Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #121
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
my moto.......you're only guilty when found guilty........haven't been found guilty in a loong time......lol
I like it...

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #122
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I do the same.

When all of the above fails and you drive away with 3 tickets instead of the 1 you deserved, you feel disrespected.
That's when a lawyer and the court system should come into play.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #123
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT View Post
On the other hand, I don't ever think i've heard Racer say he "doesn't speed". So how is that a bad thing?
So you are ok with the limits being as they are, yet you guys break them every day. Do you think it really makes sense to have laws that are broken 90+ percent of the time? What do you think that does to people's respect for other laws in general?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #124
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I do the same.

When all of the above fails and you drive away with 3 tickets instead of the 1 you deserved, you feel disrespected.
I'm sorry man but how can the cop write you a ticket if you didn't "deserve" it? I'm with you to an extent, because I've seen cops load a guy up when they are being dicks but at the end of the day, if you had your insurance papers, didn't have your plate illegally mounted, had your mc endorsement, etc he most likely wouldn't/couldn't have written the ticket.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #125
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
so what you think people are gonna pay attention when speeds increase........lol

man where you been, everybody can drive/text/eat at any speeds..........its human nature.
it does work in other countries...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #126
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
So you are ok with the limits being as they are, yet you guys break them every day. Do you think it really makes sense to have laws that are broken 90+ percent of the time? What do you think that does to people's respect for other laws?
i have no prob. w/ where their set. if i break them and get caught, i get a ticket and let the court system settle it.

is raising the speed limit going to stop people from texting and driving and eating at the same time

so if i speed, i'm more likely to rob a bank?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #127
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
it does work in other countries...
other countries......hard to say cuz nobody is alike........people talk about the autobahn. and it's a great road, been on it myslef, but there are parts that are regulated, it ain't all WFO......

driving there is alot diff. then here. it takes alot more to get a license over there then here

the laws are more stricly enforced, your turn signal is broke.......park the car.

where here you don't have ins. here's your ticket.......

so it;s hard to say really. but i think don't ya'll realize how stupid people really are........lol

anybody remember breast-feeding cel phone talkin toll runnin momma.........yeah prime example.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.

Last edited by RACER X; 10-06-2009 at 12:23 PM..
Old 10-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #128
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'm sorry man but how can the cop write you a ticket if you didn't "deserve" it? I'm with you to an extent, because I've seen cops load a guy up when they are being dicks but at the end of the day, if you had your insurance papers, didn't have your plate illegally mounted, had your mc endorsement, etc he most likely wouldn't/couldn't have written the ticket.
You havent met NYC hwy or the NYC court system. Judges take a highway cops word as gospel so theres no point in fighting it.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #129
shmike
Follower

Quote:
so the inappropriate one's , were they opinion tickets? no changes lane safely or "hard" tickets like tags expired?
I was pulled over for speeding. Fair enough. No complaining from me.

For those who want to "undeserved" story:

One was for no seat belt.

I was wearing my belt until after the vehicle was in park and engine off, I then unbuckled it to reach into the glove box.

I explained that to the officer. I offered to let him drive the truck to hear the annoying chime that WILL NOT go away until the belt is buckled. His answer was that "It wasn't on when I walked up to your window."

Number two was for no proof of insurance.

I had my insurance card, I noticed that is was expired as I handed it to the officer. Showing respect, I mentioned it to him. I also mentioned that I was in the middle of a move and hadn't gotten the new card yet.

As he was running my info, I went through the mail I had just picked up from the old house. My new insurance card was in it!!! I gave it to the officer as proof that I was current. His response: "I've already started the ticket, just pay it, it's not a big deal."

C'mon Ed, all riders are at fault.

Tell me where I was wrong...
Old 10-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #130
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
You havent met NYC hwy or the NYC court system. Judges take a highway cops word as gospel so theres no point in fighting it.

Tom
well if your ins. is expired it's expired. or if you don't have it on you , you don't. in tx we call them fix-it tickets, goto the courthouse w/ your ins. papers and get it dropped.

now if you get an "unsafe" lane change ticket thats an opinion ticket.......your word vs the cops......and people are always "not guilty"......troof!
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.