Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-13-2009, 02:13 AM   #111
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
LOL...thinking the same thing.

Thank you all for defending our right to freedom!
I think we ALL thought that...she'd look good in any uniform.

And yeah, plus one on the thanks.
Those of us who haven't had to be shipped away from our loved ones for months on end, stuck in third world countries, risking being shot at or blown up... we're the ones with the free ride.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #112
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
Just give me insulated blue coveralls for the winter, unlined for the summer. Black boots and no hat. Name, rank, and service component. The maintenance badge is irrelevant as coveralls are only for mechanics. The fuckers in the chow hall get there own special uniform so that they look like they're professionals. What does a professional wrench wear? Fucking coveralls. Add the fact that a single set of coveralls costs about $20; ABU pants, top, and hat alone cost about $100 before you get all the shit sewn on.
I spent five years as an aircraft mechanic, and I could not agree with you more. Every day I came in and went to roll call, then took off my BDU's, put on my coveralls and went to work. The BDU's looked nice but if I'm holding a wrench I want coveralls. As for the ABU's, they are only good because nobody's grown the balls to iron them and fuck the rest of us yet. It'll happen, BDU's were supposed to be wash'n'wear too. And it'll be a fucking TI or MTL, or maybe a PME instructor that does it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
but I was hot in ALASKA... can't imagine being in Mississippi in them! especially as I'll be out side more...
It's roungh dude. Whatever you do, don't roll up your sleeves. Most people cut the inside pockets out of the shirt, but expect to be a sweaty mess. Oh, and get desert boots, not the green ones. The salt water air and sun turn them purple here.

I just got this e-mail from safety about the ACU coveralls, enjoy:

ATTENTION ALCON:

Not sure if the coveralls below are issued/used here on Keesler AFB: please check your functional areas to ensure personnel are aware of the safety alert.

Subject: FW: MECH CVRLL.xls - Safety Alert - Heightened Surveillance

Importance: High

Good Afternoon,

DSCP has advised this office that effective immediately, ALL sizes of the Mechanics Coveralls in the Army Universal Pattern are effected by the Safety Alert. The Electrostatic K in the material failed and can cause sparks/fire. All stock in the universal camouflage pattern manufactured by West Point Industries, under contract SPO10006D4007 may be affected. Do not issue any mechanics coveralls until further notice.

Please contact your customers to return the coveralls to your base supply office. DSCP is further investigating in depth the material

failures already discovered. Cease wearing the coveralls, and DSCP
will not issue any inventory until the investigation is concluded. NSNs and sizes as follows:

8415-01-534-7375 - Size Small

8415-01-534-7376 - Size Medium

8415-01-534-7377 - Size Large

8415-01-534-7383 - Size X-Large

8415-01-534-7387 - Size XX-Large

Attachment lists all requisitions, activity, and quantity ordered. Upon conclusion of DSCP investigation, disposition instructions will follow.

If additional information/assistance is required, please contact this office.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #113
highflyer
Trailer Queen

Moto: 06' Ninja 636, 08 ZX6, Ohlins WP, track toy

Well, Spent just over 4 years in the Air Force, Stationed out at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas, Nv.

Was a sensor operator flying the MQ-1 and MQ-9 UAV's..

got out and got a job as a contractor teaching other contractors and military people how to fly those planes.

currently working in Fort Walton Beach, FL at Hurlburt Field working with some ops guys here and teaching them about the system.

Just got back from a 3 month stint in northern Afghanistan....fun fun....

everyone be safe.....
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough
"When entering a corner,don't brake until you see God!"
-K.Schwantz 34
highflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #114
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
You'd have to ask a Great Lakes sailor for that one. I don't tuck my cover anywhere; the benefits of an MCRD education.

Our new blue cammies will have 8 points too. Fuck command ball caps. Of course, most sailors will wear their 8 points like fucking truckers.

I wear a ballcap on the base. No maintenance req'd. Beret off base (not that you'd catch me in uniform off base) And once we're under way? No head dress required..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #115
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
When the Marines started talking uniform change back in the late 90's, all I could think was "Why? Buy me a fucking radio that works and keep the goddamn woodland cammies." I will say that woodland MARPAT blends in better with most forest environments, but hardly enough to justify all the money they sank into development. .

What development? They took our design and changed the colour.

And we stole the idea from the germans. And in the 70's a retired american soldier did a bit of research on digital pattern...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadpat
Old 02-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #116
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

hell I'd have been happy if we'd have stole your idea... but no... the AF has to be fuck'n retarded. (can ya tell I REALLY don't like the ABU's? )

but nothings as hidious as the AF blues they just came out with
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #117
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
hell I'd have been happy if we'd have stole your idea... but no... the AF has to be fuck'n retarded. (can ya tell I REALLY don't like the ABU's? )

but nothings as hidious as the AF blues they just came out with
My work dress consists of black pants and a blue shirt. Neither gets ironed, its bad for flame retardence.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:33 PM   #118
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
for you guys... ours is Oct 1 2011... I had a pair of ABU's last year in AK... fuck'n hated them... but I did find Kel-Lac.com has 100% cotton ABU's... (normal ones are 50% cotton 50% poly... and HEAVY) so I'm hope'n they're lighter... I'll probably wait till I go to Lackland and see if I can hit up their store to try them on... if they're lighter I'll make the switch...

but I was hot in ALASKA... can't imagine being in Mississippi in them! especially as I'll be out side more...
Hope you can find some 100% cotton ABU's ebbs, Biloxi is freakin hot and humid as hell in the summer, and I got to leave the first part of june. I'm hot natured too, I wore my 100% cotton bdu's year around here in GA and they were nice in the winter.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #119
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Can someone answwer this for me about the ABU's? Why do mens ABU shirts button from the left and women from the right? It just seems dumb to me
Old 02-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #120
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
What development? They took our design and changed the colour.
Development of the cammies themselves, which consisted of "wear trials" between two tiger-stripe patterns and the digital pattern. Started in or around '98 and we didn't see the actual cammies in full production until '02.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote