Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-09-2009, 08:19 AM   #181
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Dude, un-ruffle your feathers, JESUS! I'm talking about the way it looks. Am I now not allowed to have my own view about what is aesthetically pleasing? I don't like the looks at all. It is just my opinion but since it will be MY fucking money buying my next bike, you'll excuse me if I weigh my opinion a bit more heavily than yours.
Dude, it's great you don't like it, I'm not asking you to like it.

I'm trying to explain that a power to weight based class can allow them to compete fairly.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:25 AM   #182
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Aw come on, Pegram won by like .3 of a second or something... I don't call that a smoking... besides Pegram is on a WSBK spec 1200cc bike...
What the fuck does a WSBK spec bike have to do with anything? It's racing in Superbike.

Do you realize that the AMA is going to adopt FIM WSBK rules?

Maybe you're pissed the yamaha is now competing with the suzuki?

And again, all of the sanctioning bodies in racing recognize that a twin can not make the same hp as a I4 of the samesize.

Lastly, I like how twins run, if you want buy an I4, I don't care, but don't whine that everybike made isn't an I4, not everyone wants one.

Last edited by Rsv1000R; 06-09-2009 at 09:39 AM..
Old 06-09-2009, 08:29 AM   #183
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Nope, it has belt drive because supposedly, according to Buell, belt drive is better. Gas in the frame is better. Oil in the swing arm is better. Perimeter brakes are better. Carrying the muffler under the engine is better. When the Buell was introduced, Erik proclaimed that he had a better motorcycle design. The ads and the accolades were endless. Well, I say prove it! Fuck, if they aren't trying to sell it as a sport/race bike then why race it in the first place? When it wins races it's a race bike, when it loses then it's a street bike.
Belt drive is better on the street, putting weight under the bike is better than hanging it off the back, gas in the frame, and oil in the swing arm are pretty good ideas as well.

You're the one who's whine about it competing in a class of bike that have about the same hp.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #184
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

FYI, Tigger, the 1125 doesn't use the swingarm as an oil tank.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #185
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The front end of the 1125 looks like someone sat on it and squashed the headlights. And then there's the ugly side scoops.

Last edited by Homeslice; 06-09-2009 at 09:44 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #186
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Well Eric Buell was a former Harley Davidson engineer so that may have something to do with Buell using Harley engines. This and the fact that Buell and HD entered into an agreement/partnership with HD having right at half of the controlling ownership.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #187
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Do you guys know why the old Buells used Harley based engines? Probably not, and it's not because Erik thought they were the best engines ever. They are good engines, good for the street, but thats not why he used them to begin with.

Actually, I thought that it was because all the other companies had laughed in his face and I don't mean this in a bad way. I'm pretty sure that he approached other companies with his ideas.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #188
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
Dude, it's great you don't like it, I'm not asking you to like it.

I'm trying to explain that a power to weight based class can allow them to compete fairly.
Oh no you don't! I said that I don't like the way it looks and you jumped down my throat...

Besides, I'm ready to concede that it's "fair" considering the results...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #189
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Well Eric Buell was a former Harley Davidson engineer so that may have something to do with Buell using Harley engines. This and the fact that Buell and HD entered into an agreement/partnership with HD having right at half of the controlling ownership.
Worked for them. Built and designed them. Raced them. Could get a shit-load of them....

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #190
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Oh no you don't! I said that I don't like the way it looks and you jumped down my throat...

Besides, I'm ready to concede that it's "fair" considering the results...
If I did I apologize, as I don't care what it looks like, nor whether you like it or not.