Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #101
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Insanity has begun. On a somewhat relaxed schedule (M-W-F, with a run on off days) I probably won't have the advertised results, but this shit is intense!
Just curious....but what factors led you to the decision to cut the program in half?
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #102
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Just curious....but what factors led you to the decision to cut the program in half?
The fact that my work allows me 1 hour 3 days a week to work out, and the program is owned by my work, and I don't like spending more time at work than I have too. SO... I use my allotted work time to do Insanity, and then I still run with my dog at home.
Not really cutting it in half, just making a 60 day program into a 120 day program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #103
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
The fact that my work allows me 1 hour 3 days a week to work out, and the program is owned by my work, and I don't like spending more time at work than I have too. SO... I use my allotted work time to do Insanity, and then I still run with my dog at home.
Not really cutting it in half, just making a 60 day program into a 120 day program
Fair enough....are you in the military?
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #104
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Fair enough....are you in the military?
Yep, Assistant BN S4. So, I'm stuck at a desk most of the time so I really need that time to get active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #105
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
but this shit is intense!
fuck yeah it is. The whole pool of sweat thing isnt a joke.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #106
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

My friend took me to a boot camp at Red Rocks last Saturday. Red Rocks is a 10,000 seat amphitheater carved into the steeply-dipping Fountain Formation Sandstone: http://www.redrocksonline.com/

There are 69 rows, but the first 10 rows were blocked while they were setting up for a concert that night. We parked on top and walked down to the 10th row. We did two pushups and walked up to the next row. Had to stop about 10 rows from the top to catch my breath, but finished.

Then we walked back down and hopped up from one row to the next. I swung my arms for momentum. Each row must be about 18-inches-high. I made it about half-way before I had to stop and rest. Then I started making it to the next row, but fell back. Then I would try again. Sometimes if I failed I would just step up. But I made it to the top.

While I was doing this, other exercisers were running, jumping, and walking the rows or the steps on the sides. Resting and enjoying the views of the sun rising over Denver to the east, and the giant red rocks to the north and south is spectacular. We walked back down. Then we walked up ten rows, did 10 pushups, then hopped up 10 rows. I did two sets and was finished for the day. I hiked up the rest of the rows and we drove home. The next day, my triceps were sore from the pushups, and my glutes were sore from the hopups. But I'll do it again in two weeks.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #107
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Looking for suggestions...

I'm doing jiu jitsu 3-4x per week. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday...

Mondays are fundamentals classes with not much exertion, Wednesdays I do both the fundamentals and advanced classes, so that's a pretty heavy day. Thursdays and Saturdays are all levels classes that fall somewhere in between...

I'm trying to set up a kettlebell routine but I'm leary of over-training... I'd like to swing them bitches at least 3x per week. This is what I'm thinking:

Mondays - light jiu jitsu - full kettlebell routine, approx. 45 mins.
Tuesday - rest.
Wednesday - heavy jiu jitsu
Thursday - medium jiu jitsu- light kettlebell routine, approx. 20 mins.
Friday - rest (occassional medium jiu jitsu - no gi)
Saturday - medium jiu jitsu - light kettlebell routine, approx. 20 mins.
Sunday - rest.

Kettlebell routines will change based off of what's going on in class - offsetting the muscle groups that weren't engaged as much. Skipping a jiu jitsu day, will end up with a full kettlebell routine.

I'm also doing light bike rides in the mornings with the dogs, pretty much every day... if I can drag my ass out of bed...

Last edited by OneSickPsycho; 07-17-2012 at 11:40 AM..
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #108
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Back on the p90x horse and running again.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #109
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Looking for suggestions...

I'm doing jiu jitsu 3-4x per week. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday...

Mondays are fundamentals classes with not much exertion, Wednesdays I do both the fundamentals and advanced classes, so that's a pretty heavy day. Thursdays and Saturdays are all levels classes that fall somewhere in between...

I'm trying to set up a kettlebell routine but I'm leary of over-training... I'd like to swing them bitches at least 3x per week. This is what I'm thinking:

Mondays - light jiu jitsu - full kettlebell routine, approx. 45 mins.
Tuesday - rest.
Wednesday - heavy jiu jitsu
Thursday - medium jiu jitsu- light kettlebell routine, approx. 20 mins.
Friday - rest (occassional medium jiu jitsu - no gi)
Saturday - medium jiu jitsu - light kettlebell routine, approx. 20 mins.
Sunday - rest.

Kettlebell routines will change based off of what's going on in class - offsetting the muscle groups that weren't engaged as much. Skipping a jiu jitsu day, will end up with a full kettlebell routine.

I'm also doing light bike rides in the mornings with the dogs, pretty much every day... if I can drag my ass out of bed...
Kettlebells are the best strength exercise you can do for BJJ for sure man, so good choice. A vast amount of over training comes from inadequate diet/calories IMO, or at least in my experience. If you start feeling shitty, not sleeping well, etc...then eat a giant meal and see how it works.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #110
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Kettlebells are the best strength exercise you can do for BJJ for sure man, so good choice. A vast amount of over training comes from inadequate diet/calories IMO, or at least in my experience. If you start feeling shitty, not sleeping well, etc...then eat a giant meal and see how it works.
Yeah, Rogan convinced me to check them out... now that I have, I wish I would have discovered them sooner... Much more engaging and dare I say fun than lifting weights.

We will see how it goes... I am running a pretty solid calorie deficit, but feel good so far... Haven't really ramped up the kettlebells, but I'm going get it going this week.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote