Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #131
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Small 10 commish is the reason we don't have a playoff system. I will forever hate every team in the small 10 for that reason alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #132
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Moto: 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 07 GSXR 750, 07 Harley Davidson Night Train

Got a system. Its just screwed up.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:52 PM   #133
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps84 View Post
Got a system. Its just screwed up.
the operative word in his post was PLAYOFF... the system we have isn't a playoff... it's bowls... it's crap... and it's a waste of time...

but it makes money... and that's why we have it.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:07 AM   #134
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
the operative word in his post was PLAYOFF... the system we have isn't a playoff... it's bowls... it's crap... and it's a waste of time...

but it makes money... and that's why we have it.
And it plays to the favor of teams that can't survive a grueling schedule of tough opponents. A team from a weak conference can go undefeated without playing anyone and pull off an upset to win the national title while only playing maybe one decent team depending on how other top notch teams fare and who has the better record at the end. So say a person who is in charge of a weak conference would rather a bowl system that would give his teams a greater chance of surviving.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #135
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

that and there are never any cinderella teams... as it is there's upsets every weekend... it'd be like March madness... only in December and January
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #136
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I'd rather have a playoff too. But fuck...a commish of one conference doesn't mean he's echoing the sentatments of every team. And if he is I dont give a fuck. State Pen, Little 10...you guys are so creative with your cliche's. Move on, ladies.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:31 AM   #137
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I'd rather have a playoff too. But fuck...a commish of one conference doesn't mean he's echoing the sentatments of every team. And if he is I dont give a fuck. State Pen, Little 10...you guys are so creative with your cliche's. Move on, ladies.
You shouldn't like this guy either, Joe Pa has called for a playoff and he told him to fuck off. Jim Delany is an asshat, however no one in power will stand up to him.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...yhoo&type=lgns

Quote:
But as he has done with the public outcry, Delany largely has ignored the coaches' call for a playoff. He readily admits a playoff could be good for Division I-A football at large but quickly adds, "I don't work for college football at large."
Quote:
Old 10-21-2008, 10:32 AM   #138
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Who said I liked him?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #139
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

I stick to my teams through thick and thin.

University of Georgia and the Atlanta Falcons. I am a huge fan of SEC for sure.

Georgia has been a contender in the past couple of years but they aren't playing quite well this season. Most of their wins have been earned in what appeared to be crappy games. And jesus, the shitville UGA game was horrid. 31-0 at the end of the first half was shameful. They came back to make up a large portion of that deficit but we need that second half team all year lond.

Falcons are working their way up from what was a HORRID season last year with so many issues plaguing them. Matt Ryan seems to be doing quite well for his rookie year and I think we will eventually have a team to be proud of.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #140
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
I stick to my teams through thick and thin.

University of Georgia and the Atlanta Falcons. I am a huge fan of SEC for sure.

Georgia has been a contender in the past couple of years but they aren't playing quite well this season. Most of their wins have been earned in what appeared to be crappy games. And jesus, the shitville UGA game was horrid. 31-0 at the end of the first half was shameful. They came back to make up a large portion of that deficit but we need that second half team all year lond.

Falcons are working their way up from what was a HORRID season last year with so many issues plaguing them. Matt Ryan seems to be doing quite well for his rookie year and I think we will eventually have a team to be proud of.
A high school buddy of mine played ball for the Bulldogs.

Quote: