Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #131
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Just a question, you didn't buy into the motorcyclist lifestyle? You ride solely to feel the wind in your face? Because, if you didn't buy into a lifestyle, why are you on THE KING liter bike? Especially when you say you don't ride hard anymore..

I started riding when I was young because it was a natural progression from bikes for me. A motorcycle was cheap, economical transportation for a poor halfbreed trying to make his way alone in the world at 16 (both of my parents were dead). I got an old MX250 off a guy for mowing his lawn and fixed it up myself to get it running (man it was a pos). Later when I was in the military, I bought a used Harley (pos) then a new 883 (pos) and then a 1200 (also a pos!). I got an Uncle's Yamaha and it was over for HD in my life! I've been riding liter+ bikes since the early 80s so I guess that's what I'm used to... to be honest, I don't even think about it. I suppose that I could live with a smaller bike but in all honesty, I always end up buying the liter, partially because, well a 600 costs 10+k and a 1000 costs about 11k so.... In fact, I seriously thought about the 750 but I actually got my bike for over $1,000 less. I never bought into a "lifestyle" though... Oh and I've had this bike for 4 years, my slowing down was partially brought on by throat cancer year before last so the two things aren't necessarily connected.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #132
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
Actually I think it's quite ironic you say that.

And yes, I had a 69 Dodge Coronet RT with a 440 6-pack with headers, electronic ignition, a big cam, 3.91 gears and 10.5" M&H StreetMasters DOT approved 'slicks'.

Yes
Nice car

That makes about as much sense as putting a 150lbs fighter in the ring that can bench press 300 lbs with a 300lbs fighter that can bench 600lbs. Same logic, the strength to weight ratio is the same.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #133
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You guys are hilarious. Who fucking cares what I buy and who makes it. Not me. I bought the Buell because it's an awesome street bike...and is marketed as such. It's what I like. I dont give a fuck if you like or not and I dont care what the race results are for Buell or any other company.

I will certainly root for them, not because I ride one, but because of Erik Buell. He's a good guy, a Pennsylvanian too, and he's put in a ton of hard work and dedication to get where he is today. I can get behind a guy like him.

I didn't buy my bike soley because it's made in America, and I didn't buy anything else I own because it's made here or there.

Some of you fuckers, ass rapers like Tigger especially, will just beat up on Buell and talk shit on them for any reason. If they went out tomorrow and raced in WSBK and won there would be a barage of shit about them.
You obviously aren't listening, so let me repeat my main points for you:

1. I don't hate Buells. I think they make great STREETbikes, and I'm particularly fond of the XB12S.

2. I have a lot of respect for Erik and what he's trying to do, but he's doing it wrong wrt racing.

3. I've said it like nine times in this thread already, but here it is again: the Buell should be in Superbike. Any Buell owner bragging about the 1125 being competitive in Supersport is the equivalent of Tigger bragging that he's doing pretty well in a 5th grade basketball league.

I will respect the Buell "racing" effort when they are competitive in Superbike. Until then, they are an insult to the sport, and both Buell and DMG should be fucking ashamed of themselves.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #134
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Nice car

That makes about as much sense as putting a 150lbs fighter in the ring that can bench press 300 lbs with a 300lbs fighter that can bench 600lbs. Same logic, the strength to weight ratio is the same.
When the motorcycles start punching each other in the face, then you might be onto something.

E for effort.. No more, no less.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #135
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Nice car

Well if boxing and racing were the same, I'd see you point.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #136
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You guys are hilarious. Who fucking cares what I buy and who makes it. Not me. I bought the Buell because it's an awesome street bike...and is marketed as such. It's what I like. I dont give a fuck if you like or not and I dont care what the race results are for Buell or any other company.

I will certainly root for them, not because I ride one, but because of Erik Buell. He's a good guy, a Pennsylvanian too, and he's put in a ton of hard work and dedication to get where he is today. I can get behind a guy like him.

I didn't buy my bike soley because it's made in America, and I didn't buy anything else I own because it's made here or there.

Some of you fuckers, ass rapers like Tigger especially, will just beat up on Buell and talk shit on them for any reason. If they went out tomorrow and raced in WSBK and won there would be a barage of shit about them.
Huh? I don't have anything "personal" against Buell. In fact, I wanted one really bad when they first came out, at least until I rode one... I'm still waiting for them to produce a bike that is comparable to what I ride now. When they do that, I will be proud to own an "American" bike again!

BTW as far as the "American" thing goes, you're the one that brought it up. I don't care if Buell was made in Timbuktu, it's still bullshit to allow them to race that bike in that class imho. That's the point of this entire thread, not where they are made. You, sir, are the one that made this into an "American pride" issue not me! I have served this country, what have you done for her besides buy a bike that was assembled here?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #137
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
When the motorcycles start punching each other in the face, then you might be onto something.

E for effort.. No more, no less.
Damn, you were 1 minute faster....
Old 06-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #138
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
Damn, you were 1 minute faster....
My gf always says the same thing...
Old 06-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #139
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
3. I've said it like nine times in this thread already, but here it is again: the Buell should be in Superbike. Any Buell owner bragging about the 1125 being competitive in Supersport is the equivalent of Tigger bragging that he's doing pretty well in a 5th grade basketball league.

If he was as big as your averge 5th grader, No problem....
Old 06-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #140
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Ok homos.. I haven't even read it yet. Just saw a link...

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/03june09_das_mdstyle.htm

Compares the 1125 to the 600s..