Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #171
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Okay, time to get this thread back on track of ranting and you've prompted it with that comment. You're absolutely correct, we customer service folks do get tired of the idiots. There are many out there. Luckily, only about 25% of the folks I deal with are complete jackasses. Take last night for instance, the first phone call of the night was a couple who wanted to check on, and then modify, the beneficiaries to their accounts. Very simple task, can be done in 5 minutes or less on the web. However, I was on the phone with them for 35 fucking minutes.

Why the fuck so long? Because the fucking morons couldn't follow instructions. They were both on speakerphone (which is a pain in the ass already) and fucking arguing back and forth about what step to take next. If they would have fucking listened, there wouldn't be any problem. I know that it's sometimes difficult to find things on a website when the person you're talking to can't just take their finger and point at a screen, but I'm pretty damn good at walking people through things step by step. However, these people wouldn't listen.

They kept cutting me off and talking about other shit, or arguing about where they were looking on the website. I wanted to say, "shut the fuck up. This isn't that damn difficult. If you'll follow my directions to a T, you will have this done in a matter of minutes!" But no, I can't say that. I have to just sit there and listen to them fucking argue on the telephone, try to tell them to look at a certain spot on a screen, then listen to them argue some more.

I wish I didn't have to kiss the customer's ass, but our system has a fucking survey at the end of the call. My bonus is based on how satisfied the customer is. If I get anything less than the highest mark, it fucks me right in the ass and I can't get the highest possible bonus. So I have to sit there and kiss someone's ass because I need the fucking money. I swear, if it weren't for needing the money, I'd tell people what I really think while on the phone.
Hey Im not knocking ur job man. I do, however, think some customer service people are very hard to listen to especially when they're foreign.
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #172
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

hundreds of thousands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #173
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

hey My truck was purchased for 1800... fucker has 140,000... that's like 20k for a Toyota... may not look like much (a lot of which I did myself ) but it's reliable and will run for ever.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:27 PM   #174
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
hey My truck was purchased for 1800... fucker has 140,000... that's like 20k for a Toyota... may not look like much (a lot of which I did myself ) but it's reliable and will run for ever.
right... but it's old and has hundreds of thousands of miles on it...

you just made our point, thanks ebbs.

Quote:
Quote:

3662 Supply NCO

Old 04-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #175
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

but you said old shit boxes... my truck is no shit box... it'll be on the road long after more than a few of the trucks you sell have gone to the wecking yard.

for 1800 you can get a good reliable rig no problem...
Old 04-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #176
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I would like to clarify that I was not referring to customer service reps, I was referring to the art of customer service itself.

In my line of work I deal with many different companies and typically there is one single person that I have to deal with on a regular basis. I firmly believe in building lasting relationships with a specific person at a particular company because I know that they will get the job done and take care of me.

I have no issue with the poor customer service reps you get on the phone, as a matter of fact, unless you are rude or ugly to me, I am the nicest person on the planet. But if you get rude or ugly, its like flipping a switch, and I am THAT WOMAN that will call back and speak with a supervisor and I will have your job if you so deserve that course of action. I am not a mean person, but when you have a job and it calls for a specific demeanor, etc, like Capt said, even if I am an idiot, its still your job to be polite and helpful, UNLESS i get rude or ugly first. Then game on, but it should always be the customer service persons call when they get an unreasonable person on the phone to state that they need to call back when they can be reasonable and polite. If you dont work for a company that gives you that, then you dont want to work there.

My rant was referring to a company that is the ONLY one that supplies the parts that I need for a fountain in my park area, and unfortunately up until yesterday I was completely fed up with them. The ONE GUY who handles all the parts orders has been ignoring me for MONTHS. I have called repeatedly and left messages, both voicemail and verbal written messages with the receptionist and he has been either too lazy or too incompetent to return my calls. I finally got hold of him a few weeks ago, and we had a detailed conversation that entailed us both taking specific actions uon hanging up the phone. I followed mine to a Tee. He however did not do ANYTHING. When I got him on the phone after several emails and voicemails in the following weeks he tried to tell me that we didnt discuss anything and that he wasnt supposed to be doing anything. All in a very rude manner with attitude...WRONG APPROACH to take with me...and I ripped him a new one...then called back, got a partner of the company on the phone, ripped him a new one after apologizing for being upset because it wasnt his fault, he was very kind and took the appropriate action to ensure I become a happy customer, and what took the IDIOT weeks to do, this gentleman did in a matter of a few hours and reassured me that in the future I can contact him directly for all my needs. So, I am appeased...but this situation is a tad different from dealing with just some random customer service rep....
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #177
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK... Fucking finance fucked up my pay... Ok... So to start from the beginning...

I used my Government Travel Card (GTC) to purchase my ticket to Korea... When I got here I filed my Travel Voucher. One thing that's required when you file a travel voucher is split-dispursement. Meaning they pay off the GTC first and if there is any remaining the rest goes in to my checking account. Well about 2 weeks after I got here I got Over paid. I stopped into Finance to make sure that I wasn't going to incurr a debt because of an error on their end. They assured me that my card was paid off and the remainder was for Per Diem from my PCS... So I used the money to make extra payments on my bills.

Fast forward to today... 2 months later... And I get an e-mail from our GTC rep saying my card is now 30 days overdue and I owe 1150... So I call finance... Apparently they didn't pay off my card and the entire amount of my travel voucher went into my checking account... (and it's what I used to pay extra on my card) so I owe 1150 on my card... And what's better is they won't do payments... Only a min payment which now that it's past due 30 days is 1150... FUCK FUCK FUCK... Been nice to know this last week before I spent a bunch of money on my shit for my bike...

I fucking hate the military pay system... They always fuckup our shit and take forever to pay out... But if you owe money they're fuck'n Nazi's about it...
Old 04-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #178
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Today's rant:

[rant]I hate everyone.[/rant]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
We'll ride your troubles away.
*Insert sexual joke here*
Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Hey Im not knocking ur job man. I do, however, think some customer service people are very hard to listen to especially when they're foreign.
By customer service people you mean half the nation of India?

I called dell today around 6EST and spoke with a bunch of people. I think maybe 1 of them was caucasian.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #179
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Quote:
but you said old shit boxes... my truck is no shit box... it'll be on the road long after more than a few of the trucks you sell have gone to the wecking yard.

it may not be a shit box... but it looks like it

and now for my rant.

fucking stupid ass mother fucking snow god damn mother fucker sleet and rain and cold then snow and wind stupid fucking can't ride the damn new bike always moving stupid shitty snow fuck fucking ass shitty weather and fucking plow trucks that don't plow but fucking put 6" of stupid ass sand on the streets so bike fucking fall the fuck over when trying to ride when the fucking weather gets it's fucking head out of it's fucking ass.

Quote:
Quote:

3662 Supply NCO

Old 04-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #180
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:

NO it's just an old loud shitbox
Just kidding... I still remember the time you drove it over here. I ducked and covered cause I thought a plane was crashing into our house....
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote