Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders > Florida Riders

Old 12-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #1671
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

I don't have internet priviledges at work. Everything is blocked but 3 sites. We're not even supposed to have our phones in my area because of cameras on them. It's a security issue. But, I always take mine anyway and when the big dog and the tattletales leave, it's out of it's hiding spot.

I refuse to leave mine downstairs, especially since I can't always run down and check it. If I had not had my phone with me when I wasn't supposed to, I would have missed a very important call when my mom flatlined or when my son broke his arm. Fuck them. The phone stays with me.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:40 AM   #1672
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

I text a little bit at work, but normally we're so slammed and short handed that getting in a break to text is tough. I'll stop for a few minutes just to take a deep breath and pop out a few texts before diving back into the shit, and then catch up on my lunch, but normally everyone I know is asleep by then, so it's all reading and no responding.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #1673
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I text a little bit at work, but normally we're so slammed and short handed that getting in a break to text is tough. I'll stop for a few minutes just to take a deep breath and pop out a few texts before diving back into the shit, and then catch up on my lunch, but normally everyone I know is asleep by then, so it's all reading and no responding.
You work in the ER/ED don't you? I have a friend who works in ICU and he's rarely busy unless he's precepting. Then he still isn't, but doesn't want to show his preceptee bad habits.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 12-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #1674
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You work in the ER/ED don't you? I have a friend who works in ICU and he's rarely busy unless he's precepting. Then he still isn't, but doesn't want to show his preceptee bad habits.
Yup, ER registrar here. We're 100% bedside registration at our hospital, so the patient skips any kind of pre-registration in the waiting room and gets sent right back to the ER. We're just now hitting season, so there are nights where it's nonstop. And when I'm working, it's myself and one other registrar covering 26 rooms, plus three triage rooms, plus 6 treatment areas, Plus anyone they decided to stick on a bed in the hall in front of rooms, plus admissions, plus authorizations, plus transfers, plus hospice, plus phones. Add it all up and it's 12 hours of hectic chaos that leaves little time to text.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 12-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #1675
Hondahugger
Better Off

Quote:
I refuse to leave mine downstairs, especially since I can't always run down and check it. If I had not had my phone with me when I wasn't supposed to, I would have missed a very important call when my mom flatlined or when my son broke his arm. Fuck them. The phone stays with me.
I used to work for a company where you had to leave it turned off during the day. FUCK THAT! Same reasons as you, what if something happens?

The company I work for now, my phone sits on my desk right next to me and I text all day! but Spring is coming which means I'll barely have time to breath soon!
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #1676
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Yup, ER registrar here. We're 100% bedside registration at our hospital, so the patient skips any kind of pre-registration in the waiting room and gets sent right back to the ER. We're just now hitting season, so there are nights where it's nonstop. And when I'm working, it's myself and one other registrar covering 26 rooms, plus three triage rooms, plus 6 treatment areas, Plus anyone they decided to stick on a bed in the hall in front of rooms, plus admissions, plus authorizations, plus transfers, plus hospice, plus phones. Add it all up and it's 12 hours of hectic chaos that leaves little time to text.

It's understandable. For the most part, I'm not busy....but when I am, I can't even get up to go pee! And that's the truth! I've almost cried I had to go so bad before I could finally walk away for even a minute. No texting at that time for me either.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 12-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #1677
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
It's understandable. For the most part, I'm not busy....but when I am, I can't even get up to go pee! And that's the truth! I've almost cried I had to go so bad before I could finally walk away for even a minute. No texting at that time for me either.
Thankfully, this job is only temporary. At the end of the month I'm transfering out of registration and into the Unit Coordinator position in the ER. Besides working directly for the hospital instead of a subcontracted company and getting benefits finally, there's more staff on the hospital side, less bullshit, and I can finally wear scrubs instead of the noose and slacks get up. Now if only I could find the style of scrubs they wear on House...

Old 12-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #1678
Dova80
Canyon Carver

Moto: MV Agusta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondahugger View Post
after not getting a wink of sleep last night, I feel like the walking dead!
Its great isnt it! lol

We can make assumptions all day, and you know what they say about assuming. It means you're a fucking moron.
Dova80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #1679
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Hey! This thread is for 9pm-8am only
Old 12-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #1680
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Hey! This thread is for 9pm-8am only
I think we're picking up all shifts