Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #121
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

[rant]
After talking to my mom AGAIN about bikes, she is convinced that everyone I know who rides a bike is just extremely lucky. I have explained to her numerous times that while bikes are more dangerous than cars, the fatality rate is high because you have alot of stupid people, mostly teens, that ride with their balls and not their brain. Still she insists that everyone who rides is endowed with extreme luck. If she only knew that dirtbike riding can be just as dangerous as street riding she would...well she would probably make me get rid of my dirtbike. I dont understand her logic tho: she will come home with more stories about people's kids being hurt on dirtbikes than people being hurt on streetbikes, and she just shrugs the dirtbike wrecks off like they're nothing. If she knew how some of the people I know ride I bet she would think again about letting me have a bike. It just makes me mad that she is so anti-streetbike...
[/rant]
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #122
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

honestly bro... I'd just start putting your money aside... show here that regardless, your getting a bike eventually... with or with out her help. make sure to show her that your being responsible about it...

I don't know your mom... but I can tell ya the way my mom things... first she worries about my safety... if she thinks it'll harm me she's completely against it... until I show her that I'm being responsible about going about it... (helps that her first husband rode)

and second... she worries about my finances... if it's a fad and it's gonna cost me a bunch she's dead set against it and won't help me to put myself in debt. Only way by this is to show her that it's not a fad... but a passion. that with or without her... I was gonna accomplish it... on the bike... she tried calling my bluff... it took me 6 years to actually purchase my first bike... but I got it.

She still worries about me but she's all for me riding now... as she see's that it truely is something I love.

the reason I'm saying this is... you may have to go it alone... ya can't get mad at your parents because they're not gonna help ya get into debt or put yourself in danger... both of which a motorcycle will do.

good luck though
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:05 PM   #123
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Good post ebbs.

My mom is the same way. She hates motorcycles, so all through high school and early college she would just shudder when I talked about getting one.
Once I finally did buy one, my parents didn't know about it until a year later. I rode to a place I knew they were going to be, and thats how I broke the news to them.
They are OK with me riding, but mom still worries about me all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #124
WARputer
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2005 Hayabusa

I guess I've always had it made ...both my parents have been bikers longer than I have. I think every male in the family tree has had a bike.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #125
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

mine are all work related...here goes...

My blood is absolutely boiling!! I am so angry at having to deal with incompetant companies!! Not only does their customer service suck, as in never returning or responding to voicemails or emails, but when you finally do get them on the phone they want to ARGUE with me!!! I am the CUSTOMER, even if I am wrong its their job to appease me!!! But not only am I not WRONG, I have WRITTEN proof as to our conversations, emails, voicemails, etc!!! And my memory is such that I can recall verbatim a conversation i had WEEKS AGO, pretty much word for word!!! And you want to ARGUE with ME!!!
And to top matters off, they are the ONLY company ANYWHERE that supplies what i need....
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:31 PM   #126
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Good post ebbs.

My mom is the same way. She hates motorcycles, so all through high school and early college she would just shudder when I talked about getting one.
Once I finally did buy one, my parents didn't know about it until a year later. I rode to a place I knew they were going to be, and thats how I broke the news to them.
They are OK with me riding, but mom still worries about me all the time.
My mom said once i turn 21 I can get one...thats almost 3 yrs away tho...Im going to sign up for the msf tonight. Maybe once I take it she will settle down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
mine are all work related...here goes...

My blood is absolutely boiling!! I am so angry at having to deal with incompetant companies!! Not only does their customer service suck, as in never returning or responding to voicemails or emails, but when you finally do get them on the phone they want to ARGUE with me!!! I am the CUSTOMER, even if I am wrong its their job to appease me!!! But not only am I not WRONG, I have WRITTEN proof as to our conversations, emails, voicemails, etc!!! And my memory is such that I can recall verbatim a conversation i had WEEKS AGO, pretty much word for word!!! And you want to ARGUE with ME!!!
And to top matters off, they are the ONLY company ANYWHERE that supplies what i need....
Don't get me started about company customer service...the people who do that for a living probably deal with retards all the time so they assume everyone is that way. Its still not right tho.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #127
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

my fuckin' husband is a bastard! he decided to take it upon himself to ruin my 5 year old neice's birthday party. he claims she was swinging a stick at my bike (but caused absolutely no damage whatsoever, as she didn't hit it) and came into the house swearing and flinging the F word about my neice. he had my 5 months pregnant sister in tears and my mom pissed off at him. needless to say, party was over. i swear, most times he is a useless, self-centered piece of shit. and he sux in bed too. why do i bother?! screw this, i'm gonna become a lesbian. men suck!

(no offense to you fine fellas here)

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #128
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

what, ? doesnt that sound like crazy actions of a mad man?

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #129
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

ouch... damn It that's cold blooded...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #130
upshift
Looing for a bike...