Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-04-2008, 06:10 PM   #151
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezilla (Impala Balko) View Post
havent you taken a history class it clearly states it in the Constitution about separation of church and state.

The founding fathers originaly came over to escape Religous persecution so they would have the right to chose their own religion. Politicians cant and shouldnt cram religion down your throat.

and there is always debates about that too.
Whoa there! There is nothing in the Constitution that specifically guarantees the separation of church and state. I've read it. Google it and read it for yourself,don't repeat some other person's interpretation. The Constitution forbids the creation of a state run/sponsored religion. Pull a dollar out of your pocket and read it. I swore to God to protect this country and uphold the Constitution when I joined the Army. There isn't a separation of church and state in this country,period. Oh here...Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

In fact,it's my opinion that religion will become a LARGER part of the government in the future. A very large percentage of people who were apathetic towards religion were brought back on board after 9/11 and many Americans consider the war in Iraq/Afganistan to be a theological war already. Really look at Obama,half of his campaign problems/ issues revolved around religion. This country was created in religious beliefs,good luck rooting that out.

Militant atheists always crack me up as much as religious fanatics. Both groups are always going on about infringements on their right to worship/not worship when most of us don't give a fuck! It's not good enough that we don't try to force them to go to church or not. We have to eliminate all traces of God/religion from coming into contact with them! It just kills me!!!

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 09-04-2008 at 06:14 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:24 PM   #152
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Why are you trying to be an internet hero... If you want to "toss me a biscuit" Jersey isnt too far away tough guy.
ahh yes of course bash my faith and call me a hypocrite and of course its MY fault. 'course im not exactly a "good" christian since i did poke you a bit. lol anyway im off to more important things (riding) the internet is serious business
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:38 PM   #153
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

There is no freedom FROM religion. Only Freedom OF religion.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:42 PM   #154
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
It all matters on what your oppinion is on the matter on when it turns into a life... Pro Choice says any thing after 3 months or if the quality of life of the unborn is compromised (aka Mental retardation) it can be aborted late term... Pro Life says any kind of abortion is murder and the Bible says Masturbation and Premarital sex is murder because sex should only be used to procreate.
Wow. Where did you get those definitions?

I am Pro Choice. Hard Core, Pro Choice. I believe in having the CHOICE. It doesn't mean that I am pro abortion in any manner. There is nothing that states when I have to decide that it is anything more than a parasite, life, soul, living or whatever.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:34 PM   #155
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
exactly... just outside of Anchorage between Wasilla and Anchorage is the Knick river. they go out there drink shoot off guns and fuck...

can't blame them... I'd have been clinically insane before my junior year
I figured that. I've been in small towns through Georgia and have family through out rural Georgia. They get knocked up at 17, married at 18 and get a double wide on some land their dad owns. It's all they know out there and when I have hung out there all there is to do is shoot guns, drink, and bang (My cousins aren't that cool so throw that joke out).

As for Palin. She seems too conservative (Morals and such but big deal) but there is one thing about her. She was elected Govenor in the most Libertarian style state in the country. Seriously Alaska is a tough place and they aren't known for wanting federal help. The people are going to vote in someone who is going to leave them alone. Palin did it somehow.

As for her experience. I think Obama keeps forgetting she was not just a mayor of a small town but a freaking govenor (which is what Clinton, Bush sr, Bush jr, Reagon, Carter, and a few others where). I think Nixon and Ford(VP to P when Nixon resigned) where HOR and Senate along with JFK. That was how many years ago?

I liked this...
Old 09-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #156
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Wow. Where did you get those definitions?

I am Pro Choice. Hard Core, Pro Choice. I believe in having the CHOICE. It doesn't mean that I am pro abortion in any manner. There is nothing that states when I have to decide that it is anything more than a parasite, life, soul, living or whatever.
exactly.
im hardcore pro choice, cuz ill never have to make that choice, and because who am i (or any1 else) to tell some1 else what to do with their body?

i guess i really just dont care either way, but whenever some topics come up, logically the support for the retarded side usually makes no sense. just emotional support, and it confuses me to all hell that normal thinking ppl can throw logic out the window for emotion.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #157
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
playing devils advocate... but if that embryo will result in a human if not aborted... at what point is it not a life? how is it not murder? it's killing a life before it begins

look at it this way... if you place a dam just before the city or way up the river... it still stops the water from reach'n the city... how does it matter where or when you do it?
if thats the case, arrest me now, cuz ive slaughtered billions. theres a good chance ill kill another million or so tonite hahaha
Old 09-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #158
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

This thread makes me Laugh...Alot. Out Loud.

Two things you should NEVER do with a group of people, Discuss Politics and Take Roofies...They both dont work out well.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #159
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

you can throw religion in with that
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #160
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Its supposed to be religion but I liked Roofies better.

Lol

i will say that if you base your knowledge off what CNN or FOXnews says your a Moron. The Media in this country is so Fucked and Jaded you barely know whats right/real anymore.