Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-13-2008, 12:39 AM   #11
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalt View Post
Then you would be left with one tech who fucks up everything he touches. Probably should not have, but I am sick of doing a lot more work due to total incompetence. Thank God for unions. We get nipped in that bay all the time, so it isn't as bad it sounds.
I'm use to incompetence. I work for the government and we can't get rid of it in fact we promote it. I am not going to risk my job because of it though. You got to watch out for people like that, they will not hesitate to file a grievance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:24 AM   #12
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I work with a few of these devout bible thumpers and even worse jehovas witnesses ( i told a few if they ever knocked on my door I would shoot them ) and the funny thing is they are some of the laziest backstabbers you will find.

I am sure most of them are praying I go to hell anyway.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:59 AM   #13
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I work with a few of these devout bible thumpers and even worse jehovas witnesses ( i told a few if they ever knocked on my door I would shoot them ) and the funny thing is they are some of the laziest backstabbers you will find.

I am sure most of them are praying I go to hell anyway.

Tom
Answer the door naked and fully aroused... Tell them you LOVE their cute outfits and invite them in.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #14
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Answer the door naked and fully aroused... Tell them you LOVE their cute outfits and invite them in.
that used to work. Now theyre all dumpy hatian and jamaican ladies. i would be afraid they would come in

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #15
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
1 MegaVolt? Where in the world are you working with one megavolt? The most TVA has is 500kV. We have people that have been hit with 161kV and lived. We have had others blow arms, legs, crotches off. Some pretty nasty stuff. Volts aren't much of a concern anyway, it's the amps that pack a punch.

On another interesting note, I have held a powerline that was hot at 161kV in my hand. It was one of the most interesting sensations I have ever felt. Even though we were at same potential, it still kinda vibrated and gave off a very odd sensation.
Our directional bore crew hit a 1million volt and a 500k line. Knocked out an entire city grid. I almost shoved a shovel through a 1,000v.

I'm not too sure about all the power but I work a good bit with Georgia Power and have talked to those guys. Some of the guys have to handle power in full insulated suits (They normally use gloves only) but those are usually sub-contracts (Highly paid) who mess with that. One of hte power guys use to work on lines from a helicopter. I think he said he worked with 1million and 500 cause I remember asking him what's the difference between a million and 500k if you get hit. He said 500k is open casket 1million is closed casket because it vaporizes you. Apparently one of their guys was killed when he had a pinhole leak in his insulated suit and the electricity jumped into this suit. They said there was barely anything left.

I helped put a power pole back in once that had some high voltage lines in it. I had rubber gloves on but damn you could feel that bitch humming.

Gas mains are my favorite things to bust.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:12 AM   #16
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

So let me get this straight...

Co worker is a big time christian bible thumper that sometimes lies and make himself out to be a hypocrite.

So you let him get hurt

If I was another co-worker to you two... I'd pistol whip your ass and then turn you into the boss.

child... welcome to the professional world!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product

Last edited by Gas Man; 12-14-2008 at 12:14 AM..
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #17
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post

Co worker is a big time christian bible thumper that sometimes lies and make himself out to be a hypocrite.

So you let him get hurt

If I was another co-worker to you two... I'd pistol whip your ass and then turn you into the boss.

Word, GM, word.

What a total skank. Seriously. I agree w/ Trip as well, I'd of fired you on the spot.

oh, and you're tired of having to fix stupid people's work..... might as well just quit now and go be a door greeter @ Wally World, cause the professional world is full of that shit.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:54 PM   #18
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

back when I played with electricity for a living, some guy decided to drop a wrench while working above a battery room... the resulting flash could be seen down the hall.

Dumbass. He was lucky but still a dumbass.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #19
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post

So you let him get hurt

Gas is right on here. Grow up, kid.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #20
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

We just always hide food in eachother's desks, replace all the pens with dry ones, and crop-dust eachother as much as possible.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote