Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #171
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Boy this thread has taken off since I was here on Friday !!

I hope they work it out somehow. I hate to see them go under to be honest.

If I was in the market for a new bike...at these prices I may would own an 1125R....assuming I could get parts and HD or someone would stand behind the warranty.

Retail for retail would I take a Buell over a Japanese liter bike (?)...no but again at the current closeout prices...I'd give it a shot.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #172
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Boy this thread has taken off since I was here on Friday !!

I hope they work it out somehow. I hate to see them go under to be honest.

If I was in the market for a new bike...at these prices I may would own an 1125R....assuming I could get parts and HD or someone would stand behind the warranty.

Retail for retail would I take a Buell over a Japanese liter bike (?)...no but again at the current closeout prices...I'd give it a shot.

HD will honor the warranty and is required to supply parts and service for at least the next 7 years.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #173
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

A friend of mine bought 3 1125s and an xb12 today for 18k out the door, paid in full. he thinks he can hold them over the winter and sell them for a profit in the spring.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #174
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
A friend of mine bought 3 1125s and an xb12 today for 18k out the door, paid in full. he thinks he can hold them over the winter and sell them for a profit in the spring.
a reasonable gamble to make. I wonder if theyd let you buy it crated
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #175
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Good luck with that, considering the economy won't be any better than it is now. Hope he enjoys wasting time dealing with a bunch of craigslist tire-kickers and scam-artists.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #176
tommymac
Moto GP Star

where did he buy one fred. I am getting serious about pulling the trigger on one esp for 6k or under.

I may take the plunge and head down to TN and get one to ride it back. Also got a HD dealer right up the road here so that will be easy for service I cant do myself.

tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #177
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
where did he buy one fred. I am getting serious about pulling the trigger on one esp for 6k or under.

I may take the plunge and head down to TN and get one to ride it back. Also got a HD dealer right up the road here so that will be easy for service I cant do myself.

tom

Please some see us. I'd love to have the opportunity to work with you.

We can pick you up at the airport.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:25 PM   #178
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

You can stay at our place for the night as well Tommy

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #179
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Good luck with that, considering the economy won't be any better than it is now. Hope he enjoys wasting time dealing with a bunch of craigslist tire-kickers and scam-artists.
Thats also a side bussiness of his, he's a full time cop, lives in his parents 2nd house rent free, and trades in bikes on the side, usually he fools around with used bikes that dont run, fixes them up and resells them, but he said this was a really good deal.

I think hes gonna make out on the deal, hes not insuring them or registering them, just loaded them on the trailer and drove home, they are gonna sit in his garage for the winter under sheets and come out to play in the spring.

He picked them up somewhere in WV, made the deal online over the weekend and went down this morning. i got the call when he was loading them on the trailer to go home
Old 10-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #180
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Thats also a side bussiness of his, he's a full time cop, lives in his parents 2nd house rent free, and trades in bikes on the side, usually he fools around with used bikes that dont run, fixes them up and resells them, but he said this was a really good deal.

I think hes gonna make out on the deal, hes not insuring them or registering them, just loaded them on the trailer and drove home, they are gonna sit in his garage for the winter under sheets and come out to play in the spring.

He picked them up somewhere in WV, made the deal online over the weekend and went down this morning. i got the call when he was loading them on the trailer to go home
hes not Bob from barrington is he? that guy comes up with some of the coolest old shit. cant wait till we get the money situation more in hand so i can do some of that as well
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote