Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #11
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I'm stuck in the Philly airport too, my 830 direct to atlanta delta flight was cancelled so they rebooked me on a 230 afternoon flight with 2 layovers, DC and charlotte (WTF?!?), what should have bee a 2 hour flight was rebooked as an 8 hour flight and I could have made the drive in 10-12 hours. Anyway I rebooked on Airtan and fly at 11.

FU delta FU
Wow. Holy shit. Motherfuckers.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #12
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Wow. Holy shit. Motherfuckers.
Yeh cancelled my first reservation and just jumped on airtran, I'll be there at 1, late for my meeting which starts at 1 but I'll be there today. Usually the early ATL flight is on time because the plane is already here but i'm not sure. One of the guys i'm travelling with managed to jump on a 930 United flight, the other went home and said have fun.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #13
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I'm stuck in the Philly airport too, my 830 direct to atlanta delta flight was cancelled so they rebooked me on a 230 afternoon flight with 2 layovers, DC and charlotte (WTF?!?), what should have bee a 2 hour flight was rebooked as an 8 hour flight and I could have made the drive in 10-12 hours. Anyway I rebooked on Airtan and fly at 11.

FU delta FU
Great business model on how to keep customers...... NOT!
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #14
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
No shit.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #15
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Yeh, I think i've posted a rant or two here about delta before. This adds to their perfect record of never getting me anywhere on time (14 flights this year alone)
Old 11-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #16
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

My last flight with Delta - I showed up 60 minutes before the flight with ZERO bags to check... just a small rollerboard and my helmet. I was informed that I had showed up *late* and check-in wasn't allowed. I could certainly go standby for the later flight.... That would mean I would get in at 9:30pm [as I'm standing at the counter at 6:30am] OR I could pay $360 and get a direct flight on another carrier.

Which do YOU think I did?

I fly A LOT. I've done at least a dozen flights for BMW this year - and two more personal ones... my husband flies every 21 days. Delta is one of the worst - I don't fly NWA as they don't have a base here in Texas. Jet Blue FTMFW!

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #17
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Thing is, with a relatively small number of carriers, and severely cut back flight schedules, you generally have a very limited number of options for getting to or from any given place- especially non-stop. If you need to travel somewhere in a relatively short period of time, they know you'll be back.

But yeah, Delta really, really sucks. Don't count on getting anywhere on time, or even on the right day when you fly with them.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #18
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

You guys have convinced me that should I ever make the mistake of booking a flight not to do it with Delta.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #19
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
My last flight with Delta - I showed up 60 minutes before the flight with ZERO bags to check... just a small rollerboard and my helmet. I was informed that I had showed up *late* and check-in wasn't allowed. I could certainly go standby for the later flight.... That would mean I would get in at 9:30pm [as I'm standing at the counter at 6:30am] OR I could pay $360 and get a direct flight on another carrier.

Which do YOU think I did?

I fly A LOT. I've done at least a dozen flights for BMW this year - and two more personal ones... my husband flies every 21 days. Delta is one of the worst - I don't fly NWA as they don't have a base here in Texas. Jet Blue FTMFW!
I have never heard of an airline that refuses check-in 60 minutes before departure. Must be that particular airport's decision. The strictest limit I've ever experienced was 40 minutes before departure.

And Jet Blue is allright, but unfortunately they don't go to Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, St Louis, or anywhere in OH, TN, KY, I could go on and on...

Last edited by Homeslice; 11-02-2009 at 11:02 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #20
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I have never heard of an airline that refuses check-in 60 minutes before departure. Must be that particular airport's decision. The strictest limit I've ever experienced was 40 minutes before departure.

And Jet Blue is allright, but unfortunately they don't go to Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, St Louis, or anywhere in OH, TN, KY, I could go on and on...
They had a LOT of standby's for some random reason... I'm pretty sure they had overbooked and already sold my seat. Fuckers.

I think Jet Blue does it right BECAUSE they don't go everywhere, do it right for a few and take over the industry slowly

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote