Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #121
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
No shit.

I want to look and feel better, not win competitions. I have way too much other crap going on to pay this much attention to my diet and how often / what time of day I beat off.

Any simple, convenient meal suggestions? Should I eat before I lift? After I lift? Here's my average week day:

6:30AM : wake up
6:30AM - 7:30AM : shower, eat/drink breakfast, take care of dogs
7:30AM - 8:00AM : ride to work
8:00AM - 4:00PM : work (eat / drink lunch @ 12:00PM)
4:00PM - 4:30PM : ride to gym
4:30PM - 6:00PM : exercise
6:10PM - 8:50PM : school
8:50PM - 9:10PM : ride home
9:10PM - 10:30PM, 12:30AM, 2:30AM, ??? ... : homework, housework

I'm a total zombie in the morning. Waking up an hour earlier than I already do would be difficult in itself, let alone actually trying to exercise. And what counts as low intensity cardio? If I "walk briskly" for an hour after I wake up I will feel like I've just wasted an hour I could have spent sleeping.
When your a natural everything adds up and needs to add up to make any type of gains. Your body is pretty stubborn and usually resists change. Its kinda like riding on the track...you hang off, you brake a little later, gas a little earlier, put new gearing etc. etc. Then...when you add up all the shit you end up puttin around at a good clip. The same holds true about changing your body. You eat several times a day, you change your routine slightly you eat this here and that there and finally when it all comes together it works. And....you make it a habit.

There are alot of people that just "want to loose weight" and the only thing that changes is the portions. Well..if you were a big pear, guess what? You're now just a small pear waiting to be a big pear again. Makes little sense.

If you are not willing to put the time in to do it the "right" way you aren't going to change. Period. So just give up and be like the majority in this country and stay fat. I really do not know what more to say.

You first need more sleep and second you need to do morning cardio on the off lifting days. 60 minutes lifting is also good enough, you don't need 1.5 hours. Also, unless you are going for engineering, you shouldn't be doing 3 hours of homework every night. The hours before 12am are the ones that count and sleep is much more important.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #122
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
From all that I’ve read, it's like caulk for your arteries and digestive system

It's a book written by a MD.....of COURSE it knows more than a bodybuilder

Hans and Franz didn't attend medical school

Protein per 100 calorie portions:

Broccoli: 11.2g
Sirloin: 5.4g
Romaine lettuce: 11.6g
Kale: 9.46g

Source: Adams, C. 1986 Handbook of the nutritional Value of Foods in common units (New York: Dover publications)

All protein on the planet was formed from the effect of sunlight on green plants. The protein in cows comes from the GRASS they eat.

You don't have to believe what I say....do your OWN research. Look up simple protein. It's not hard to find these things out on your own.

Not JUST lettuce, Broccoli, Kale...all sorts of greens.

Keep in mind, MOST of the calories in meat comes from fat. Green veggies are MOSTLY protein.

Yes there are different proteins, and yes for muscle heads there are different proteins to prevent you from being able to wipe your own ass without assistance from being so "stacked" but for NORMAL people, animal products are not necessary for adequate source of protein. We all can get enough protein without consuming so much cancer causing fat (and before you question THAT too….read...then post your source....and the rolleyes smiley isn't a source )

Vegetables are horrible sources of useable protein for humans if your goal is to eat protein which contain all the essential amino acids (which vegetables, except soy, do not). We were meant to eat meat, period. The biological value of the protein in chicken is much higher than brocolli.

Explain how eating meats cause cancer? Or are you forgetting that pesticides are spraying over all the fruits and vegetables, but that isn't cancer causing?

And as I've said before, carbs are the enemy, not the fats. Humans have not yet adapted to these heavily processed carbohydrates and as a result that are playing HVOC with insulin responses.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 09-17-2009 at 09:22 PM..
Old 09-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #123
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
If you're putting that much time and energy into eating and working out, then you'd better be a monster. ....
You know damn well that A plus B doesn't = C when it comes to getting big. Naturally, genetics play a good role regardless of what you eat and how you lift.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 09-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #124
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Followed by immediate weight gain. The weight you lose is water and matter previously trapped in your digestive tract, not fat, unfortunately.

The treatment also makes you dizzy, gives you headaches, makes you crap out things that look like alien space invaders, and during the final few days, you actually have stuff coming out of your skin that makes you smell like onions and hot dogs (no joke).

Just in case you were considering it.
If you want to use a Colon Cleanser, there is a specific one for bodybuilders in which you take 4-5 pills along with as much grape juice as you want 4 times per day for 5 days. The pills contain the cleansers and the BCAAs, so you don't break down muscle during the little stint.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 09-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #125
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Alright, been reading a little about whey protein.

Serving suggestions, recommended brands..? Can you blend fruit into it to make it taste better?
You should only use Whey (whey concentrate is OK) in the morning or pre-post lifting. All other times you should focus on using good clean meats.

www.trueprotein.com has mixes in which you can add in your flavoring or sweetner. I buy the no flavor and no sweetner (tastes a tad like soap, but not bad). Any fruit tastes good when mixed with the whey.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 09-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #126
t-homo
WSB Champion

You guys are some angry mother fuckers.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #127
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
If you want to use a Colon Cleanser, there is a specific one for bodybuilders in which you take 4-5 pills along with as much grape juice as you want 4 times per day for 5 days. The pills contain the cleansers and the BCAAs, so you don't break down muscle during the little stint.
What is it?
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #128
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
What is it?
NSP Research Nutrition

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 09-17-2009 at 09:29 PM..
Old 09-18-2009, 02:39 AM   #129
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
The hours before 12am are the ones that count and sleep is much more important.
Why is that? My mom tells me the same thing, but I pretty much ignore everything she says. 90% of her advice is based on Chinese folklore.

I usually get 8-10 hours of sleep but I am never in bed before 3am.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #130
Krypt Keeper
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR1100XX, Daytona 600

I wanted to share my little story about this.

I started the first week of April this yr to loose weight. Buddy at work was 396lbs and went in the middle of March for a stomach band. He only asked us to give him support. I told him I would not only support him, but also do what he must, as I need to change my ways also.

I weighed in at 255lbs The heaviest I have ever been, and knew I needed to change as I was tired of looking at myself, and feeling the effects of my weight at 30yrs old.

My calorie intake is now around 1,200 or less a day.
High protein, low carbs shakes for breakfast and lunch, but also eat some veggies, carrots, celery, califlower, ect ect. Also take a complete vitamin each morning. Then eat something resonable for dinner. Eat mostly grilled foods now, and stay away from fried foods.

All breads and pasta's were limited, but also replaced with whole grain. I also can't eat all that much anymore, and try to keep my serving sizes reasonable. Takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register your full. So if you eat every meal until your full like you do on Thanksgiving your eating way too much. I also eat dinner around 6pm or so now and not waiting till later at night.

No longer eat ground beef, actually enjoy ground turkey more. Cut out alot of stuff like chips, and crap like that. Trust me if you put a t-bone steak in front of me I will eat it, however I will only be able to eat half of it.

I drink plenty of water already, but also cut out all soft drinks what little I did drink of them. Beer isn't good for you, however I still drink but do it in moderation. I love Yuengling beer, but its like a Big Mac in the carb dept.

You don't have to kill yourself at the gym, just walking or bicycling several times a week will help. I picked up kayaking, and its a blast to do with my buddy. I also play paintball which keeps you moving all day.

I only weigh myself every now and then to see how I am doing. Sometimes weeks would past before I weigh myself.

Today I am at 210lbs (down 45lbs) my goal is 200lbs and anything after that is a bonus. My buddy weighs now 285lbs, (down 111lbs since March).

I feel so much better now, I jump up in the morning out of bed, don't crawl out. I use to have headaches daily which have cut back to just once and a while. (my blood pressure was never high but I was just giving my body crap to work with) I can't wear any of my clothes without a belt, really need to go shopping for better fitting clothes. Also noticed I stand and sit up more straight now, my watch fits loose, wedding ring also.

It won't happen over night or in a few weeks, but you changing your habits and being more active is the first couple of steps to make it happen.

Dave
Krypt Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote