Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

I heard this morning that they closed down the entire Ft. Worth school dristrict today... That's a LOT of schools.
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
That sucks.. is there nothing you can get to protect yourself if the hospital runs out again?

It's going to be a world wide problem. Great for the disposable gown companies. We have ones that can be laundered and disposable. The initial days of the "outbreak" just put a strain on the existing resources b/c more people were freaking and heading to the hospitals to be examined. They've actually set up a "flu assessment" clinic in the little town to take the strain of their ER. It's been stressed they people who think they might be sick to stay home and not go to hospitals unless they are having real trouble breathing etc... They'll just over burden the ER's and place other's at risk.

People wearing masks all day long, when not in the health care setting or dealing with certain populations of people just look silly. Hand washing and covering your mouth is still the best practice.

I wouldn't be traveling to Mexico any time soon though and I'm a little worried about flying on a plane - only b/c the constant circulating air gets me sick every time regardless if they have a hepa-filter in airplane.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Z is wearing a mask full time at work

setting up a decontamination place in our garage, to keep scrubs together and her shoes seperated.

telling us to load up on vit. C

1 confirmed case in our area, she's better
2 suspected in houston

3 schools closed.
that's odd because i've taken the habit of licking patients who think they have swine flu. if they don't taste like bacon i have them sign a refusal
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #4
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

My daughter is a pharmacy tech and she said people are absolutely in-fucking-sane with paranoia to the point that they have sold out of all of the Tamaflu that they had because people are getting it "just in case." They have also sold out of all of their masks (you know the freaky things that likes to wear as a fashion accesory) for the same reason.

We have had 4 confirmed cases, last I heard, here in AZ. And we have people here driving home every weekend to see their family in Mexico. All of the cases have been grade school kids which kind of makes sense since they probably aren't as vigilant about hand washing as they should be. Of course, a lot of nasty adults aren't either.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:48 PM   #5
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
that's odd because i've taken the habit of licking patients who think they have swine flu. if they don't taste like bacon i have them sign a refusal

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #6
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pooh.jpg (82.9 KB, 42 views)

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:26 AM   #7
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Z is wearing a mask full time at work

setting up a decontamination place in our garage, to keep scrubs together and her shoes seperated.

telling us to load up on vit. C

1 confirmed case in our area, she's better
2 suspected in houston

3 schools closed.
Now thats paranoia, we have well over 50 cases in queens and brooklyn. Everyones just using universal precautions here and most of the cases ar every mild. the regular flu was much worse this year anyway.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #8
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

and your wife/gf is not prego w/ a toddler in the the house.

heck the toddler is prolly more prone to bring home more bugs then Z
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

fucking swine flu has cancelled my trip to DC. They uped our warning level and cancelled all travel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #10
Frostz28
Redneck

Moto: 2005 GSXR 750

the whole thing is stupid. I eat like crap, basically do NOTHING to protect myself from germs and things of that nature and I never get sick. i haven't been to the doctor in probably 20 years. (Unless you count the dentist) I did one time go to the hospital cuz I broke my foot in four places and thats only because they made me go. Am I going to die young of something that could have been prevented... probably but at least I haven't lived my whole life worrying about my blood pressure, or choleserol and the thousand other things the media wants me to be worried about. I think we are making ourselves weaker by hiding behind meds everytime we get a sniffle. Like someone mentioned earlier whats wrong with getting the flu renting a few movies and sleepin it off on the couch! ya it sucks but at least next time around your body has a fighting chance. Im probably just makin stuff up but thats how I feel. LOL

"Guys like me drink to many beers on Friday after work, our best blue jeans have skoal rings, we wear our boots to church"
Frostz28 is offline   Reply With Quote