Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #111
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I'm more of the "innocent until proven guilty " type.
If some spanish speaking guy is there to pick up an old R1 my first assumption is that they are here legally and that they are assholes for not speaking the language. That and the ZX-9r of that year is the better bike.

I guess it's the result of being mistaken for being spanish\latinus americanus and quite a few folk automatic assumption is that:
A. I speak spanish
B. I just crossed the border
You too? I get the hotel staff in Florida talking Spanish to me all the time. I had a young girl that worked at Publix tell me she liked my R6 in Spanish (which I found out after she realized I didn't speak Spanish and started talking in English). She impressed me, she knew the year of my bike and everything.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:01 PM   #112
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Damn. I missed a lot.

I've heard several times from people that learned english that it english is a very hard language to speak and write. Hell, me not noe mooch uv et ass es.

Of course ya'll do realize american engwish isn't true engwish.

I work with a mexican that makes fun of mexicans. LOL He drivers a dodge but no flare siding or louvers on the side windows. He hates that shit. Also cowboy boots with a tipped end to fine you can use them as a toothpick.

Also a lot of "legal" mexicans dont like all the rallies for illegals to stay. Also illegal mexicans dont like legal mexicans.

I will be a racist for a second. I absolutly HATE when I see the back windshield of a pickup with the mexico flag or any other flag. If you love that country so much, then move on down to it. Also if you ever need to contact a mexican and dont have their number. Just sit down and watch the vehicles pass by. You'll eventually see their last name tagged on their car.

Last edited by Rangerscott; 06-24-2009 at 06:03 PM..
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #113
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Damn. I missed a lot.

I've heard several times from people that learned english that it english is a very hard language to speak and write. Hell, me not noe mooch uv et ass es.

Of course ya'll do realize american engwish isn't true engwish.

I work with a mexican that makes fun of mexicans. LOL He drivers a dodge but no flare siding or louvers on the side windows. He hates that shit. Also cowboy boots with a tipped end to fine you can use them as a toothpick.

Also a lot of "legal" mexicans dont like all the rallies for illegals to stay. Also illegal mexicans dont like legal mexicans.

I will be a racist for a second. I absolutly HATE when I see the back windshield of a pickup with the mexico flag or any other flag. If you love that country so much, then move on down to it. Also if you ever need to contact a mexican and dont have their number. Just sit down and watch the vehicles pass by. You'll eventually see their last name tagged on their car.
Yea but "Garcia", "Hernandez" or "Vasquez" isn't my idea of a pin-pointing clue to finding a particular Mexican.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #114
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
You too? I get the hotel staff in Florida talking Spanish to me all the time. I had a young girl that worked at Publix tell me she liked my R6 in Spanish (which I found out after she realized I didn't speak Spanish and started talking in English). She impressed me, she knew the year of my bike and everything.

James

You could pass for anything from Puerto Rican to Dominican.

You can at least say say you came across the border, but people will be disappointed when you say "the Canadian border"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #115
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I had a 98 ZX-9r...they shaved 70 lbs. off of it from the previous year...nice bike.
You sure that wasn't 01 or 02 when they did that?

Plus the 90's ones looked like dick with that ugly headlight and upper fairing they used to have. It wasn't till later that they got the dual-headlight setup.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #116
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
You sure that wasn't 01 or 02 when they did that?

Plus the 90's ones looked like dick with that ugly headlight and upper fairing they used to have. It wasn't till later that they got the dual-headlight setup.
Homeslice...Homeslice....Homeslice

Little less researching whats Hot in shoes.
Little more researching bikes.

1998 ZX-9r was a monster...single headlight and all. First factory stock bike into the 9's and a feather weight. Prior to that, it was a bit porky but it was still a rocket of a street bike with mainly a street focus. It's styling was was appropriate for the era. R1 came out and pulled a 916 out of it's ass and now we have interesting looking jap bikes (and it was slower than the ZX-9r)

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 06-24-2009, 10:35 PM   #117
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Still a POS compared to the 2000+ and especially the 02/03 models, the best of the breed. From wikipedia:

Quote:
Important detail changes were made in 2000 to the new basic design introduced by the previous model of the ZX-9R. For 2000, the ZX-9R gained a few horses from a compression ratio increase and higher duration/lift cam. Improvements were aimed primarily at handling. A new look was also introduced, with distinctively feline twin headlights and a separate ram-air intake replacing the single headlight and integrated intake of the C-model.

The frame was made stiffer through the enlarging of the front engine mounting bolts, though this still left the ZX-9R with just a single front engine mount on either side of the frame. Further, the rubber bushes in the top rear engine mount were changed to alloy. This combined to make the engine's contribution to the stiffness of the frame/engine unit greater.

The swingarm pivot and wheel spindles were made considerably larger in diameter, again for more stiffness. Increased offset on the triple clamps reduced the trail on the front wheel to make the steering more agile. Forks were shortened to save weight, and the rear shock top mount was redesigned to incorporate a ride-height adjuster.

ZX900F1 (2002) and ZX900F2 (2003)
Changes to the 2002-2003 ZX-9R extended well past simple cosmetic modifications. Additions included a strengthened swingarm (by a claimed 20 percent), stiffened frame, new engine mounts, new rear shock, increased trail and reduced fork offset, and new Nissin four-piston caliper brakes and 320 mm discs at the front wheel. Slight engine modifications included new Keihin carburators and a heavier crankshaft to smooth out shifts. The rear passenger grab handles and fairing stay were also removed from the 2002-2003 models. Color options for 2002-2003 included Kawasaki green, candy gold spark, black and silver.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #118
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Homeslice...Homeslice....Homeslice

Little less researching whats Hot in shoes.
Little more researching bikes.

1998 ZX-9r was a monster...single headlight and all. First factory stock bike into the 9's and a feather weight. Prior to that, it was a bit porky but it was still a rocket of a street bike with mainly a street focus. It's styling was was appropriate for the era. R1 came out and pulled a 916 out of it's ass and now we have interesting looking jap bikes (and it was slower than the ZX-9r)

PNENEDWED!!!

Wait, that's not it.

PWOOONED!!!

Shit.

POWN3D!!!

Fuck it, I give up.

JC
Old 06-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #119
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

This thread is funny! And sad, all at the same time.

My grandmother and mom moved from Italy to Venezuela, where they learned Spanish, then from Venezuela to the US, where they learned English. And I say English because they learned proper English, not American.

My brother-in-law came from Chile to go to school. In under a year he learned to speak English, and in 5 years (after being married and having a kid) got his bachelors degree.

On the other hand, my cousin's daughter who has lived in Italy her whole life (she's 15) can speak English very well. Which is good 'cause I can't speak Italian worth a shit anymore and we communicate on Facebook and I rely on her English speaking ability so she can know what the fuck I'm saying and vice versa.

ETA: And I'm a little drunk so I'm not sure what my point was except for people can come here an learn the language if they want to, and should. And many other countries do in fact teach English and the kids grasp it more than we do in our HS language classes. Probably because they start them much earlier than high school. Fuck I hate trying to spell when I'm drunk!!!

Last edited by 2up; 06-25-2009 at 12:08 AM..
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:17 AM   #120
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Still a POS compared to the 2000+ and especially the 02/03 models, the best of the breed. From wikipedia:
You know...just about every sportbike put out in 1998 is a POS compared to the version released 2-4 years later.

Progress will do that.

Just don't go back in time to 1998 and tell folks what they are buying is a piece of shit and to wait 2-5 years.

Quote: