Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
If you don't mind me askin, what are you looking for in a phone? Are you just browsing the LG line because they're on sale or are you looking at everything? LG makes some nice phones, don't get me wrong, just wondering if you're open to other options. Being a Blackberry zealot, I'd be remiss if I didn't recommend the Pearl, Curve, or Bold to you. Since you've mentioned size being a negative against the iPhone, then the Pearl may be more in line with your tastes. The one hit against it and the Curve are the lack of 3G, though the internet speed on my Curve and Pearl were on par with my Shine, due mainly to the sucktasticly spotty 3G reception around here.
I'm looking for a couple of things. Right now I have a Motorola SLVR l7. I like it and wish I could just get an upgraded model of it, but nobody carries them anymore. I don't really need a smart phone, I already have a Palm lifedrive and my cell phone end up being an antenna more often than not. Pretty much what I want is a phone that has most of the following features:

Small, without a keyboard. I fucking hate thumb typing, it's retarded and retards do it. The keyboards make the phones big and that gets on my nerves. I have a Lifedrive, I can type SMS on it and BT it to the phone with what I have now. I don't text on my phone.

Mini-USB charger and data. Why do phones have proprietary connections? Stop trying to fuck the consumer into buying extra bullshit and sell something easy to use. I have a blue million charge points for a mini-USB jack, and none for a shitty, proprietary charge/data port.

It has to play music and support stereo BT streaming, as well as the A2DP profile. Sometimes I have to use my phone as a music player. It doesn't go on the treadmill with me, I need my BT headphones to work.

MicroSD. I have a fuck-ton of these things, and I'm not buying some other retarded format. Give up already, Sony, SD is the future. Kind of like Blu-Ray isn't.

internet. I'd like to be able to find out what movie is playing at what time on a screen I can read. That would be nice.

So what phone do you recommend for an ATT customer that will give me internet, multimedia, Bluetooth 2.0, and is about the size of my SLVR?