Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #111
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Well I'd take you (divorce, kids and all) if you keep the car.

Holy crap you made me blush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #112
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Guy had to cover 49 States and 3 or four Provinces to find her, so it better be for more than the bike
Tracy's correction of the number of states and provinces aside, you have to laugh at the fact that he found her in the very place we've been trying to get his dumb Okie ass to move to for years.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #113
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I didn't read it all. but, it boils down to...

The good women are with the good men. And vice versa, if you can't find what you're looking for it's not because it's not out there. It's just not wanting to be found.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:11 AM   #114
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Awww shucks!

Maybe a 636 just isn't enough of a draw for the boys. Or maybe it's the fact that I won't let them ride it.
Ahhhh... gotta love some 636....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #115
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80 View Post
Seems all of a sudden my age is starting to tarnish my though of it being just a number. Yes it is just a number, but I am starting to see the fuse burning so to speak, turning 28 only two more years till I am 30. I had always thought I would get married by 30, now the pickings of women has be reevaluating where I stand. It seems women are just crazy anymore, or perhaps I am but I am guessing the former. The lack of moral fiber in people in general is atrocious, the lack of general courtesy is appalling, and finding a girl without children and tattoos seems to be getting damn near impossible. This is very detrimental to my idea of having a family.

I am curious does anyone else have this problem? Perhaps my standards are to high for my income?

its time for another rum and pepsi...
1) Women ARE crazy. Men are crazy too, just more rational most of the time.

2) People get more crazy and set in their ways as they age.

3) Find someone who's brand of crazy fits with yours, it's the best you can hope for.

4) Do it soon, the quest gets no easier as they get crazier with time.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #116
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
So, Kell, have you met Dova??!!

Seriously boys, who wouldnt want a girl like her?? Methinks she's one of those rare breeds, a woman who thinks like a man!! Kell, this is a good thing btw...compliments to you. Theres nothing wrong with being strong and well, you just need a guy whos strong enough, and mature enough to handle your nature and love it!! They are hard to find, and sometimes a pain in the rear, but worth it!

G-seriously, that is the sweetest, awesomest post ever. Archren is lucky to have a guy like you! Congrats!
I am pretty stinking lucky.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #117
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
When I hear men complain that they can't find the right woman, that they are too picky, etc, what I find it safe to assume is that those "right women" are in fact just not attracted to them. Good girls are becoming increasingly rare finds, but they are out there. I'm as demanding of my mates as I can imagine possible, and I'm now married to a woman who generally meets all of the criteria I originally thought I wanted.

All women are attracted to these simple attributes of men. Thus, if you possess some or all of them, you're more likely to have your pick when the higher quality ladies present themselves.

- Be good looking. Women aren't as visual as we are, but they will still often overlook flaws in your character if you're handsome and/or in shape.

- Have money. Women will often overlook flaws in your character, and your lack of looks and muscles, if you have extra income you can spend on them.

- Be confident. A woman will walk away from a hot, shy guy with no game for an average looking guy with good game any day of the week. Women are ten times as competitive as we are and will scratch each others eyes out to win over someone who appears not to like them (or isn't intimidated by them).

- Be a badass. Chicks like tough guys. Men who act like fucking men. It's a security thing. Women, even the very independent ones who don't want to admit it, like feeling safe and taken care of. Every girl I've ever been with has told me that I made her feel safe, even though none of them ever saw me fight. You either have that air of taking care of business or you don't. There is such a thing as over-assertiveness, however, at which point you cease to be a tough guy and instead become a douchebag.

- Be as asshole. An occasional act of kindness or sensitivity usually don't cause any harm, but watch yourself. A woman's devotion to you is relative to how hard she has to work to keep you. Smother her with lovey-dovey bullshit and she'll be riding your best friend as fast as you can stick an "I love you" Post-It note to her steering wheel. Keep her guessing and other men, even those better suited to her than you are, will be all but invisible to her. Just don't overdo it, some chicks are smarter than others.

The suggestions above are most effective, of course, when they come naturally to you. If you fake it, the higher quality women you seek might see through your game.

I spent a lot of time trying to be nicer than I am, thinking that's what the fairer sex was after, and for my efforts I got stepped on and beat down. When I instead started acting the way I felt, and generally just doing as I pleased... what I wanted came to me.

The Triple has spoken.
So remind me, just how old are you again?
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #118
R6Chick
I haven't had that in yrs

Moto: 2004 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Dova, I've been exactly where you are, so maybe I can impart some wisdom your way.

Having critera for someone you consider dating material is fine. You need that. We're all picky in our own right. For a long time, I didn't go out with someone because she a) smoked, b) had kids, c) whatever else was on my list. I was pretty particular about these things for a long time. My best friend pointed out to me exactly what Ebbs did to you in this thread. You don't know what you might be missing because you're not even giving them a chance. Basically, what he told me was "You're not necessarily going to marry them. Go out with them." My argument was the same as Ebbs. I didn't want to date unless I could see a possibility for a long term relationship.

Every year, I asked myself "What's the problem?", "Why am I the only one who can't find a girl to love that loves me back?", "Am I really that bad a person?"

Thanks to a few reasons, I realized that some of my criteria was a bit silly for *me*. What did the trick? I'm not sure. I think there were a few factors involved, not the least of which was age. I was definitely where you are when I was in my late 20s/early 30s.

Yet, at 36, almost 37, here I stand engaged to a wonderful woman. If you had asked me at this time last year if I would have guessed I'd be here, I would have laughed and said no. At even 30, I wasn't really ready for kids, and I darned sure didn't want to date a woman that had kids. Again, here I am with Carolina. She has two adorable girls. I love those girls as if they were my own. Besides, they give you those moments that you just can't do anything but get all sappy about and say *awwww*. Last week when I was in Austin, we were sound asleep. I woke up in the middle of night and Alee, the almost 3 yr old, had a bad dream or something, woke up, and came into the bedroom. I woke up with her curled up beside me about half asleep. I can't begin to explain what an amazing moment that was. I've been around the girls for 7+ months now. As Carolina says sarcastically, *It's a good thing they don't like you.*

Now, for the most important part of what I'm going to say. Take every relationship, every friendship, very importantly. Get what you can out of those, as they will play a huge role in the person you become, and the person you let into your life in the future.
Even I know how hard you looked for her! I remember a long time ago, our weekend venting of the poor quality of men/women we were meeting in the single world from our respective locations.

You definately got lucky! I'm very happy for you and wish you both all the best.

For me, I gave a few guys the opportunity that I typically wouldn't have given them based on first impressions, but after one or two dates they just were too below my standards.

I gave one guy a chance who was younger than me. I looked at things as though you only live once and should enjoy it as much as possible. Things developed in a surprising, but wonderful way, and we're still happy and together today.

It's just ironic that best relationship of my life started out as something I assumed would never go anywhere. We currently live together a year and a half later.
R6Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #119
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
The Triple has spoken.
Twice.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #120
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The "be an asshole" works until, say, age 28. After then, most quality women have decided they don't need to put up with that anymore.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote