Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #161
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=5010
Yeah-fourth pic down (full sleeves and leg) is too far.
I can't see this link.

When I met my husband, I was 25 going on 26 and he said the same about me - not ever been married and no kids. I do have a tattoo and he doesn't really approve but nothing he can do about it now. I had it before we were married.

There is someone out there, just a matter of time and don't worry about the age thing. You shouldn't rush something just because you are going to be 30.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #162
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
I can't see this link.

When I met my husband, I was 25 going on 26 and he said the same about me - not ever been married and no kids. I do have a tattoo and he doesn't really approve but nothing he can do about it now. I had it before we were married.

There is someone out there, just a matter of time and don't worry about the age thing. You shouldn't rush something just because you are going to be 30.
darkalley
Old 01-08-2009, 04:27 AM   #163
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

People say "get over the ink", well why don't women get over the height thing? I'd say maybe only 10% of guys would object to girls with tatoos, but probably 70-80% of women would object to a man who isn't taller than them.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:01 AM   #164
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
People say "get over the ink", well why don't women get over the height thing? I'd say maybe only 10% of guys would object to girls with tatoos, but probably 70-80% of women would object to a man who isn't taller than them.
but they're not the ones complaining about being single or the problem with finding a quality guy... or they'd get the same response... at least from me.

I look back at when I was 20 or so and look at the "no go's" for me... and it makes me laugh as to why that would ever fuck'n matter...

I'm still picky ass hell... but there really isn't anything that doesn't have to do with their personality that's a no-go.

but truthfully he has every right to say hell no to Ink... I just think he's missing out on a lot of "prospects" over something trivial.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:12 AM   #165
Gnome
small and beardy

Moto: My GSX1400

I don't see what the problem with 'ink' is. I kinda class it as racist, both my wife and I have many tattoo's and have argued the point with many people over the years, what does the 'colour of my skin' (tats) have to do with who I am or what I am capable of doing?

.DAVID.

Excuse me - do you mind if I ask why you DON'T have any Tattoo's
Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:40 AM   #166
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
I don't see what the problem with 'ink' is. I kinda class it as racist, both my wife and I have many tattoo's and have argued the point with many people over the years, what does the 'colour of my skin' (tats) have to do with who I am or what I am capable of doing?

.DAVID.

Excuse me - do you mind if I ask why you DON'T have any Tattoo's
I wouldn't say it's kinda racist... he's not saying they're not quality people... it's just a feature he doesn't find attractive...

like say cankles, a valley girl sense of humor, or a prostitutes view on sex... it's not an attractive quality. it's not make'n a judgment call about the PERSON... where being Racist is stereotyping people based on their race...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:47 AM   #167
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

When and where I grew up, tattoos weren't as prevalent among "respectable folks" and I can understand why some people might still view them that way.
I, however, have adapted my views on such things because of my own experiences as well as the way tattoos and piercings have transcended the traditional class lines.
I happen to like tastefully done ink on ladies and I certainly hope they won't mind mine either.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:00 AM   #168
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
You have a point there and I would even take it a step further. I've spoken to a fair number of women who not only say that they want a guy who is taller than they are, they actually say that they want a guy who is at least 6 feet tall. That just strikes me as bizarre, especially when the girl is five-nothing.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:08 AM   #169
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Wow, Dova. Your thread's theme has now become about tattoos.

Even though I have tats and may or may not *think* his preference(s) may be a little picky, I think we all have our own hidden preferences for any relationship, even friendships. Leave him be about the ink he doesn't care for, or the premade family he doesn't want. He'll either eventually find his perfect mate or 20 years later he'll wonder why he was being so picky. Or maybe not.

For the record, I think preferences about a relationship should be less about what a person has (ink, kids, job, a 1098, etc) and be more about how a person is a human: honest, communicates well, has desires in life that are compatible with yours, etc. Ink, piercings, and anything that's on the outside should be the least of preferences.

And PC, for some reason I thought you were married.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:11 AM   #170
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Oh HELL no. I guess I'm too picky
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote