Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #11
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Pitbull system might have to wait until next year. Would it work for a cruiser too?

My father and his buddies have big cruisers so the trailer needed to work for me and him.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
My frinds have em and love em. I was thinking about getting a pair if I upgrade my HF trailer this year, but am still not sure what I will do about all that.
Especially with a wedding to plan and a baby on the way....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #13
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Pitbull system might have to wait until next year. Would it work for a cruiser too?

My father and his buddies have big cruisers so the trailer needed to work for me and him.
It is, without a doubt, the BEST transport system that exists. It currently is not available for cruisers. But, the system is flat on the floor - so you could use it for your bike and it wouldn't interfere with another bike.

http://www.pit-bull.com/trailer-restraint-types.shtml

I can't tell you how many trackdays and races that I've gone to - and everytime I [or someone else] open a trailer there is that little bit of oh my god I hope everything is upright sick feeling before the door opens. With this - NO worries.

Congrats on the trailer. But, I've even ditched the regular chocks and went with sport chocks that hold the bike upright for me while I tie them down. That, and I can take it out of the trailer and use it trackside.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #14
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Especially with a wedding to plan and a baby on the way....
i am still puttin that off, will fight it every step of the way.

I am not letting that affect my track season thats for sure.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:44 AM   #15
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Nice rig. I've got a trailer ordered. Can't wait to get it fabricated. It is the complete opposite of yours. Very minimalist.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #16
shmike
Follower

Quote:

No, it won't work for cruisers but it the system that Vator posted looks like a similar set up for the big bikes.

Like Zoomie said, the plate is nearly flush with the floor so it won't interfere if your Dad & friends are using the trailer for their bikes.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #17
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
It is, without a doubt, the BEST transport system that exists. It currently is not available for cruisers. But, the system is flat on the floor - so you could use it for your bike and it wouldn't interfere with another bike.

I can't tell you how many trackdays and races that I've gone to - and everytime I [or someone else] open a trailer there is that little bit of oh my god I hope everything is upright sick feeling before the door opens. With this - NO worries.

Congrats on the trailer. But, I've even ditched the regular chocks and went with sport chocks that hold the bike upright for me while I tie them down. That, and I can take it out of the trailer and use it trackside.

Sport chocks? (can you tell I don't know what the heck I'm talking about with this stuff )

I like the idea of being self sufficient. Right now I roll up with my bike in the back of a pick up truck and get my buddies to unload it for me. With this one I can unload it myself. I hate having to ask for help.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #18
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

I want one of those PitBulls systems
Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #19
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Sport chocks? (can you tell I don't know what the heck I'm talking about with this stuff )

I like the idea of being self sufficient. Right now I roll up with my bike in the back of a pick up truck and get my buddies to unload it for me. With this one I can unload it myself. I hate having to ask for help.
baxley or condor chocks. you can use em for either cruisers or sportbikes, and can install mounting plates on the floor so you can take them out
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

Yep, I love my cheapo Harbor Freight units! I'm thinking about buying a cheap trailer and will probably make a system like the Pit Bull to go with it. Some threaded rod, some spacers, tube steel.... Heck, I'm surprised that HF doesn't already sell something like that for $49.99

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 03-30-2010 at 09:59 AM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote