Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #141
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
What's so special about displacement? It seems that you're arguing that displacement is the be all of a bike, how about how much power it has vs how much it weighs?

That's all that matter to acceleration, hp and weight. Displacement is nowhere to be found in the equation of acceleration.

So if the buell had the same power to weight and beat a 600, well it did go faster, didn't it?

These guys were bragging that Buell was beating the Japanese inline four's at their on game and that's BS...the game/rules are being changed to accomodate the horsepower deprived Buells...they aren't beating anyone at "their own game" imho.

Well then let's just add weight to all 600's and take some more weight off of the Buells and add some weight to the literbikes and the Ducati 1098/1198's and throw them all in the same class...no need for seperate classes I guess if it's just all about power to weight ?

Yeah I know...that's rediculas...same as I feel about the Buells being in a class with 600's. Oh well we'll see what the future holds...maybe Buell will get competitive in the big boys class like Ducati and we won't be having this debate.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #142
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Ok homos.. I haven't even read it yet. Just saw a link...

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/03june09_das_mdstyle.htm

Compares the 1125 to the 600s..
Thanks homo...looks interesting and I'll read it here in a few when I get the chance.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #143
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Thanks homo...looks interesting and I'll read it here in a few when I get the chance.
Well I'm not a fucking homo but I did read the article and they've concluded that the Buell doesn't have any real advantage so it's a fair series... Even I have to admit that the recent results tend to be consistent with this pov. Of course it then shows that Buell needs twice as many cc's be competitive. So if Buell is ever to compete in Superbike, it will have to be on a 2000cc bike... I'm just kidding and I have to admit that this is a lose/lose situation for Buell... If they win, they had an unfair advantage, if they lose, they suck for getting beat by 600s...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #144
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Huh? I don't have anything "personal" against Buell. In fact, I wanted one really bad when they first came out, at least until I rode one... I'm still waiting for them to produce a bike that is comparable to what I ride now. When they do that, I will be proud to own an "American" bike again!

BTW as far as the "American" thing goes, you're the one that brought it up. I don't care if Buell was made in Timbuktu, it's still bullshit to allow them to race that bike in that class imho. That's the point of this entire thread, not where they are made. You, sir, are the one that made this into an "American pride" issue not me! I have served this country, what have you done for her besides buy a bike that was assembled here?
Dude, you don't know me or what I've done. Jackass.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #145
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Dude, you don't know me or what I've done. Jackass.
That's why that was a question.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #146
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Well I'm not a fucking homo but I did read the article and they've concluded that the Buell doesn't have any real advantage so it's a fair series... Even I have to admit that the recent results tend to be consistent with this pov. Of course it then shows that Buell needs twice as many cc's be competitive. So if Buell is ever to compete in Superbike, it will have to be on a 2000cc bike... I'm just kidding and I have to admit that this is a lose/lose situation for Buell... If they win, they had an unfair advantage, if they lose, they suck for getting beat by 600s...
Ducati was doing it with 750s.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:44 PM   #147
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Ducati was doing it with 750s.
They're still doing it with 850s...
Old 06-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #148
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:

I must apologize to all Buell 1125R's and their owners. I did not realilze that when you walk into a dealership and displayed on both sides of the bike in large print "1125R" which would make the average person think wow...big bike that races with the big dogs... doesn't really mean this at all.

Come to find out that when you buy one you get one of these in the dealer packet and when you show up at a bikenight you must display this and are allowed to park in the Handicapped spaces ? Heard it on the net...must be true.

Standard issue with Buell 1125R ?

Old 06-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #149
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

repped
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #150
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post

I must apologize to all Buell 1125R's and their owners. I did not realilze that when you walk into a dealership and displayed on both sides of the bike in large print "1125R" which would make the average person think wow...big bike that races with the big dogs... doesn't really mean this at all.
Right, Your R1 and Ben's are the same!

On the otherhand The bike Ducati races sells for about $40,000, plus whatever they spend to get it ready for Haga.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote