Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

No Charbroil? Really? I have a Charbroil Quantum Infrared grill and it's the cat's pjs! Zero flare ups, even cooking, everything is stainless steel, lifetime warranty, individual temp gages for each burner, auto clean, etc, etc, etc.....

http://www.charbroil.com/VProductInf...ean-Grill.aspx

/thread
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #12
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
No Charbroil? Really? I have a Charbroil Quantum Infrared grill and it's the cat's pjs! Zero flare ups, even cooking, everything is stainless steel, lifetime warranty, individual temp gages for each burner, auto clean, etc, etc, etc.....

http://www.charbroil.com/VProductInf...ean-Grill.aspx

/thread
A buddy of mine has had a commercial series 4 burner infrared for 2-3 years now. He doesn't have any problems with flare ups but it developed hotspots early on. That wasn't the biggest problem though. It sends heat up the posts the control knobs move, enough heat that it melted the center of the knobs making them useless. He keeps a set of pliers on the grill to control the burners now. It doesn't sound like yours has that problem though so maybe they fixed it.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #13
t-homo
WSB Champion

Holland Grills.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #14
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS

Double check but I think the Weber comes with a lifetime warranty as well. Best grill I have ever owned. If it fails, roll it into H.D. and get a new one.

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #15
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

We have a SS Char Broil gas grill we received as a house-warming gift that's going on 4 years old and I've had a couple of issues with it.

Within the first few months the ignitor quit working and I had to get them to send me a replacement under warranty.

After a year or so, the regulator started making an odd high-pitched vibrating noise that happens every now and then when I have all 4 burners going on high; it's annoying.

Other than that, it's been a great grill - somewhat even distribution of heat, the stainless has held up very well and everything is still right and tight. We use it quite a bit - a couple of times a week in the warmer months, and maybe once every week or two in Winter. I'm going to have to replace some of the internals soon, but that's a given with just about any grill that gets regular use.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:16 AM   #16
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Charcoal Weber:

I love it. However, I'd grill out a lot more if I had a gas grill. Charcoal is kind of a chore. With charcoal, I don't have time to grill out except maybe 2-3 times a year. I'd love to grill out every weekend.

I might watch the sales this fall/winter on a Weber gas grill. I'm looking at The Genesis S-310.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #17
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
I might watch the sales this fall/winter on a Weber gas grill. I'm looking at The Genesis S-310.
Charcoal is nice but it is a pain in the ass. Going gas will cut the total time cooking takes in half and the time spent messing with the grill by probably 90%. That Genesis should work fine and Weber says it comes with stainless grates which is good. Make sure if you get one the grates haven't been swapped for ceramic as those do wear out quickly.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #18
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

My old man went through 4 different Charbroil Infrared grills last summer as they all kept breaking on him. I think he tried every model Lowe's had to offer at the time. He finally kept his last one, which is less than perfect. Everything from melted knobs to grills not heating up above 200 degrees.

I've got a standard 4 burner Charbroil grill that flares up like a California wildfire. No matter how much I clean it, anytime I cook steak I have to stand by with a fucking SuperSoaker to shoot the flames down.

I would never pay for a Charbroil grill again. It might be ok if you only used it every once and a while....not everyday like I do.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
My old man went through 4 different Charbroil Infrared grills last summer as they all kept breaking on him. I think he tried every model Lowe's had to offer at the time. He finally kept his last one, which is less than perfect. Everything from melted knobs to grills not heating up above 200 degrees.

I've got a standard 4 burner Charbroil grill that flares up like a California wildfire. No matter how much I clean it, anytime I cook steak I have to stand by with a fucking SuperSoaker to shoot the flames down.

I would never pay for a Charbroil grill again. It might be ok if you only used it every once and a while....not everyday like I do.
Hmmm.... that is so weird, I've had two in a row and have had zero problems with them. Of course, the first grill was a standard 4 burner that flared up like they all do in my experience. I've never seen a standard propane grill that didn't flare up when the fat from the meat catches on fire.... I'm not sure how that's the grill's fault... The grill I have now works great and I've honestly haven't had any of the problems you have described but I will concede that I MAYBE use my grill 2 or 3 times a month. I am very curious now, though... and hungry for some rib eyes.... to the store!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #20
dubbs
Multistrada

My dad's had his weber for 10 yrs and finally had something break... the striker. That's not bad at all if you ask me.

Parent's bought me a weber as a house warming gift which i've had for about a year and it works amazingly. Just keep it under a cover and it will last a long time.. They are made to last and the price reflects that.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote