Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #101
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

As a musician, I must say; This Thread = FAIL (on so many levels).

Wow.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #102
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Here is the beautiful thing. The people in this thread that don't like Beyoncé can keep doing that and its fine. Thats the beautiful thing about living in North America. Your free to choose. Some people only like one type of music. Then some people like Ebbs like everything over the course of a month or so. :LOL:

James
James, James, James... you forget it's the interwebs. If you don't share someone else's OPINION, you're an idiot!
Attached Images
File Type: png duty_calls.png (13.8 KB, 121 views)

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #103
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
BUT she did work with Etta for the movie right? And any needed permission would have been done FOR the movie. Am I right here? And in making a movie a sound track is made. Singles from the sound track will be used as advertising. Sooooo Etta should have known damn well that she would be performing this song more then once. This she should know unless she is a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.

And ebbs is right. You can't contact everyone. Damn for some songs the first to sing is are long gone. So really they only need to contact the legal owner of the song. But in this case because of the movie Etta was contacted.

James

I give up. You completely miss the point and the examples. Dont worry about it.

Just try and keep an open mind, not everyone is going to agree with you, and just because they dont doesnt mean they are wrong.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #104
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I give up. You completely miss the point and the examples. Dont worry about it.

Just try and keep an open mind, not everyone is going to agree with you, and just because they dont doesnt mean they are wrong.
I'm the one with an open mind. Trip for example said he prefers a more bluesy style and made it sound like thats why he thinks she isn't a good singer.

I'm one a the few in this thread not trying to push a music type on anyone. I have never cared if I was the only one that liked a song. Shit at my wedding they had my cousin who was our dj play a song that I like. I didn't know anyone else that liked it. If anyone at my wedding would like it my cousin would. He hated the song. So I was the only one that liked it any nobody seemed to care. I was happy and singing it at the top of my lungs. :LOL: Enjoy what you like but don't hate on others for not liking the same music as you.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #105
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
I'm the one with an open mind. Trip for example said he prefers a more bluesy style and made it sound like thats why he thinks she isn't a good singer.

I'm one a the few in this thread not trying to push a music type on anyone. I have never cared if I was the only one that liked a song. Shit at my wedding they had my cousin who was our dj play a song that I like. I didn't know anyone else that liked it. If anyone at my wedding would like it my cousin would. He hated the song. So I was the only one that liked it any nobody seemed to care. I was happy and singing it at the top of my lungs. :LOL: Enjoy what you like but don't hate on others for not liking the same music as you.

James

What are you talking about? Ive not attacked you for your music tastes, or told you they were wrong. I think you misread my posts that you keep singling out, or confuse me for someone elses.

Listen to what you like, I dont care. Nor am I gonna tell you its crap. Its each their own. I was talking about something completely different, but again, you seem to have missed my point. No worries.

Im probably as bad as ebbs on the music ADD, the only thing i dont listen to is Rap. I also love Opera, Classical, Techno (esp. remakes of actual songs into techno), angry music, you name it. Sometimes even the dreaded POP music. But I've not once dogged anyone for their tastes in this thread or any other.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #106
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
What are you talking about? Ive not attacked you for your music tastes, or told you they were wrong. I think you misread my posts that you keep singling out, or confuse me for someone elses.

Listen to what you like, I dont care. Nor am I gonna tell you its crap. Its each their own. I was talking about something completely different, but again, you seem to have missed my point. No worries.

Im probably as bad as ebbs on the music ADD, the only thing i dont listen to is Rap. I also love Opera, Classical, Techno (esp. remakes of actual songs into techno), angry music, you name it. Sometimes even the dreaded POP music. But I've not once dogged anyone for their tastes in this thread or any other.

I'm talking about the thread in general. I'm not attacking you.

No I don't misread your post. I'm replying to your post and I talk about other parts of the thread as well.

Techno is one type of music I can't get into at all. Opera I don't hate but I don't like at all.

So coles notes version.

When I reply to someone I respond to what is said and will throw in any other thing that was said by to many to just quote one person. So I'm not attacking you. And I'm not attacking anyone. I'm just having a discussion.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #107
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
I've found A LOT of music by TV Show Soundtracks... Long Way Down and Long Way Round (awesome shows) soundtracks are awesome... lots of world music. House M.D. soundtrack season1-5 is good too. lots of crap but lots of good artests.

yeah I like the old school R&B too... but dont' listen to it often...

My iTunes has... well actually my iTunes has shit in it... cause I wiped out my library accidentaly when I restored my PC... but I had 100gig of fuck'n RANDOM music... Garth Brooks to Sanatra to Tupac to Beethoven to The Statler Brothers to Metalica to Bing Crosby.

I really dig blues and jazz lately... John Mayers last couple cd's I enjoy a lot... his first one or two were too popish for me...

here's the thing though...old R&B that some of you love,along with "classic rock" WAS "pop" back in the day. I'm old enough to remember alot of those old R&B songs being played every 15 min on the radio when I was a kid. The same goes Rock and Country. Shit,people probably got tired of hearing Beethoven's 5th every time they went to the theater...
Or Camptown Races... etc
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #108
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Here is the beautiful thing. The people in this thread that don't like Beyoncé can keep doing that and its fine. Thats the beautiful thing about living in North America. Your free to choose. Some people only like one type of music. Then some people like Ebbs like everything over the course of a month or so. :LOL:

James
Ok for one,I'll bet you a million dollars that Etta never contacted Nat King Cole or Glenn Miller before she sang that song. Contacting every singer who has had success with a particular tune before you perform it is silly. I guarantee that Beyonce' had permission to use that song during the inauguration from the people who matter. Etta James does not,thus she was not consulted anymore than I feel the need to contact everyone who previously rented a particular car before I take it out. Basically,that song is a whore,you don't need all the Johns' permission to fuck it,only the pimp's. Back to the OP...the only reason Etta James is pissed is that SHE wasn't invited to sing that turd of a "ditty" to Obama,case closed!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #109
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
here's the thing though...old R&B that some of you love,along with "classic rock" WAS "pop" back in the day. I'm old enough to remember alot of those old R&B songs being played every 15 min on the radio when I was a kid. The same goes Rock and Country. Shit,people probably got tired of hearing Beethoven's 5th every time they went to the theater...
Or Camptown Races... etc
Depends on what you listen to, with that old stuff. Some was 'pop.' A lot wasn't, because it wasn't POPular, except perhaps in specific crowds. Sort of like the music that is now being played by college stations, that couldn't get play back then.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #110
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Depends on what you listen to, with that old stuff. Some was 'pop.' A lot wasn't, because it wasn't POPular, except perhaps in specific crowds. Sort of like the music that is now being played by college stations, that couldn't get play back then.
BULLSHIT! I'm talking about the old R&B that everyone is always on about... I understand that there will always be music that doesn't quite make it into the main stream...I have a fuck load of it right here in my house! I was so into indie music that I would IMMEDIATELY destroy a tape/record if it ever played on the radio! Most of the R&B,Classic Rock,Country Western,etc people talk about loving so much was played absolutely to DEATH back in the day!

Oh and as far as college stations go...remember LIVE? Kid Rock? Pearl Jam? Red Hot Chili Peppers? Beastie Boys? All of these artists couldn't get air time to save their lives and were only played on college radio. As soon as they started making money though...*BANG* they're sell outs! Whatever! Elvis played shithole bars for years before he got a break. It's all the same,nothing has changed is all I'm saying.