1 of my cars fit in the garage 7 17.50%
WTF is a garage 6 15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2009, 10:59 AM   #141
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Ed playing a race card

I have my Tundra in the driveway. I have two motorcycles at the house - two more at the track. The Mini has it's own garage and the two motorcycles at home share the two car garage with our International Scout project - well, and 6 bicycles that won't fit in their room in the house.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:01 AM   #142
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post

wanna guess what race? and where from?

If the cars are all dented....Must be a chinese woman in there somewhere

Old 04-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #143
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

thats my mom, can't pull her lexo outta the garage w/o taking out a mirror.......don't know why they have fixed side mirrors.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #144
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
A $40K+ car that only gets used once a week is a little different than an $8K race bike. At least with the bike it's an actual hobby that is part of your personal identity and goals. What is a church car accomplishing?

Let's say they sell that church car 2 years from now, they lose say $15K on its value......That same $15K could have gone into their kids college fund, or better yet it could have been spent on a nice vacation that would actually be remembered forever, unlike a church car.
The motorcycles aren't part of a personal identity or 'lifestyle.' They are unnecessary toys, just like a sunday driver. They will always be that no matter who has them unless you are one of those very few people who don't own a cage at all and the motorcycle is your source of transportation daily/year round.

Some people like nice things, if they can afford it (let's not go into the people who can't and buy anyway), who are you to judge them on how they spend it. I think a lot of people have cars they don't need, but should I make fun of them for it? I have a used beat up 2000 civic stock with no power anything. It runs fine, gets great gas mileage. I think most people with SUVs or Trucks or just even newer or more expensive cars don't need them at all. They could take a page out of my book and buy an older reliable vehicle just to get them from A to B instead of trying to compete with the Jones'. So should I make fun of the people on this board who have newer BMWs/porsches/vettes/pretty much any nice car that is overkill for their needs.

Quote:
The GX is an incredibly stupid daily-driver.......If he never tows anything he should get rid of it and just use the Merc
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
merc is like 5-6 mos old.......i guess the GX is older.

then there's the single mom w/ 2 kids and a avalon and Landcruiser/GX470 that never gets driven.

weird people in my 'hood

wanna guess what race? and where from?
I think most people's cars are stupid daily drivers, yet they have them anyway. Stop worrying about the Jones'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #145
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
A $40K+ car that only gets used once a week is a little different than an $8K race bike. At least with the bike it's an actual hobby that is part of your personal identity and goals. What is a church car accomplishing?

Let's say they sell that church car 2 years from now, they lose say $15K on its value......That same $15K could have gone into their kids college fund, or better yet it could have been spent on a nice vacation that would actually be remembered forever, unlike a church car.
Meh-I've got a car that's just for track days. Usually people that have disposable income vehicles have enough for the other things as well.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #146
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
So should I make fun of the people on this board who have newer BMWs/porsches/vettes/pretty much any nice car that is overkill for their needs.
Was I doing that? I was merely making fun of the concept of a church car. Feel free to spend as much as you want on a car, as long as you use it a lot. But blowing $40K on a "church car" that only gets used 1 hour a week does not seem very intelligent unless you're pulling down CEO-type salary.

I happen to think most Americans make stupid financial decisions, and I reserve the right to make fun of them when I see fit. I see people on this board making fun of others for every other type of reason, including some that are outside their control, like being retarded or handicapped, so I don't see why what I'm doing is so bad.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #147
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The motorcycles aren't part of a personal identity or 'lifestyle.' They are unnecessary toys, just like a sunday driver.
Like I said, the race bike is one of your hobbies that you derive great enjoyment from.......And if you weren't into bikes, you'd blow the same amount of money on another hobby, as would any of us. But a church car isn't someone's hobby..... it's a waste IMO. There is a difference between a nice Sunday drive in a good sports car, and a mere 20-minute drive to church in a nice car just so you can impress your fellow churchgoers.

Last edited by Homeslice; 04-28-2009 at 11:29 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #148
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

Quote:
Originally Posted by seDUCtive View Post
I guess I am the odd person out. I feel like your garages are for your cars first and foremost. That is why they are called garages and not a 2 or three stall storage place. I have neighbors that have three car garages and don't have ANY cars (or bikes) in them...
so should I have 4 cars outside or 17 bikes....

There's only bike paraphanalia in the garage and it's (mostly) in bins and in the storage rafters.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #149
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
Was I doing that? I was merely making fun of the concept of a church car. Feel free to spend as much as you want on a car, as long as you use it a lot. But blowing $40K on a "church car" that only gets used 1 hour a week does not seem very intelligent unless you're pulling down CEO-type salary.

I happen to think most Americans make stupid financial decisions, and I reserve the right to make fun of them when I see fit. I see people on this board making fun of others for every other type of reason, including some that are outside their control, like being retarded or handicapped, so I don't see why what I'm doing is so bad.
Cause your shit don't make sense.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #150
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Some people like nice things, if they can afford it (let's not go into the people who can't and buy anyway), who are you to judge them on how they spend it.
Kind of like hating those who live in a house with a 3 car garage or in a gated community?

Sorry man, but you've made it clear you drive by hoity toity neighborhoods with your middle finger raised high in salute

If I've read your replies wrong.....let me know