Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #121
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Amen... case in point, 2002 National Championship. Ohio State vs Miami U. Ohio State huge underdogs. Less talented, I don't think so. Outcome... Go Bucks!!
Anyone remember when Florida and LSU were underdogs?

0 and 9 - ha ha bitches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #122
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

I don't like you anymore....

Oh and btw, LSU was favored last year...
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:34 PM   #123
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I don't like you anymore....

Oh and btw, LSU was favored last year...
were they, I figured they werent because I thought they were #2 last year

back to baseball

I am for whoever wins the series 4-0, so baseball is gone again and not taking up my sportscenter time
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #124
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

no shit. nothing more boring that baseball... except analizing baseball
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #125
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
no shit. nothing more boring that baseball... except analizing baseball
I used to hate baseball, but got started watching it a little 2 years ago. Last year, I started watching a ton with one of my good friends whose parents lived in Boston for most of their lives, obviously watching the Sox.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:44 PM   #126
Trip
Hold mah beer!

I liked baseball until the most recent strike, once the strike ended, so did my love of baseball.
Quote:
Old 10-21-2008, 09:11 PM   #127
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I used to hate baseball, but got started watching it a little 2 years ago. Last year, I started watching a ton with one of my good friends whose parents lived in Boston for most of their lives, obviously watching the Sox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I liked baseball until the most recent strike, once the strike ended, so did my love of baseball.
I played in HS... I was good... All state Honorable mention Freshman year... All state Pitcher and Third base Sophomore year... but just didn't enjoy it. it's a boring sport... not enough action for me.

I paid attention to the pro's when I played... but when I quit... I quit watching it too... now I'll go to a game live... just for the atmosphere... but the game itself is still boring to me but 100x better in person
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:32 PM   #128
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

The thing that makes baseball exciting is the history between any two teams. Whether it's old history or history about to be made, I love baseball. I don't look at it like "these two teams are playing like it's any other day". I look at it like "these two rivals are battling it out once again". The pace may be slow, but true fans still love it. It's great seeing the passion that some of these players have. Dustin Pedroia, for example. The dude is 5'9" and won rookie of the year last year. His second year in and he's going for MVP of the American League. That dude is one of the smallest players on the field, but he plays like he's one of the biggest. His love of the game is written on his forehead every time he steps out. He's fun as hell to watch.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:48 PM   #129
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
That dude is one of the smallest players on the field, but he plays like he's one of the biggest.
Heart. The best players have it.

What intrigues me about baseball is the intricasies that come with it. Its not about all the flash and show that comes with football and basketball. Being a former player... of just about every position, I notice everything. And its the small stuff that i like to focus on. The catcher throwing down the signs, the minor changes in a batters wrist angles reacting to different pitches, a perfectly turned double play/at what angle the mids cut to second/where the foot drags/how the ball comes out on the turn, a pop-slide, a barehand from third, bunt for a single, the manager spitting seeds, a perfectly yanked curveball...... I could go on and on for hours, but you get the point. Sometimes you have to look past the game to truely see what somethings all about.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #130
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Heart. The best players have it.

What intrigues me about baseball is the intricasies that come with it. Its not about all the flash and show that comes with football and basketball. Being a former player... of just about every position, I notice everything. And its the small stuff that i like to focus on. The catcher throwing down the signs, the minor changes in a batters wrist angles reacting to different pitches, a perfectly turned double play/at what angle the mids cut to second/where the foot drags/how the ball comes out on the turn, a pop-slide, a barehand from third, bunt for a single, the manager spitting seeds, a perfectly yanked curveball...... I could go on and on for hours, but you get the point. Sometimes you have to look past the game to truely see what somethings all about.
Those were the words I couldn't find. I'm with you 100%.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote