Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #141
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
it's all music... just not good music.... IMO... even that shit 50Cent makes... it may have less tallent behind it than a 3rd grader playing the recorder... but still music

Whatever,let me know when any of you Rap haters make your first platinum record. I believe that everyone has a right to listen to what they want but some of you will admit,you lind of blind sided rap for no apparent reason here...we were talking about Etta James/Beyonce' and all of a sudden here comes the anti-rap posts....wtf? hell,I can't stand jazz! At least that would be Germain considering that Etta James was considered a jazz singer. Neither of them perform Rap btw...

Oh and if you crackers think that rap doesn't require any talent/skill...let's have a Karaoke Challenge during the rally!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #142
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

no... I didn't say rap doesn't take tallent... just don't like 50cent. I can appreciate that they have more musical tallent than I do... but as I have NONE... that doesn't mean much

like I said... I like some rap... just don't care for what I've heard of the newer stuff.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #143
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
no... I didn't say rap doesn't take tallent... just don't like 50cent. I can appreciate that they have more musical tallent than I do... but as I have NONE... that doesn't mean much

like I said... I like some rap... just don't care for what I've heard of the newer stuff.

Awww...come on I want to have a Karaoke Challenge!!! Stand your fucking ground man!!! Seriously,I think that Lil' Wayne writes all of his lyrics on the toilet! In his defense,I've often thought that about various rock groups as well...
Old 02-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #144
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

yeah... but I'd put Lil Wayne in Hip hop not rap... Hip Hop= teh suck

and you can have your Karaoke Challenge... unless your a masochist you don't want me singing
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #145
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Whatever,let me know when any of you Rap haters make your first platinum record. I believe that everyone has a right to listen to what they want but some of you will admit,you lind of blind sided rap for no apparent reason here...we were talking about Etta James/Beyonce' and all of a sudden here comes the anti-rap posts....wtf? hell,I can't stand jazz! At least that would be Germain considering that Etta James was considered a jazz singer. Neither of them perform Rap btw...

Oh and if you crackers think that rap doesn't require any talent/skill...let's have a Karaoke Challenge during the rally!
Yes, because a whole bunch of dumbass surburb wiggers buying crappy music with daddy's money really proves rap is good......

Ice skating requires talent/skill, I couldn't do it, and I still think it's not a sport and really gay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #146
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Yes, because a whole bunch of dumbass surburb wiggers buying crappy music with daddy's money really proves rap is good......

Ice skating requires talent/skill, I couldn't do it, and I still think it's not a sport and really gay.

Oh no not YOU again! Ok I understand that in your mind that if only 5 people buy album "A" and 100,000,000 buy album "B" that doesn't mean that album "B" is better...in fact,it seems that in your mind that makes album "B" intrinsically crap because it is POPular. I understand,shit I used to follow the same line for years! I hated any Pop,Rap,Hip Hop,R&B that was put out! I absolutely only listened to Rock,Heavy Metal,Alternative,etc. I've since endeavored to expand my musical tastes and I listen to some "Urban" music primarily in the car.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #147
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Oh no not YOU again! Ok I understand that in your mind that if only 5 people buy album "A" and 100,000,000 buy album "B" that doesn't mean that album "B" is better...in fact,it seems that in your mind that makes album "B" intrinsically crap because it is POPular. I understand,shit I used to follow the same line for years! I hated any Pop,Rap,Hip Hop,R&B that was put out! I absolutely only listened to Rock,Heavy Metal,Alternative,etc. I've since endeavored to expand my musical tastes and I listen to some "Urban" music primarily in the car.
I have already admitted to listening to some POPular music. Not all of it is bad. I just think rap is terrible. As is a lot of music that is popular. Hannah Montana sells insane amount of music and crap, does that mean her music is the best thing since slice bread? Fuck no, it's crap sold to a bunch of preteen moronic girls.

Harley Davidson is popular, does that mean it's so much better than the jap cruisers out there?
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #148
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I have already admitted to listening to some POPular music. Not all of it is bad. I just think rap is terrible. As is a lot of music that is popular. Hannah Montana sells insane amount of music and crap, does that mean her music is the best thing since slice bread? Fuck no, it's crap sold to a bunch of preteen moronic girls.

Harley Davidson is popular, does that mean it's so much better than the jap cruisers out there?

M A Y B E . . . . . I mean are the masses ALWAYS wrong,Trip?
Old 02-10-2009, 07:27 PM   #149
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
M A Y B E . . . . . I mean are the masses ALWAYS wrong,Trip?
No, that is why I said I listen to some POPular music, but generally people don't know what's best for them. That's why people are stupid.
Quote:
Old 02-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #150
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
No, that is why I said I listen to some POPular music.

Ok so if you listen to it,it's ok but if not it's crap? Well,I respect your right to your opinion. There's a lot of music that I don't like but I can almost always find something in it to admire. The difficulty of of certain guitar piece,the vocal range of the singer,how they strung the beats together in an insanely fast piece of techno,the way they transitioned from a crescendo to a lull,the irony of a Rap lyric...