Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Please. Less than 0.01% of the population would have ever known that it was possible to play a Taliban warrior if the media had not blabbed about it.
Bullshit, just because you dont play games, doesnt mean everyone else doesnt. Medal of Honor is a multi-million seller with every release in the series, it gets a lot of publicity. It has nothing to do with the media. The army isnt banning the game, they just arent allowing its sale on military bases. Your making a big deal out of nothing.

There are 80 million PS3 and 360's out there (and countless gaming PC's), and games are now just as big and profitable as movies. You have to expect things like this. The military is doing it out of respect for soldiers, and families of fallen/injured soldiers, not hatred of a game.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.

Last edited by Apoc; 09-10-2010 at 12:54 PM..
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #12
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

this is nothing new... at Lackland AFB (where the Air Force's Basic Training happens) about 10 years ago the Wing Commander's wife went into the BX, saw several new Airmen looking at Playboys and the like, complained and now at Lackland there are no "adult" magazines...

they're not BANNED, just not sold. actually at every other BX I've been to (save deployed exchanges) they're sold.

AAFES is fucking stupid... they're crooks, and don't listen to what the troops that they support want... they listen to what the dependent wives and generals think is best for us.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #13
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
this is nothing new... at Lackland AFB (where the Air Force's Basic Training happens) about 10 years ago the Wing Commander's wife went into the BX, saw several new Airmen looking at Playboys and the like, complained and now at Lackland there are no "adult" magazines...

they're not BANNED, just not sold. actually at every other BX I've been to (save deployed exchanges) they're sold.

AAFES is fucking stupid... they're crooks, and don't listen to what the troops that they support want... they listen to what the dependent wives and generals think is best for us.
Thank you
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #14
Razor
Token

Moto: '07 Kawasaki Mean Streak Special Edition

Here, here Ebb!!
This is just a damn game. If you play video games, and shooters are your thing you'll probably at least rent this one. No gamer that I have ever known or played against is not going to play the game because one of the multiplayer teams is Taliban. They are not thinking, "Hey I'm Taliban and just killed an American soldier"... they are thinking, "Hey I just killed that little shit-talking 5th grader that keeps noob-tubin and knifin me in the back"...

If you play COD MW2, you have 3 teams that you could end up on, Task Force 141 (American kick ass soldiers), Spetznaz (damn Ruskies) or OPFOR (Opposing Forces, but come on and look at them, they are terrorists flashback to Black Hawk Down)... I know most of the time I play, I dont even realize which team I'm on til I kill or get killed by the other side, once again I dont hate being OPFOR because it lets me school that little shit-talker as easy as if I was the kitted-out, cool-looking TF 141 guys.

If you dont like the game, dont play the game, dont watch someone play the game, dont watch the trailers, dont look at it on the computer, dont Gamefly it... voice your opinion about how you dont like or approve of it, thats fine sinceit is your constitutional right but dont make me have to drive across town and fight a mob of people to buy it when I drive right past the damn BX on my way home...

Just an opinion, and we all know what they say about those...