Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

last I looked uninsured motorist was the biggest expense on my insurance bill.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

I would want to know if my neighbor didn't have insurance so that I can avoid him at all costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

As luck would have it I live in one of the few states where auto insurance is not mandatory ( seat belts aren't either) It very quickly becomes my business when they hit something of mine. The law is some case allows my to attach their property , but I dint need a 15 year old Cavalier or the furnishings in their rented trailer. With most of it belonging to renta center anyway
Old 07-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

It's called having a social conscience and not just looking out for yourself but rather thinking about yourself AND other people.

Some people like to know everything about everyone else. It's in their nature.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

quick note to add. Of course it becomes your business when they hit you without insurance or damage your possession in some way through their lifes choices.

I'm just talking about in general, no direct influence on you, why do you need to know.

probably all of us on here would agree it's stupid not to have ins on everything you own. hell I pay full coverage rates on a truck that hardly ever leaves my driveway.
i know people who don't have ins. no way in hell am I going to try and pressure them into getting it or publicly announce to other people they don't have it. I know people who don't have a drivers license to, but I'm not calling the law on them. it's their choice. yes it's illegal, but it doesn't affect me. why call?
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
quick note to add. Of course it becomes your business when they hit you without insurance or damage your possession in some way through their lifes choices.

I'm just talking about in general, no direct influence on you, why do you need to know.

probably all of us on here would agree it's stupid not to have ins on everything you own. hell I pay full coverage rates on a truck that hardly ever leaves my driveway.
i know people who don't have ins. no way in hell am I going to try and pressure them into getting it or publicly announce to other people they don't have it. I know people who don't have a drivers license to, but I'm not calling the law on them. it's their choice. yes it's illegal, but it doesn't affect me. why call?
Personally, I don't care if someone has insurance on their life or home. If they don't have insurance on their CAR, then it's my business because they are a potential financial burden to me, because they are breaking the law.

The above is an unpaid programme by someone who was taken to hospital after having his bike destroyed by an uninsured motorist, and is not the opinion of this station or its management.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:

Yup. I pay for insurance on a vehicle, sled, and motorcycle. Its there to protect me from idiots with no insurance. But, if some idiot with no ins hits me, im still covered, so why should I give a fuck. They are the one up shit creek.

Its really no more of a headache to me either way. So why should it bother me?
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #8
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:

a non licensed and probably non insured driver doesn't affect you? I'm not following that. you like rolling the dice that they won't hit you? then it really becomes a big problem for you, they don't need to hit you. insurance pays out they pass it along.

guess guys wheeling down a busy road don't affect you either?
Old 07-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #9
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

You know what? You're correct, I don't NEED to know. So why the fuck would you TELL me?? Especially if you KNOW it's not legal - or if you know my elitest attitude at all... why would you TELL me that you are making a conscious effort to break the law around me. Park your illegal ass next to me, and drive the same streets / parking lots as I do.

THEN it becomes my business. And, if there were more people that were socially aware, we might not have the huge problem that we have about such illegal behavior. But, by knowing it and letting it go - I'm endorsing the behavior.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #10
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I would want to know if my neighbor didn't have insurance so that I can avoid him at all costs.
Agreed. Well I don't know about the "avoid at all cost" part but I know what you're saying.

As far as the guy at the office asking about your personal tax info...fvck him...it is NONE of his business.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote