Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #131
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
One was for no seat belt.

I was wearing my belt until after the vehicle was in park and engine off, I then unbuckled it to reach into the glove box.

I explained that to the officer. I offered to let him drive the truck to hear the annoying chime that WILL NOT go away until the belt is buckled. His answer was that "It wasn't on when I walked up to your window."

Number two was for no proof of insurance.

I had my insurance card, I noticed that is was expired as I handed it to the officer. Showing respect, I mentioned it to him. I also mentioned that I was in the middle of a move and hadn't gotten the new card yet.

As he was running my info, I went through the mail I had just picked up from the old house. My new insurance card was in it!!! I gave it to the officer as proof that I was current. His response: "I've already started the ticket, just pay it, it's not a big deal."

C'mon Ed, all riders are at fault.

Tell me where I was wrong...
sounds like he had a hard on.....was the ins. ticket eventually dismissed?

btw, i sit there w/ my seatbelt on, hands on steering wheel till he tells me to get the ins. then do as he says......
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #132
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
well if your ins. is expired it's expired. or if you don't have it on you , you don't. in tx we call them fix-it tickets, goto the courthouse w/ your ins. papers and get it dropped.

now if you get an "unsafe" lane change ticket thats an opinion ticket.......your word vs the cops......and people are always "not guilty"......troof!
Completley missed my point on this one ED. expired paper work is expired paperwork, my bike got towed because of an expired inspection, it was a shitty thing for them to do but I am the only one to blame for that ( I honestly thought my insp was up to date but was wrong)

Several years ago we were out riding and I was on a friends bike hwy cop going the other way sees my 2 friends ahead ( I got hung up in traffic) anyway he arrests us for doing 105 in a 50, now i have broken the speed limit and been well up into triple digits in the past but was luck if I borke 80 that whole day. We had lawyers and fought it and even poked holes in the troopers story and the judge didnt want to hear it. So pardon me if I am not a fan of the NYC HWY police ( theyre a separate branch from regular NYPD)
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #133
shmike
Follower

Quote:
sounds like he had a hard on.....was the ins. ticket eventually dismissed?

btw, i sit there w/ my seatbelt on, hands on steering wheel till he tells me to get the ins. then do as he says......

Yes.

I still had to take time out of my day to go to the courthouse and pay some kind of processing fee.

I have a similar routine: engine off, windows down, interior lights on, hands on wheel.

If popo takes 5 minutes to get to my door, I'll have license and registration ready.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #134
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
It was 0 points.

Not worth the time or money to fight it.

I have a similar routine: engine off, windows down, interior lights on, hands on wheel.

If popo takes 5 minutes to get to my door, I'll have license and registration ready.
Hmmm... I've "beaten" those by just going to the courthouse and showing my proof of insurance to a clerk... could be different in your state though...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #135
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Several years ago we were out riding and I was on a friends bike hwy cop going the other way sees my 2 friends ahead ( I got hung up in traffic) anyway he arrests us for doing 105 in a 50, now i have broken the speed limit and been well up into triple digits in the past but was luck if I borke 80 that whole day. We had lawyers and fought it and even poked holes in the troopers story and the judge didnt want to hear it. So pardon me if I am not a fan of the NYC HWY police ( theyre a separate branch from regular NYPD)
hang out w/ diff friends.......i did and my LEO envolvement dropped alot......

you've done the crime, then you paid the price. oh well.

i got popped at 100mph when going cross country, it was $300. all part of the game IMO. it was in AZ and it wasn't worth trying to fight it across state lines.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #136
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hmmm... I've "beaten" those by just going to the courthouse and showing my proof of insurance to a clerk... could be different in your state though...
You're right.

The ins. ticket was waived.

The zero points was regarding the seatbelt.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #137
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
hang out w/ diff friends.......i did and my LEO envolvement dropped alot......

you've done the crime, then you paid the price. oh well.

i got popped at 100mph when going cross country, it was $300. all part of the game IMO. it was in AZ and it wasn't worth trying to fight it across state lines.
I actually agree with this...

Quote:
You're right.

The ins. ticket was waived.

The zero points was regarding the seatbelt.
Oh my bad!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #138
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Yes.

I still had to take time out of my day to go to the courthouse and pay some kind of processing fee.

you had to goto the courthouse for the other 2 ? was the processing fee higher, cuz of that ins. ticket? or 1 price covered it all.

and so cop has a ticket form, his last "offense" on that form is your ins. and you come back to him w/ your good papers, he's almost finished and he knows you'll beat it........i'm sure everybody here would do the right thing and fill out a whole new form.

maybe its me, but i've never had a really bad run in w/ the cops......and i used to get alot of tickets, all deserved. of course i gave my excuse and batted my eyes, either i was let go or got my ticket and went on my merry way.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #139
shmike
Follower

Quote:
you had to goto the courthouse for the other 2 ? was the processing fee higher, cuz of that ins. ticket? or 1 price covered it all.

and so cop has a ticket form, his last "offense" on that form is your ins. and you come back to him w/ your good papers, he's almost finished and he knows you'll beat it........i'm sure everybody here would do the right thing and fill out a whole new form.

maybe its me, but i've never had a really bad run in w/ the cops......and i used to get alot of tickets, all deserved. of course i gave my excuse and batted my eyes, either i was let go or got my ticket and went on my merry way.
Retype that in English and I'll respond.

I had to physically go to the courthouse to show my insurance card. The same card I showed the officer.

I'm not sure what else you are asking.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #140
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Retype that in English and I'll respond.

I had to physically go to the courthouse to show my insurance card.

I'm not sure what else you are asking.
you had to goto the courthouse for the other 2 ?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.