Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #11
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I am about to get a new phone and a new laptop broadband card........Right now I have ATT for the phone and Sprint for the laptop...........Hoping to consolidate them into one provider -- whoever has the best data coverage map.
I'm about to do the same thing.

Do you have a home ISP too or just use the broadband card?
Old 10-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #12
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
I am about to get a new phone and a new laptop broadband card........Right now I have ATT for the phone and Sprint for the laptop...........Hoping to consolidate them into one provider -- whoever has the best data coverage map.
Verizon is king there but I beleive it's still expensive.
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/C...type=broadband

Saw Comcast has a "Metro" 4g service and when out of their metro areas it switches to Sprint's nationwide (though i think that's basically just Metro too). I saw a special for the 4g at $30 a month
Old 10-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #13
Rider
Moto GP Star

I got Verizon, 3 lines, 700 minutes and unlimited texting unlimited m to m, no "my circle" bullshit for $100/mo after my corporate discount. Probably not the cheapest provider but it has the best coverage in MI.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Yea I know that it's not great for everyone... did I mention that there is NO CONTRACT?!?!? No? Where I live, their coverage is very good and getting better. T-mobile is an up and coming company who's coverage has vastly improved in just the year I've been with them. Heck, they are using AT&T for secondary right now and are working on a deal with a local company for "roaming" towers.

It's all relative to where you live and what you do. I've never gone over my minutes either but that's mostly because I watch them like a hawk!!! Now I won't need to! That's the difference. Also, if you get unlimited, you can kill any home phone service that you may have...shit, for $10 T-mobile will hook you up with a VOIP type home phone with unlimited minutes, long distance, etc.

BTW I'm aware of these small companies like Boost, Cricket, Metro, etc that offer unlimited plans for $30 or whatever but from what I've seen, the coverage is terrible and the phones are either expensive or LAME! Like I said, to each their own but I'm liking T-Mobile.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Verizon is king there but I beleive it's still expensive.
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/C...type=broadband

Saw Comcast has a "Metro" 4g service and when out of their metro areas it switches to Sprint's nationwide (though i think that's basically just Metro too). I saw a special for the 4g at $30 a month
I have Sprint's "Rev A" broadband, using a Novatel laptop card........ and it's slow.....A CNN video will take 30-60 seconds before it even starts running.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #16
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
I have Sprint's "Rev A" broadband, using a Novatel laptop card........ and it's slow.....A CNN video will take 30-60 seconds before it even starts running.
Fox News would be faster (waits for Avatard to enter)
Old 10-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I hear you! I want a card too but from what I've seen it's waaaaaayyyyy sssslllloooowwwwww..... Fuck it, I have Hot Zones or I'll stop at Starbucks, Barnes and Nobles, Burger King, etc if I just HAVE to get on the net. Besides, most plans cost more than cable high speed...how bad DO I have to get on the internet? If they ever get fast enough, I might get one but I'll always have to have high speed at home, I have 4 laptops here, a PS3, PSP, 2 WiFi phones, etc...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #18
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

How about hooking up a phone to my laptop? But I couldn't use my phone's call functions while I'm browsing the web, right?

Last edited by Homeslice; 10-28-2009 at 02:46 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #19
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea I know that it's not great for everyone... did I mention that there is NO CONTRACT?!?!? No? Where I live, their coverage is very good and getting better. T-mobile is an up and coming company who's coverage has vastly improved in just the year I've been with them. Heck, they are using AT&T for secondary right now and are working on a deal with a local company for "roaming" towers.

It's all relative to where you live and what you do. I've never gone over my minutes either but that's mostly because I watch them like a hawk!!! Now I won't need to! That's the difference. Also, if you get unlimited, you can kill any home phone service that you may have...shit, for $10 T-mobile will hook you up with a VOIP type home phone with unlimited minutes, long distance, etc.

BTW I'm aware of these small companies like Boost, Cricket, Metro, etc that offer unlimited plans for $30 or whatever but from what I've seen, the coverage is terrible and the phones are either expensive or LAME! Like I said, to each their own but I'm liking T-Mobile.
i know that parts true at least mr notextbackerson
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #20
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Droid is looking pretty good right now, Verizon is suppose to get a lot more android OS phones as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote