Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom
Default One step closer to bike ownership (almost)

As many of you know, I've posted my list of priorties before:

Buy home
Pay off debt (other than home)
Buy motorcycle.

Well, the first step is well on it's way. I close Thursday the 18th on my first home. Happy birthday and merry Christmas to me. It's a small home, about 1000 s.f. upstairs with about 750 s.f. unfinished basement. It has a one car attached garage with plenty of room for a bike.

There is a decent size back yard for my daughter to play in, although it's not fenced yet. There is also a small park two blocks away for her to play.

I have a few things I need to take care of before I actually move in, such as flooring, paint and wiring. Luckily, the wiring will be quite easy with a basement and such a small house. I'm replacing all of the outlets and wires as they only have 2-wire with no ground. There is hardwood underneath carpet, so I need to pull the carpet and refinish the hardwood, then pull up the nasty carpet in kitchen and bath and put down tile. Luckily, I know how to do all of this work so I'll save a sizable sum of money right there. My step-brothers are both electricians, so I can make sure the wiring is done to code.

Here are pics of front and back, I'll run a new thread with pics of before and after work is completed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Back.JPG (354.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front.JPG (137.4 KB, 0 views)
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote