Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #161
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
Yes and no. According to a lot of the literature I read during both my pregnancies (I don't have the source material on hand.. I'm just regurgitating this from memory), stretch marks are largely hereditary. Some women are just more prone to it than others. Hell, I got some stretch marks from gaining 10lbs in BCT.
That sucks! I've also "heard" that it could be from a lack of some vitamin or something...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #162
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
That sucks! I've also "heard" that it could be from a lack of some vitamin or something...
That I'm not sure of... maybe vitamin E, but I'm not an expert in these things.

Believe me, I did everything I could during my pregnancies to try and avoid getting stretch marks.. anti-stretch mark lotions, oils, tried to avoid scratching my belly, etc., ad nauseum... in the end I still got them bad.

Probably didn't help that my kids were practically born fully grown.. 9lbs 4oz for the first, 8lbs 5 oz the second...

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #163
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
Stretch marks and "cottage cheese" as someone put it aren't really all that disgusting to me. The health and over all make up of a person is what determine s their attractiveness to me. A lot of it has to do with genetics and women and men do not store their fat the same way. A women at 125 lbs can have cellulite, but men at 400 lbs don't.

Minor physical imperfections aren't disgusting to me. Overly critical people are....
Sooo... physical appearance has nothing to do with your choice of mate? I find that hard to believe. Everyone has some physical hot button, whether it be teeth, weight, muscles, height, eyes, hair, skin color, acne, etc. I honestly believe that people have a right to evaluate potential mates using whatever criteria they choose.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #164
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
That I'm not sure of... maybe vitamin E, but I'm not an expert in these things.

Believe me, I did everything I could during my pregnancies to try and avoid getting stretch marks.. anti-stretch mark lotions, oils, tried to avoid scratching my belly, etc., ad nauseum... in the end I still got them bad.

Probably didn't help that my kids were practically born fully grown.. 9lbs 4oz for the first, 8lbs 5 oz the second...

Yea I was 10 lbs 13 oz myself. At least my Mom was almost 6' tall... you're a little thing aren't you?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #165
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Sooo... physical appearance has nothing to do with your choice of mate? I find that hard to believe. Everyone has some physical hot button, whether it be teeth, weight, muscles, height, eyes, hair, skin color, acne, etc. I honestly believe that people have a right to evaluate potential mates using whatever criteria they choose.

Don't forget the most important..... size of wallet.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #166
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Don't forget the most important..... size of wallet.
Suzy, "So how did your date go last night, what was he like?"

Mary, "He was nice and I really liked the HUGE bulge he had in his pants!"

Suzy, "You SLUT! So I guess this guy has a big dick, huh?"

Mary, "How would I know? I'm talking about his wallet!!!"

Yes I just made that bit of comedic genius up all by myself!!! Thank you, thank you!!!

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 06-10-2009 at 03:02 PM..
Old 06-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #167
Archren
Sham WOW

Quote:
Yea I was 10 lbs 13 oz myself. At least my Mom was almost 6' tall... you're a little thing aren't you?
5'6".. but my baby belly only went forward, hardly at all to the sides. Like, if you saw me from behind and didn't know me, you wouldn't know I was preggo. It wasn't until I turned sideways that the belly eclipsed the sun.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."

-Dr. Seuss
Old 06-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #168
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
5'6".. but my baby belly only went forward, hardly at all to the sides. Like, if you saw me from behind and didn't know me, you wouldn't know I was preggo. It wasn't until I turned sideways that the belly eclipsed the sun.
Haha! So you had the ping pong ball attached to a pencil thing going? Wow, that's hot!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #169
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
My wife watches that god damn John and Kate plus 8 show. In the beginning there is a picture of her belly when she was 9 months pregnant with the 6 babies. I bet her belly looks like a well used bean bag chair now.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #170
Archren
Sham WOW

Quote:
Haha! So you had the ping pong ball attached to a pencil thing going? Wow, that's hot!
More like a freaking basketball!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
My wife watches that god damn John and Kate plus 8 show. In the beginning there is a picture of her belly when she was 9 months pregnant with the 6 babies. I bet her belly looks like a well used bean bag chair now.
Oh yeah, I saw that. She got a tummy tuck (care of some rich plastic surgeon's wife who donated her husband's services to Kate).

-Dr. Seuss