendors at the AMA rally in two days. We decided to go anyway. Fuck those assholes.

It was a long drive, and the rally was a ghost town. We didn't do any business that weekend, nor did we expect to. We just wanted to be there. Hell, I think we just wanted to be anywhere.

On the last day, a group of Mexican bikers showed up. I can't remember the name of their club. The "gatos" maybe, doesn't matter, they weren't 1%ers. I chatted with one of them for a while, and he stuck out his hand, and said;" Sorry what happened, I hope you find them".

Strange thing was, he had the same look on his face, as everybody else in the tent.

JC
Old 09-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #16
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

I was home. Woke up, started watching TV while drinking a cup of coffee. After the first plane hit, almost every station cut to footage of it, then came the second plane.

At the time, I knew a girl from NY from the internet, so I scrambled to call her, but there was no phone service. Got a hold of her later that night I believe.

It was a strange, strange day, thats for sure.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #17
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I was in my new house less then two weeks and was watching tv. I changed the channel to see the plane hit. I thought it was a movie. I watched some more then the second one hit not to long after. I still thought I was watching a movie but changed the channel to check and found it on another station. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was in a daze for days.

RIP

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #18
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I was in high school at the time. I don't remember what class for sure, but I think it was geometry. I remember the moment I heard what had happened clear as day. I can still hear the principle talking over the speaker system in my mind.. although some of the words are fuzzy now. My mom is a worry wart and came to pick me up soon after it occurred.

I'm not good at expressing how I feel, but I still can't believe I was alive to see it happen. Or that it even happened at all.. I want to forget it ever happened, but I can't. This is something that has to be remembered. RIP to everyone that was involved.. and I hope the rescue personnel that are starting to develop cancer can pull through..
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #19
Evadd
formerly known as tdah

Moto: 06 R1, 01 600R

i was at work, and bumped into my roommate in the cafeteria. he told me a plane hit the WTC, and i figured it was something like a small personal plane. i went upstairs to the resident library, where a small gathering was watching the news. i was stunned when i saw the damage to the first tower. we saw the 2nd plane hit, and everyone just was stunned silent. one guy was crying, saying his cousin worked there. when they collapsed, it was a feeling like no other - a giant pit in my core. i'll never forget it.
Evadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #20
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Tell me about it.

I was living in a crappy little house on a hill, in the woods outside Eugene, OR

The crappy little house was on 65 acres, and overlooked BLM land for miles and miles. I was watching some Elk in the pasture below, drinking my coffee, when I decided to flip on CNN. The first plane hit about ten minutes later.

I didn't understand until the second plane hit. Not that it makes anymore sense now, than it did then, but I knew that this was going to change things for the worse. To paraphrase Hunter S. Thompson, "shit had gone from weird to bad, and bad has gone pro."

I called my partner down at the shop. He's ex Viet-Nam, PTSD, anger management issues, and heavily armed. He had already heard, and by the sound of his voice, he wasn't taking it well. In reality, nobody was.

I got on my bike, and hauled ass to the shop. The speed didn't help like it usually does. All the fun was gone.

We were scheduled to be in Ruidoso, NM., as vendors at the AMA rally in two days. We decided to go anyway. Fuck those assholes.

It was a long drive, and the rally was a ghost town. We didn't do any business that weekend, nor did we expect to. We just wanted to be there. Hell, I think we just wanted to be anywhere.

On the last day, a group of Mexican bikers showed up. I can't remember the name of their club. The "gatos" maybe, doesn't matter, they weren't 1%ers. I chatted with one of them for a while, and he stuck out his hand, and said;" Sorry what happened, I hope you find them".

Strange thing was, he had the same look on his face, as everybody else in the tent.

JC
Not to ruin this somber thread, but for some reason I caught myself narrating your post with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head. It was so odd....

All of these accounts are amazing though....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote