Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-19-2010, 10:52 AM   #11
t-homo
WSB Champion

the insurance company will pay legal fees or even use their own lawyers for you if you get sued for something insurance related.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #12
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

It may be hard to cou.ter sue since it was your fault and all they have to do is get the lady to agree to the lawsuit.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #13
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
G-Rex,
Good luck with the bullshit. The next thing you hear from YOUR insurance company is that they settled for "X" out of court.
Heaven forbid they take care of it and you don't have to worry about it.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #14
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
So approximately two years ago, I was in a car wreck where I rear-ended another car in stop and go traffic at a light.

I gave her my insurance, car and her were fixed to the tune of $3100. Done deal, right? No.

I got served with a lawsuit summons last night that stated she was suing me for $50,000. The paperwork refers to me as a woman. Real nice.
I had an almost identical thing happen a few years back... I tapped a guy at a light, insurance paid him $351 (yes, $351) to repaint his bumper.

Three years later, I get served to come in for a deposition - he's suing me for $25,000 (pain, suffering, lost wages, blah blah blah).

Long story short, it went no where. I wasn't even with the same insurance company anymore, but their attys still handled it for me. Beyond the deposition, I never had to bother with it again. If they're worth their salt, your insurance company's attorneys will make it go away.

Good luck!!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #15
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

had a friend who got sued by the husband of a woman he rearended. his car was pushed into the woman's car but technically he had hit her. as soon as she got out it was "oh my neck" etc. that only paid out a little so her husband who had not been in the car sued for $250,000 because he didn't get any nooky for a year because of her injuries. yes they settled out of court and yes he got money from them to the tune of 50 grand. strain on the marriage and psychological.....
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #16
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Hopefully the first judge to see this will throw it out. If they can't get your gender right, what else did they fuck up?
Took the words right out of my mouth!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
I had an almost identical thing happen a few years back... I tapped a guy at a light, insurance paid him $351 (yes, $351) to repaint his bumper.

Three years later, I get served to come in for a deposition - he's suing me for $25,000 (pain, suffering, lost wages, blah blah blah).

Long story short, it went no where. I wasn't even with the same insurance company anymore, but their attys still handled it for me. Beyond the deposition, I never had to bother with it again. If they're worth their salt, your insurance company's attorneys will make it go away.

Good luck!!
And here's hoping the same thing happens.... you've paid your insurance company enough... time for them to buck up and show they deserve it.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #17
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
And here's hoping the same thing happens.... you've paid your insurance company enough... time for them to buck up and show they deserve it.
This. Someone I know was clipped by a Brinks truck on his bike... it wasn't horrible, he was in one piece afterwards, but it did tear up his fairings, tweak his clip on, break off the bar-end, and snap off his clutch lever. $500 would have fixed him right up, but Brinks' insurance refused to pay for it, even though they were at fault.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:13 AM   #18
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
This. Someone I know was clipped by a Brinks truck on his bike... it wasn't horrible, he was in one piece afterwards, but it did tear up his fairings, tweak his clip on, break off the bar-end, and snap off his clutch lever. $500 would have fixed him right up, but Brinks' insurance refused to pay for it, even though they were at fault.
Brinks' can't go around giving money away, it's bad for business.

JC
Old 12-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #19
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Well dang, I've been rear ended 3 times. Where's my 150K???? lol

Oh and this is interesting...

After all the stress from the the POS I am divorcing I had horrible neck issues lasting for 4 months this year.. It took another 3 months to get me 'close' to 'normal.' I ended up seeing a chiro and a neurosurgeon and was asked if I'd been in many car accidents.. I mentioned the 3 times being rear ended and he said that may have been one of the factors for my pain! YIKES!! I should sue! Lol

Last edited by MILK; 12-21-2010 at 03:43 PM..
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #20
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Well dang, I've been rear ended 3 times. Where's my 150K???? lol
stop lifting your skirt,
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote