Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #171
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I personally feel inferior and that's why I argue on the internet...

It all started with my father, he was a hard man, a drinker and ex military. So he had a very "my way or the highway" attitude. Nothing I did was ever really good enough for him and he let me know that in no uncertain terms. He was abusive both physically and verbally and I can't remember ever getting even one word of love, kindness or encouragement from him in my entire life. Plus my Mother didn't breast feed me. Thank you Kelli for helping me come to an epiphany concerning my character and psychological underpinnings. You are an angel of mercy... bless you!

Quote:
Just being able to break the speed limit doesn't make for a great street bike, sister. What about ergos, vibration, handling, seat (tell me that narrow motherfucker is comfortable for hours at a time), wind protection, controls, lights, etc.
Well no shit sherlock, but the point you specifically brought up was highway speed.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #172
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
Just being able to break the speed limit doesn't make for a great street bike, sister. What about ergos, vibration, handling, seat (tell me that narrow motherfucker is comfortable for hours at a time), wind protection, controls, lights, etc.
This bike is the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden . . . excluding a Goldwing. The seat may look narrow and uncomfortable, but it is nothing like the vinyl covered 2x4's on a real dirt bike. It's comfy. The seat to peg height is taller than any bike I've ever sat on so you aren't all cramped up, and there are zero perceptible vibrations at anything below 65 mph. You get a slight buzz up past 70-75, but it'll hold 75 mph all day long if that's your thing. I like to explore the back roads though, so that isn't an issue. It is much smoother and way more comfortable than a DRZ400.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #173
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Um, but without a rider, the bike isn't doing a whole helluva lot of anything...
Nah, nah, nah... if you put the same rider under the same conditions on both bikes, that a decent test of the bike. If you put the same bike under two different riders, under the same conditions, that's a test of the rider. If you take two different riders and put them on two different bikes, under the same conditions, you are testing the bike/rider combination. get it?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #174
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Krabill....your bike looks badass and I'd love to try something like that out. It looks like so much fun.
Kell . . sweetheart . . . if we ever get a chance to meet up, I'll gladly let you take my bike for a ride.

I'm 99% sure I'll be going on a Gap trip here in a couple of weeks if anybody is in the area . . . June 18th-20th.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #175
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
This bike is the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden . . . excluding a Goldwing. The seat may look narrow and uncomfortable, but it is nothing like the vinyl covered 2x4's on a real dirt bike. It's comfy. The seat to peg height is taller than any bike I've ever sat on so you aren't all cramped up, and there are zero perceptible vibrations at anything below 65 mph. You get a slight buzz up past 70-75, but it'll hold 75 mph all day long if that's your thing. I like to explore the back roads though, so that isn't an issue. It is much smoother and way more comfortable than a DRZ400.
Yea I upgraded the seat on my DRZ as well.... Gel seat ftw!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #176
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Kell . . sweetheart . . . if we ever get a chance to meet up, I'll gladly let you take my bike for a ride.

I'm 99% sure I'll be going on a Gap trip here in a couple of weeks if anybody is in the area . . . June 18th-20th.
No thanks you make guys on GSXR1000s crash!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #177
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Quote:
Well . . . if you had a better bike . . .
Old 06-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #178
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post

Well no shit sherlock, but the point you specifically brought up was highway speed.

Blah, blah, blah.... don't you have work to do?

Quote:
You win, I'm trading it in on a 250 tomorrow!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #179
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Nah, nah, nah... if you put the same rider under the same conditions on both bikes, that a decent test of the bike. If you put the same bike under two different riders, under the same conditions, that's a test of the rider. If you take two different riders and put them on two different bikes, under the same conditions, you are testing the bike/rider combination. get it?
Oh Tigger, bless your pea-pickin lil heart... you're so cute when you're frustrated. I love how long your posts get when you're worked into a froth...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Blah, blah, blah.... don't you have work to do?
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #180
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I'm not frustrated, I'm just pointing out that two different riders on two different bikes is not a test of the bike.